• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Western Digital TV HD Media player-subtiltes

bassegutten

Hi,

I have recently purchased Western Digital TV HD Media Player. To show/play media files you have to store the files on a USB disk, connect this disk to the media player, the media player is connected to my TV using a HDMI cable. The WD media player supports the following media formats:

Video: AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, WMV9, VC-1), MPG/MPEG, VOB,
MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, WMV9, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T
(MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9

Picture: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG
Sound: MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG,
Dolby Digital, DTS
Playlist: PLS, M3U, WPL
Subtitle: SRT, ASS, SSA, SUB, SMI

I`ve used CloneDVD together with AnyDVD to rip my DVD`s to a USB disk. The WD player shows the videos all right, but NOT the subtitles. The player tells me that no subtitles are available (and they are, when I burn the movie to a DVD and play it in my DVD player the subtitles are present).

Does anybody know what I can do so that the WD player "accepts" the subtitles?

ISO files are not "officially" supported by the WD HDTV. I went back and forth with tech support about problems with subtitles and basically told me there was nothing they could do. The ISO files themselves played just fine but subtitles would freeze or disappear completely. This is not a problem with CloneDVD.

I also have a wdtv, you need to rip subtitles to a sub/idx file. Clonedvd will not do that (at least I don't think so) Clonedvd mobile might do this but I can't comfirm since I don't have that program, maybe someone who does can/will offer advice. (also I think instead of using iso format you'll need to convert to a mobile format such as .avi

I tried to rip ISO`s, this solved my problem! With ISO`s the subtitles were shown! Thanks for your tip!

Back