• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Restrepo (2010) Region A USA Read Error(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a matter of opinion as to whether that's desired behavior or not. Most people would rather fix the root of the problem when encountering read errors. SlySoft does not believe in continuing when an error is encountered. Again, it's a philosophical issue. If you wish to attempt to continue the rip when an error is encountered, then use a program that allows that in combination with AnyDVD. For example, you can use ImgBurn to rip the image and set the read retries higher and the read speed to 1x. The ripper functionality of AnyDVD was never really intended to be part of the product. It was added as a convenience to end users. If that functionality is not sufficient, again, use something that is. AnyDVD will still unprotect the disc in the background for you in combination with whatever you choose to use to read the disc. I hope this helps.

Of course they don't it make life much easier for them but the choice should be there and it can be done!

Like I said before TYPICAL...

Of course they don't it make life much easier for them but the choice should be there and it can be done!

Well if you don't like the way they work, feel free to create your own decrypting & ripping tool that does what you want it to do. Knock yourself out if you can do better

Ok, last try at this. You do get that AnyDVD is *NOT* a ripping tool, right? That SlySoft is working on a ripping product tentatively called CloneBD? That is where this functionality to configure read errors should be. And probably will. Who knows. In any case, that's where it BELONGS. The ripper functionality in AnyDVD is designed to be super basic, and super simple. As I said, added as a convenience to users who at the time it was introduced, needed it. Reserve your scathing judgement for CloneBD...

You obviously know what we are doing here and we are not talking about transcoding. Also this error correction would not belong there anyway so please try not to turn this around on nonsense!

Handling disc error HAS TO BE DONE on the disc rip to hard drive you certainly can't do it afterwards OBVIOUSLY!

The argument that it's not Slysoft's fault is true but again doesn't apply. Copy Protection is not Slysoft's fault either but you are providing a service that is suppose to allow us to backup our movies.

What a joke about CloneBD when do you think that will come out? Maybe after we go to a next standard there are at least 4 other good programs that will transcode Blu-ray right now and do a good job.

If that is your only arguments then just give up, tell the truth, and move on.

The fact is Slysoft doesn't want to address this problem thankfully I bought DVDFab too and they at least seem interested in providing a tool that can handle most problems. Sad because I've been a supporter here for a very long time and I really do like your products over all.

WOW,
Stevo

Where did I say *ANYTHING AT ALL* about transcoding in my post? You obviously have an agenda here. If you're happy with your newly purchased software, great, problem solved and we can all move on now. I'm personally done in this thread.

P.S. I don't work for SlySoft. Just for your information.

A twisted road we travel, you were done before we started it seems. LOL But thanks for not understanding...

So you would prefer to use a piece of software that'll rip a file with corruption in the stream rather than getting the disc replaced for a non faulty disc? That sounds a bit crazy to me. Blu-ray discs should never have read errors, if they do then that means the disc itself is faulty, it's not a form of copy protection. If you get read errors then get the disc replaced. Any ripping software that allows you to ignore those kind of errors is opening you up for playback and encoding issues down the line.

Yes I would, sometimes you can't get a good fault free disc set, as I have a WWII series that I replaced 4 times and could not get a perfect pressing.

P90X which tons of people had the same problems with and AnyDVD could not do the job on but Fab certainly could and did. I didn't even notice an error afterwards so again yes!

The video standard allows all sorts of errors/dropouts in the stream so errors are a part of life.

Do I want my discs/movies to be perfect? Of course I do when ever possible it just isn't always possible.

It is sad that there is an arrogance here and people will not even acknowledge the problem I'm speaking of which is very simple. I would have more respect for someone if they just said we are not going to handle those problems then try to twist things around and avoid the real problem/response. I still wouldn't like it but I would have more respect. Trying to make it out like I don't know the score is just wrong and it is a political move to avoid answering the real issue. Nothing new in todays world.

The facts are that even though I think Slysoft does a better job of copying movies over all than Fab I can't rely on AnyDVD like I can Fab and that is just sad to say the least.

It is sad that there is an arrogance here and people will not even acknowledge the problem I'm speaking of which is very simple. I would have more respect for someone if they just said we are not going to handle those problems then try to twist things around and avoid the real problem/response. I still wouldn't like it but I would have more respect. Trying to make it out like I don't know the score is just wrong and it is a political move to avoid answering the real issue. Nothing new in todays world.
If you go back and read you'd see that SamuriHL did answer this
This is a matter of opinion as to whether that's desired behavior or not. Most people would rather fix the root of the problem when encountering read errors. SlySoft does not believe in continuing when an error is encountered.
As James is an AnyDVD developer I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about and has no 'political' agenda

And by that answer Slysoft would be wrong, of course in their favor. I know plenty of people who would disagree with that statement and they complain about it all the time. But then Slysoft says no it's not our fault please see sticky.

It is all of the twisting and lying/posturing that really ticks me off and was a part of this thread.

At any rate as I mentioned at least DVDFab will pick up the slack, thankfully!

Competition is good.

Thanks Adbear for trying,
Stevo

You're a good man...

NO they are not wrong, they are not lying or twisting anything. AnyDVD HD doesn't allow you to skip over read errors as on a Blu-ray that means you have a faulty disc and you really should get it replaced for a non faulty one. As has been stated you can leave AnyDVD HD running in the background and use a third party ripper to rip and skip the errors if you really want, but this then has the potential to cause playback errors or re-encoding issues if you want to shrink or convert to an MKV.

NO they are not wrong, they are not lying or twisting anything. AnyDVD HD doesn't allow you to skip over read errors as on a Blu-ray that means you have a faulty disc and you really should get it replaced for a non faulty one. As has been stated you can leave AnyDVD HD running in the background and use a third party ripper to rip and skip the errors if you really want, but this then has the potential to cause playback errors or re-encoding issues if you want to shrink or convert to an MKV.

Yes they are in all aspects! And the fact that others like Fab address this and AnyDVD CHOOSES not to is the proof in the pudding.

1) They are wrong when they say there is nothing they can do.
2) They are wrong when they decide for others, which aids themselves ONLY, but state it like the people spoke. Maybe you Adbear by into their nonsense but most people I know that are at least semi-smart do not.
3) Obviously having a sticky to cover this issue and avoid any responsibly shows that it is a big issue that many people have and wish they didn't have.
4) Their wrong when they try to avoid the real issue here by trying to change the subject when I mentioned Rip and their response was What CloneDVD does.

These are just some of the problems here at the forum or with Slysoft and I'm saddened that you seem to be brainwashed into their camp, I thought you might be better than that Adbear but I was wrong.

The bottom line is if you can play a movie you most certainly should be able to copy it, it's a no brainer really and if it requires ECC or some other form of error correction so be it as it DOESN'T have to be in firmware it can be in software.

Like I said before I use to use AnyDVD exclusively but I find that Fab is the direction I'm working towards these days as it works more of the time over AnyDVD.

Too bad,
Stevo

Did I forget to say you are wrong Adbear? LOL

WOW, and you called others arrogant. You come here and all you do is insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. That to me is the height of arrogance.

Just because they choose not to do what you want which is to allow you to make a corrupt copy then doesn't make them wrong. As has been mentioned before the ripper in AnyDVD HD was put in as a basic ripper to help out with old issues with HD DVD's and Blu-rays so you could get a perfect rip of your disc not a corrupt laden copy. It's already been stated that if you want to make a corrupt copy then leave AnyDVD HD running in the background and use a 3rd party ripper.
They are not avoiding responsibility by directing people to the sticky, they are pointing out that if a Blu-ray has read errors then it's faulty and you should get it replaced. It's not their responsibility to make sure the pressing is not faulty that's the responsibility of the disc manufacturer.
I'm quite glad that I disappoint you as I would hate to be so 'semi smart' as to want a corrupt copy of my Blu-ray's. When I buy a Blu-ray disc I expect it to be in perfect condition and if it's not I send it back and get it replaced until I get a fully working copy. If you prefer to put up with substandard Blu-ray discs and are prepared to allow them to rip you off by selling you substandard discs then that's your decision but pretty much everyone on here who gets told they have faulty Blu-ray discs gets them replaced because they are smart enough to realise they should get the disc replaced with one that works and not get ripped off with faulty discs.
Bottom line is when it comes to Blu-ray discs at this present time there is never any reason why you should need a ripper that skips past errors on the disc. If the disc has read errors then it's faulty and any smart person would send it back for a working disc.

Last edited:
Facts:

1) Your disc has a read error on it.
2) AnyDVD does not rip blu-rays with read errors on them.

You don't seem to like the answer that AnyDVD is not going to change, and that SlySoft doesn't appear to agree with the idea of ripping bad discs. Oh well. Get over it. Go enjoy your product that allows you to create corrupt images.

I *REALLY* don't want to post in this thread again. Meaning, if I have to, it will be to close it. Enough already.

Facts:

1) Your disc has a read error on it.
2) AnyDVD does not rip blu-rays with read errors on them.

You don't seem to like the answer that AnyDVD is not going to change, and that SlySoft doesn't appear to agree with the idea of ripping bad discs. Oh well. Get over it. Go enjoy your product that allows you to create corrupt images.

I *REALLY* don't want to post in this thread again. Meaning, if I have to, it will be to close it. Enough already.

I don't and I WILL! :)

Thread moved to third party forum. Stevo is permanently excluded from the forum, his posting have violated to the forum rules. Forum membership is a privilege, not a right. Stevo may continue to request support directly from Slysoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back