• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Windows 7 problem - will not work with any Blu-ray

tjp

I see here that many say there are no issues with AnyDVD and Windows 7. Has anyone tried AnyDVD-HD under W7? I have a definite problem. When I use it for DVDs, everything is okay-dokey. However, if I try to copy a mkts file from a Blu-ray disc, it will copy over fine. But I am unable to successfully open that copied file.
My media players will not open it (invalid file) and RipBot says "unable to locate object".
If I copy that same file from the disc using the same Blu-ray player under Windows XP, the resulting copy is fine. If I then move the file from the XP computer onto the W7 computer it opens fine.

I just can't copy a stream file using Windows 7.

My system is running Windows 7 64bit, RTM.

I have tried turning off Windows User Access control and running as Admin - but no luck.

I am using AnyDVD 6.5.8.7

Anybody have any ideas?

By the way, I have been using SlySoft's products for years and they are fantastic. This is the first bit or trouble I have ever had. Usually they just work!

To answer your question, yes, many have used AnyDVD-HD under Windows 7 and it works fine. So you should be able to get your setup to work too.

Problem - resolved!

Thanks for the link to the troubleshooting information. One of the suggestions was to create a logfile during the process. So, I did that and I saw my problem in the logfile.
I was running this on a new computer and I had activated AnyDVD, but not AnyDVD-HD - Doh! Dumb mistake.

Sure enough - it now works perfectly.

Thanks.

To answer your question, yes, many have used AnyDVD-HD under Windows 7 and it works fine. So you should be able to get your setup to work too.

I too have recently installed Windows 7 and have had no problems with my AnyDVD/HD installs. I do, however, get a funny message when I insert some Bluray discs, saying that AnyDVD is unable to copy it without the latest version. I just cancel that, go to rip to image, and it copies the disc just fine.

why not just update to the latest version then and stop getting the dialogue box

Back