1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] US Amazon Prime account using VPN

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Andrew Uborka, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Andrew Uborka

Andrew Uborka Member

Hi,

I'm located in Australia. I've just set up a US amazon account and have subscribed to prime video on a 1 month trial. Using a VPN, I can watch movies via my browser. In Anystream, I am being redirected from primevideo.com to amazon.com. There is no way to download anything. The green download button at the top of the page is not there. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Flymo

Flymo Well-Known Member

AnyStream doesn't officially support VPNs but I would try selecting the United States from the AnyStream region settings for a start.

RedFox 1, DeepSpace and BRCS like this.
  3. Andrew Uborka

Andrew Uborka Member

Thanks, that worked

RedFox 1 and DeepSpace like this.
  4. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

That is something you always have to do when you want to use a different region.
    Change the region setting and restart AS.

RedFox 1 likes this.
  5. Tschens Brems

Tschens Brems Well-Known Member

Is a VPN needed in addition or is it enough to change the region in AS and restart?

RedFox 1 likes this.
  6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

It all depends try the region setting first, most VPNs are not supported, some are and most are not, and AS supports a proxy.

Tschens Brems likes this.
  7. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

As RF1 said, it might depend on the region. The setting in AS only results in it to load the proper site (like .com instead of .de), but if the provider detects that your IP is from another country, it might block you. Amz does for example. In that case, you need a VPN, but some are not able to get around this stupid restriction. I use Surfshark and it works for both Amz US and Amz jp, although I haven't used it much in the past few month.
    So it might be the best thing to use the free trial at first to see if your provider allows you to PAY for content/prime or not.
    Pay written big because I think that it is stupid that they don't allow me to literally throw money at them for content I like, but is not available in my country for some stupid license reason.

Tschens Brems likes this.