• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved with 6.4.9.1 beta] Minor Issue With Wall-E Region 1

Yes, what I refer to as OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is a genuine real copy of Wall-E on DVD.

Just so you understand OEM used in reference to Video DVDs is confusing since it just isn't done. I've never heard this said before which is why others are also confused.

I removed all the filters that DrinkLyeAndDie asked that I remove. I've backed up many movies with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 including several recent releases with no problems like this one. Fortunately the software is so good that I've not had to learn much about how it works or the correct terminology to use.

I don't know where the Gear filter came from. I installed the Amazon UnBox player near the time that the Gear filter was loaded. Perhaps it came with that as UnBox initially ran persistently and auto updated. UnBox did cause problems with CloneDVD2 for several days until I stopped it from autoloading at computer start up. I checked the Bad Filters Sticky. I don't have any that are on the list.

The ones I pointed out are the ones to worry about. If I didn't mention it then don't worry. Many programs install the GEAR filter as well as the PxHelp filter.

If you are using Clone DVD 2, please compare the times shown for Title 78, 80, & 82 on your Title Configuration page to the screen shot that I submitted. My guess is that you will have run times greater than 0.00 listed.

Thanks for your comments.

In theory I understand what you are saying. So what you are saying is that once a backup is made or you are watching the DVD with AnyDVD running in the background that when you go to watch one of the bonus features which is one of the above mentioned titles that it either doesn't play at all? Yes, when a title is seen as bogus it can have it's time set to 0:00 and you might see something from another part of the disc in it's location in the preview window within CloneDVD.

It appears from what you are describing that AnyDVD is considering it an unnecessary file when it actually is necessary from your explanation and from looking at your screenshot.

Could you please do me a favor and confirm that you are running AnyDVD at default settings? Open the preferences and click on the Default button and then OK. Try viewing the disc from your DVD drive. Just confirm that this still occurs, please.

Now, secondly, please tell me what the UPC number is on the back of the disc case. Include all 12 numbers.

That filter should pose no issues. PxHelp20.sys is also another filter that doesn't seem to pose issues. Both shouldn't cause any issues to have installed. Many programs install PxHelp20.sys and GEARAspiWDM.sys also seems to be quite common.
I had never heard of it before so thought it could be an issue, apologies. Just annoying where people dont follow instructions and refer to a DVD as OEM which is computer software term, etc. I had no issues with Wall-E at all - did a test for Webslinger, all fine.

I had never heard of it before so thought it could be an issue, apologies.

Not a problem. :)

Just annoying where people dont follow instructions and refer to a DVD as OEM which is computer software term, etc.

Yes, when instructions aren't followed it can be harder to help someone. cindyb has removed the filters and is describing the problem rather well minus the OEM issue which is a non-issue. It's confusing but let's move beyond that since it really has no relevance to resolving the problem.

I had no issues with Wall-E at all - did a test for Webslinger, all fine.

And this is what is so intriguing. cindyb is describing a problem that can occur and has with other titles in the past when a problem did exist. What she has described and illustrated with her screenshot isn't out of the question.

It gets confusing when you are saying you have no such issue. This is why I'm asking for her to tell us what UPC code is on back of the disc case. It's possible the versions of discs are slightly different somehow.

It gets confusing when you are saying you have no such issue. This is why I'm asking for her to tell us what UPC code is on back of the disc case. It's possible the versions of discs are slightly different somehow.

I didn't burn it, but I watched the whole AnyDVD rip using PowerDVD and did not reproduce this issue. Very strange ???

-W

Just so you understand OEM used in reference to Video DVDs is confusing since it just isn't done. I've never heard this said before which is why others are also confused.

The ones I pointed out are the ones to worry about. If I didn't mention it then don't worry. Many programs install the GEAR filter as well as the PxHelp filter.

In theory I understand what you are saying. So what you are saying is that once a backup is made or you are watching the DVD with AnyDVD running in the background that when you go to watch one of the bonus features which is one of the above mentioned titles that it either doesn't play at all? Yes, when a title is seen as bogus it can have it's time set to 0:00 and you might see something from another part of the disc in it's location in the preview window within CloneDVD.

It appears from what you are describing that AnyDVD is considering it an unnecessary file when it actually is necessary from your explanation and from looking at your screenshot.

Could you please do me a favor and confirm that you are running AnyDVD at default settings? Open the preferences and click on the Default button and then OK. Try viewing the disc from your DVD drive. Just confirm that this still occurs, please.

Now, secondly, please tell me what the UPC number is on the back of the disc case. Include all 12 numbers.

As requested, I set the AnyDVD default button again, clicked ok and rebooted with the same play results. I normally run all the AnyDVD default settings except that I usually have autostart at bootup turned off.

I have the single disc version of the movie. The numbers on the back of the case are: ISBN: 0-7888-7693-7 & UPC: 7 8693673491 1

You have described the issue accurately except that the same non-selected video always plays instead of one of the selections in the Deleted Files menu when the directors intro comments are turned on. The following describes the issue as accurately as I can:

Purchased Disc – Plays as expected on PC when AnyDVD isn’t running. The purchased disc also plays as expected on stand alone DVD players. On PC (when AnyDVD is running in background at default settings) from the Deleted Scenes menu with Optional Introductions by Director turned on all three potential selections (Play All, Garbage Airlock, and Dumped) play the Animation Sound Design video (normally selectable only from the Bonus Features Menu).

Disc copy made with AnyDVD & Clone DVD2 - Plays the Animation Sound Design video from the Deleted Scenes menu with Optional Introductions by Director turned on with all three potential selections (Play All, Garbage Airlock, and Dumped) on the PC (whether AnyDVD is running or not) and on our regular stand alone DVD player (an Oppo OPDV971H)

I've attached a zipped word file with screen shots of the pertinent DVD menus and a scan of the back of the DVD case if more information is need. I'm sorry for any confusion that I caused. I appreciate everyone's patience and the help that people have provided.

Attachments

• Wall-E Issue w Menu shots & DVD case.zip
    366.1 KB · Views: 2
Ya.... I'm just trying to wrap my head around the concept of an "intermittant problem" at all. :bang:

-W

cindyb, please update to AnyDVD 6.4.9.1 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=23870.

It should address your issue.

Yes, It works now! Issue resolved. Thank you so much. This has been a bit of an adventure. I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Sorry, it took me so long to create the previous response that I missed the resolution until after I had posted the response.

Last edited:
Yes, It works now! Issue resolved. Thank you so much. This has been a bit of an adventure. I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Sorry, it took me so long to create the previous response that I missed the resolution until after I had posted the response.

I'm glad to hear that the update resolved your problem. :)

This whole saga is playing with my mind. I have the same Region 1 Wall-E DVD and had no issues playing deleted scenes with commentary while anydvd was running on system - so why did this person have this issue with the same movie and same region - surely this proves its not a software problem.

Back