• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Upgraded to Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.2

EphMan

I previously had Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.5 installed, but wanted to upgrade to the newer 5.4.3.2 version that just came out. I had a couple questions regarding this new version.

1) I installed 5.4.3.2 directly over 5.4.2.5, and wanted to know if that was ok? Or should I have uninstalled 5.4.2.5 and then done a clean install of 5.4.3.2?

2) I unchecked "VCDDaemon.exe /s" from msconfig on my XP system to prevent it from running at startup. Does that only prevent the systray icon from loading? Or am I also losing some functionality from Virtual CloneDrive by doing this?

2) I unchecked "VCDDaemon.exe /s" from msconfig on my XP system to prevent it from running at startup. Does that only prevent the systray icon from loading? Or am I also losing some functionality from Virtual CloneDrive by doing this?
Yes, you should *NOT* remove "VCDDaemon.exe /s" from startup. You can disable the icon in VCD prefs if you don't want it.

Okay. I re-enabled VCDDaemon.exe in msconfig and rebooted the machine.

Was I ok with my first question though? Upgrading versions on top of a previously installed ver?

Was I ok with my first question though? Upgrading versions on top of a previously installed ver?

Yes, you can unless it is stated otherwise. I always do. I don't know if it matters anymore but I always make sure to unmount any mounted images before running the installer.

Okay great. Thanks for the speedy responses guys!

I'll ask another question here so I don't start another thread already. When I double-click an image, .iso let's say, it will mount properly and I'll get prompted with XP's AutoPlay. But when I double-click the image again (to unmount it) it'll unmount for a few seconds, and then remounts itself.

Is this a bug within the last two versions of CloneDrive? Or am I the only one experiencing this problem? I had to install Unlocker to be able to unload it from the virtual drive.

Okay great. Thanks for the speedy responses guys!

I'll ask another question here so I don't start another thread already. When I double-click an image, .iso let's say, it will mount properly and I'll get prompted with XP's AutoPlay. But when I double-click the image again (to unmount it) it'll unmount for a few seconds, and then remounts itself.

Is this a bug within the last two versions of CloneDrive? Or am I the only one experiencing this problem? I had to install Unlocker to be able to unload it from the virtual drive.

This isn't a bug because there is not a double-click unmount feature. By double-clicking you are actually mounting the image again which causes VCD to unmount the mounted image and then mount the image again. If you wish to unmount then do so using the VCD Unmount context menu.

Last edited:
Well now that I re-enabled VCDDaemon.exe to start w/ Windows XP I see an unmount option when I right-click on any image! So that's great.

I did read somewhere that double-clicking twice would unmount an image. If I can remember where I will contact the website to tell them they're quite wrong!

Thanks for the help guys. I love Virtual CloneDrive. I was using Daemon Tools for years prior but this is a lot easier and less resource-heavy.

Back