• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Retention of download preferences between downloads?

tbessie

I searched a bit here, and couldn't find it discussed (though I could have missed it), but...

Is there any move to retain download settings for video resolution and audio track between downloads? If even for the same series?

Once changed, they seem to revert to the default, or change, on subsequent downloads.

I changed some from the defaults, and the video preference stuck - sometimes. Sometimes it reverted.
The audio always reverted to the default.

Is there any request out there to retain the settings once selected? Is this something that's possible to do?

Thanks much!

- Tim

Is there any move to retain download settings for video resolution and audio track between downloads? If even for the same series?
AnyStream should always do that anyway. And usually does.
If it doesn't for you, there's something going wrong.

Can you please post the content of the following registry keys (right when one of the selections is not as you expect it and before you hit download) here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\PrefAudioLanguage
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\PrefResolutionWidth

The way this works (or should)...
the pre-selection is pretty straightforward: pre-select the first video width in the registry entry that is also available in the title.
updating is a bit more complicated, but basically: the width you eventually selected gets moved upward in the priority list right above the highest other of the available (in the current title) widths.

This is how AnyStream "learns" what settings you usually prefer over others. Similarly with languages.

Sorry, this is not entirely easy to wrap one's head around. But maybe it helps you identify an error in the priority-list-update.

I experience the same wierd behaviour. My UI languade is Ukrainian.
As I notice when I open TV series and Ukrainian language is available, it's selected by default.
Then I change it to download in English. Episode downloaded.
When I press Download for the next eposide - Deutsch language selected. Totally wierd.
My expectation is whichever language was last used while downloading - it should be selected for the next expisode. If episode misses this language - pick first available.

The regisrtry values are:
PrefAudioLanguage:
uk
sv
ru
en
de
it
fr
es
en_US
de_DE
uk_UA
es_ES
ru_RU
it_IT

PrefResolutionWidth:

By the way: this worked about 3-4 versions back.

By the way: this worked about 3-4 versions back.
Nothing about this has been changed. The algorithm remained the same for.... I don't know - definitely before the first official release 1.0.0.0
The whole issue is a bit more complicated than you'd think.

it should be selected for the next expisode. If episode misses this language - pick first available.
Many people are multi-lingual and have multiple preferences for languages, so this needs to be taken into account. That's why there needs to be a priority list and not just a simple fall back to "first" (which would be random, really).

Then...the country-codes further complicate things. For some languages it doesn't matter as much (I suppose Ukrainian may be among those), but others, like Portuguese, have major differences between Countries.
Early versions of that algorithm ignored the country code for that reason. But that was a problem for some.
Someone from Brazil (PT_BR) may be content with European Portuguese (PT_PT) but prefers English, because PT_BR and PT_PT differ enormously.
AND some providers do, others don't add country codes, or maybe just sometimes.
So you're left dealing with (in this example) PT_BR, en, en_US, en_GB, PT_PT
AnyStream may have encountered some, but not all of these variants.

Your particular list indicates, that you must have, at some point, downloaded all of those languages listed (they only end up in that list, when actually downloaded). So AnyStream learned from you that you're at least potentially interested in all of those.

That list has "uk" at the top, but "uk_UA" pretty far down. "de" and even "de_DE" are higher up. Same with "en_US", which is very low.
So if some movie lists the "en_US", instead of just "en", AnyStream will decide, that you'd rather have "de" in this particular case.

...but if you choose English then and download, "en_US" will move up accordingly and the problem shouldn't crop up again.

It all boils down to: if you're consistent with your language selections, AnyStream will pre-select pretty well. But if you, occasionally, break out of your habits and do "unexpected" things, that logic will get confused and so will you.
You can also delete those registry keys, and the learning will reset.

What version AnyStream are you using?

AnyStream Plus 1.2.2.2 64 bit.

I was using the prior release when I reported this, but just updated to the latest version, and it's still happening. In particular, the audio setting keeps reverting to the max available, instead of the one I last used for episodes in the same series and season.

AnyStream should always do that anyway. And usually does.
If it doesn't for you, there's something going wrong.

Can you please post the content of the following registry keys (right when one of the selections is not as you expect it and before you hit download) here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\PrefAudioLanguage
en_US
en

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\PrefResolutionWidth

So that has been sticking (it's selecting 1280 resolution consistently now, though it hadn't in the past).

However, audio isn't sticking - it keeps choosing the max available, not the one I last chose.

I don't see anything referring to, for instance, PrefAudioResolution or something like that, though, so perhaps that isn't something that AnyStream remembers?

Maybe it would be a new feature, remembering last selected audio track type?

- Tim

However, audio isn't sticking - it keeps choosing the max available, not the one I last chose.

I don't see anything referring to, for instance, PrefAudioResolution or something like that, though, so perhaps that isn't something that AnyStream remembers?
Yes, indeed, you're right.
That will be added.

Back