• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Vista x64, AnyDVD HD & PowerDVD = No Blu-Ray Playback

Principia

Hi All,

I have a Dell m1730 with dual GeForce 8800GTXs and have recently upgraded it to have 4GB of RAM, to take advantage of this I installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64. Dell does not have drivers for this OS so I installed the latest drivers using the modified INF from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com. I know the drivers aren't signed but they install and work as expected. I then installed AnyDVD HD 6.4.8.5 and PowerDVD PowerDVD 8 Ultra 2217.

Now however I cannot play any Blu-Ray movies; PowerDVD starts to play but then reports that it cannot continue because the video card drivers are not HDCP compliant. This may be but isn't AnyDVD HD supposed to remove this requirement? Has anyone seen this issue before? Is there any solution other than using Vista x86?

This isn't an AnyDVD HD issue. The problem is that PowerDVD is detecting your videocard drivers and they are considered incompatible. The blame here falls on CyberLink and Dell if they don't offer newer drivers.

AnyDVD HD decrypts the discs which removes the requirement for an HDCP compliant videocard and monitor however the fact that the software player is checking to see if the driver version is supported is not something that is AnyDVD HD's role to play. The solution is to update to videocard drivers that are considered supported & acceptable by the software.

I would suggest that you go to NVIDIA's website and download the latest drivers for your videocard and install them. Then try PowerDVD again. Using the official drivers which are the newest release should hopefully remove this problem.

Below are the videocard & driver requirements for PowerDVD8 Ultra:

NVIDIA: GeForce 7600 GT, GeForce 7800 GTX 512, GeForce 7900 GX2, GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7950 GX2, GeForce 8400 series, GeForce 8500 series, GeForce 8600 series, GeForce 8800 series Recommended driver version: 174.53 or later Video RAM: 256MB or above.

Last edited:
This isn't an AnyDVD HD issue. The problem is that PowerDVD is detecting your videocard drivers and they are not considered incompatible. The blame here falls on CyberLink and Dell if they don't offer newer drivers.

AnyDVD HD decrypts the discs which removes the requirement for an HDCP compliant videocard and monitor however the fact that the software player is checking to see if the driver version is supported is not something that is AnyDVD HD's role to play. The solution is to update to videocard drivers that are considered supported & acceptable by the software.

I would suggest that you go to NVIDIA's website and download the latest drivers for your videocard and install them. Then try PowerDVD again. Using the official drivers which are the newest release should hopefully remove this problem.

Below are the videocard & driver requirements for PowerDVD8 Ultra:

You are the man! The last release I tried didn't work, but the release from yesterday did. Thanks again!

Back