• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] write errors

drp567

I just recently started getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors with one of my drives Hitachie-LG, which i have used for a year without issues. Iam using verbatim datalifeplus +r. I get the error around 11% always. If I said write again after I get the error it writes Ok. I have tried the Write.DLL - same issue. If I read with it first then when it asks for a DVD to write i load one it works. Weird. Any Help would be appreciated greatly

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_VISITOR.zip
    100 KB · Views: 8
PHILIPS DVD-ROM DROM6316

That's not your burner. Provide a log file with your burner please

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

2. Update your burner's firmware (if available): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18731

3. Click this

Do what it says to do

Write Errors

I made sure it the drive was region 1 -US. The writer is a Hitachi/LG HL-DT-ST DVD -+RW GSA-H31N Sata drive. I think the latest firmware B109. And drivers. I tried again to write. Iam reading from the Philips drive to the LG drive. I created a new logfile and same input disk. Again it was a WriteDVD 10 11 W2, same Verbatim +R output disk, and same error WriteDVD 10 11 W2.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_VISITOR.zip
    100 KB · Views: 2
I made sure it the drive was region 1 -US.

Not according to your log file you haven't:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Now do what I wrote please.

The writer is a Hitachi/LG HL-DT-ST DVD -+RW GSA-H31N Sata drive.

1) I specifically requested a log file using your burner? Where is the log file?

2) Set your reader's region code with Anydvd disabled.

3) What motherboard brand and model are you using?

4) Are you using Microsoft default sata drivers? If not, try using default sata drivers

Write Errors

Sorry I thought the Philips drive was set for region 1, I have done that. The log file I have sent is from when you right click the AnyDVD icon and say create log file. How do I create one for the write in cloneDVD? This is a Dell XPS 410. The disk controller is a Intel ICH8R/DO/DH Sata Raid Controller driver is Intel 6.0.1.1002 which is what I received when I purchased the system over a year ago. I have been coping DVDs without a problem on this system up until a couple weeks ago, without a problem. So i guess Iam confused why it would be a driver issue. I just updated AnyDVD to include HD ablility.

How do I create one for the write

I mean your burner. put the original disc in your burner. Then create a log file.

The disk controller is a Intel ICH8R/DO/DH Sata Raid Controller driver is Intel 6.0.1.1002

I'd visit Intel's website, and check for the latest chipset drivers and raid drivers (also check Dell's website).

So i guess Iam confused why it would be a driver issue.

I use a computer with an Intel ICHR9 raid controller (not that different). I'm not having issues. In fact, I'm not having issues across 3 computers that are using intel chipsets. What you're experiencing is some kind of communication issue to your drives from Clonedvd. The only reasonable explanation I can see for that is either a background program is causing some sort of conflict--or there's some sort of sata controller issue (and that can be affected by outdated or corrupt drivers).

I would

a) look for updated Intel chipset and Sata raid drivers
and
b) run Windows Task Manager and "end task" on all non-essential processes.

I just updated AnyDVD to include HD ablility.

That has no bearing on this problem.

Last edited:
Write errors

here it is

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_THE_VISITOR.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 2
here it is

You sure that's an original disc? What colour is the bottom of it?

The disc is single layer and completely unprotected.

Anyway, again,

I would

a) look for updated Intel chipset and Sata raid drivers
and
b) run Windows Task Manager and "end task" on all non-essential processes.

write errors

I have just added a new LG drive GH22LS30 and it has the same issues. I have turned off all other non-essential programs. I am a person who has worked with computers for 35 years ( started with tubes and and did repair of everything from pc to mainframe, iam now a system admin for a nonstop Tandem/Sun unix) I look at firmware as if it worked for a year without a problem it should work now, so sata should be ok. I have seen many weird problems over those years. This one is one. I can wait until it request a DVD to write and it works OK, if I have the DVD in the drive waiting it fails. If you look at the DVD it looks like it tried to write over the area at the beginning again, closest area to the inner circle. If I use my Mad Dog USB +R it work as it should, if I use a -R with the LG it works as it should. Again I have used this product on 2 PC for over 3/4 years. I still love the product and will continue to use it. Yes Iam only copying previous copies, but that shouldn't may a difference. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Where exactly did you get this original disc from?

My understanding and experience is that in North America they released it as a Region 1 release. A region should be set and I also believe it had CSS. I tend to notice when discs aren't region coded or using CSS and I am pretty positive it had both. I dealt with this disc within the last week. It is a legitimate single layer release.

I had no troubles either ripping the disc with CloneDVD nor burning a backup.

So, the important thing here is to know where you got this disc and what part of the world you live. If you live in Region 1 then this is definitely odd.

write errors

Here is a original DVD that I tried to copy. It failed at 5% of the write. Iam using a verbatim with code MCC 004. It is region 1. In the past (3 years) this worked OK. Now if you look at the DVD it looks darker near the hole in the DVD???

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_ADVENTURES_OF_ROBIN_HOOD_DISC1.zip
    101.3 KB · Views: 2
I am a person who has worked with computers for 35 years

While that's nice and everything, that honestly has no bearing on anything.

I look at firmware as if it worked for a year without a problem it should work now

No. You're missing information. Verbatim (which is what you're using) can outsource to different companies, and dye types and manufacturing processes can and do change. Firmware updates can be offered to address these changes. MCC 004 is typically a very reliable media code, but the thing is that despite the fact the media code is constant, it could be made by CMC or Prodisc if the discs were made in Taiwan. So it's not as though all MCC 004 is coming from a single source.

Verbatim made in Taiwan is made by CMC, Prodisc (or possibly Ritek in some countries . . . I'm not sure if those are fake Verbatims)

Verbatim made in India is made by Moser Baer

Verbatim made in Singapore is made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (of which Verbatim is a subsidiary)

Verbatim made in Japan is made by Taiyo Yuden

so sata should be ok

That is also faulty reasoning if a program has been updated to interact with drives in a different manner. If you're not using the latest sata drivers or default Microsoft drivers, this could be one explanation.

I have seen many weird problems over those years. This one is one. I can wait until it request a DVD to write and it works OK, if I have the DVD in the drive waiting it fails.

That does smack of a firmware/driver interaction issue.

Yes Iam only copying previous copies, but that shouldn't may a difference.

For legal reasons, I can really only assist when people are using original discs.
But you're right: that won't make a difference.

Now if you look at the DVD it looks darker near the hole in the DVD???

Yeah, because that's where the writing occurred.

GSA-H31N B110

This is an LG OEM drive from Dell using B110 firmware. This drive, by the way, can be crossflashed to the GSA-H30N drive, which supports dvd-ram, but that would void your drive's warranty (if it's still in effect): http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/possible-flash-gsa-h31n-anothers-model-firmware-230588/#post1918522

1. Contact Dell, and see if there's a firmware update for your drive.

2. Failing that, I would crossflash, and then use firmware updates on LG's website for the GSA-H30N

3. Update sata drivers or switch to Microsoft defaults

Last edited:
write errors

The log from Robin hood is an originial disk. I do have the latest firmware on my drive B110. I also have a new drive GH22LS30, which is doing the same thing. I find it interesting that if i let request a new DVD +r it works fine, if once it fails you put another new DVD +r and select write pushbutton it works fine. These DVD +r are all from the same lot and it was working fine a couple weeks ago. I would be nice if CloneDVD had a better troubleshooting log, including debugging.

The log from Robin hood is an originial disk. I do have the latest firmware on my drive B110.

Dell hasn't released an update since 2007?

I'd crossflash then: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/possible-flash-gsa-h31n-anothers-model-firmware-230588/#post1918522

1. I would crossflash, and then use firmware updates on LG's website for the GSA-H30N

2. Update sata drivers or switch to Microsoft defaults

I'm not having any problems with an LG GGC-H20L

3. Update your drive's firmware.
For LG burners, visit http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp
a) select your location at the top
b) select dvd-rom (writer) link
c) scroll through or search the various pages until you find your burner

4. In bios, if you have Sata ports set to function as "AHCI" try changing that to "IDE"

Last edited:
write errors

I have found the problem. I have update both LG drives and Sata controller to the newest firmware level. That didnt fix the problem. I never had a issue with IMGBURN. I have found out that it has to do with Kaspersky upgrade to 8.0.0.506 en ver. If I disable Anti-malware and Files and Memory, I have no problems copying. I did a upgrade 12/10 and this was the timeframe when I started having problems with clonedvd. I know some people are going to say I have a LG drive and 8.0.0.506 and it works OK. So what!

I have found the problem. I have update both LG drives and Sata controller to the newest firmware level. That didnt fix the problem. I never had a issue with IMGBURN. I have found out that it has to do with Kaspersky upgrade to 8.0.0.506 en ver. If I disable Anti-malware and Files and Memory, I have no problems copying. I did a upgrade 12/10 and this was the timeframe when I started having problems with clonedvd. I know some people are going to say I have a LG drive and 8.0.0.506 and it works OK. So what!

I'm glad you resolved your problem and thanks for letting us know how.

Back