[Resolved] [Update to AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 beta or newer] True Grit

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by lays, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

No, you haven't. To do True Grit you need AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 or later. The newest beta is 6.8.0.10 and can be found at the top of the AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD sections.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. tbay76

tbay76 New Member

I'm sorry but as this is the first time I've ever been on this forum, it really IS hard to find.When I click on the AnyDvd icon at the top of the page I just go to the regular AnyDvd download.What am I missing? Thanks.

3. Mr. Burns

Mr. Burns Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard

Not exactly at the top of the page, but look to the left side of the main AnyDvd forum page, under NEW THREAD; Threads in Forum: AnyDvd; Thread/Thread Starter; and then you should see the first Sticky, which is:

Sticky: AnyDVD (HD) 6.8.0.10 beta
    James

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48351
    [Click me to go to the Sticky for the AnyDvd 6.8.0.10 beta]

All the new betas will appear as the first sticky of the forums. Each new release will appear there.

4. Camaro_ZL1

Camaro_ZL1 New Member

Not the same issue but, same DVD movie. was making a point as far as encryption attached to that specific movie. different than my point but nonetheless, appreciated assistance. attached in the info i provided was the fact that i also am using anydvdhd as well, with the same movie, hence the reason for my response to this thread since it was near the top & provided a mutual connection to my issue being the same specific movie & the hd version of software used.

some movies pay for stronger/newest encryption if they have the funding which would be movie specific of the circumstance rather than a low budget flick or a totally random and different dvd movie. So in short, my response was much more "the same" than you think. slow your roll bro.

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

A lot of people are reporting a problem with True Grit and saying they are running the latest version of AnyDVD. They are not.

People must be running AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 beta or newer. If you are using a version older than v6.8.0.8 beta then you must update AnyDVD.

Right now the newest release is v6.8.0.10 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48351.

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

No, it really wasn't. Comparing DVD vs Blu-Ray is simply not something you can do with protections since they differ so much between the two media types. Posting about a DVD issue in a Blu-Ray thread is not the way to go about posting a problem. Post in the appropriate forum rather than mudding the waters in someone else's thread.

7. tpalma

tpalma Well-Known Member

Successful Backup Of True Grit

Using Anydvd 6.8.0.10 Beta and using the Rip to harddrive function, i was able to backup with no problem, The Final Size of the video file is 6,173 mb
    Then i shrinked it to fit 4.7gb disk. here is my Logfile. :rock:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott New Member

[Resolved] True Grit

When I start CloneDVD2 then click on the DVD video files....it comes up with
    02 angle 1
    02 angle 2
    03 angle 3

CloneDVD Details: CloneMap 2 TCE:confused:

9. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

We DO mention looking in the Forum, BTW....

Get this beta version of AnyDVD, please

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48351

Install and reboot.

Tip: When you run across a new disc that won't work take a look first at the SlySoft AnyDVD forum for info.

Typically, you will see an item at or near the top of the Forum thread

Usually other users have reported the problem and a beta or a fix is available. Works most every time.

10. bravo48

bravo48 New Member

Successful Backup Of True Grit

I had no problems with backup of True Grit (2011), using 6.8.0.10
    :agree:

11. mi6

mi6 Member

[Resolved] True Grit DVD + Digital Copy Region 1 Issues

Hello,

I did read this post, http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48232, and I am not sure whether or not it included the issue I encountered with attempting to burn a copy of True Grit DVD + Digital Copy, Region 1.

From what I can tell AnyDVD produces a ISO without a glitch. However, when you burn a copy of the ISO using IMGBURN or CLONEDVD, the burnt disc doesn't play either on the DVD player or the laptop.

Since I did not see this specified in the afore-mentioned post, I thought I'd bring it to your attention. However, if this appears to be a duplicate post, please disregard and accept my apologies.

From what I understand, the new beta version should address this issue, am I correct?

THANKS!

12. JMarkell

JMarkell Member

I too am getting an error with True Grit using anydvd ripper.
    The error message looks like this:

X VobSet 9 2 1 0 158 0

13. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

What version of AnyDVD do you currently have installed?

14. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

Have you installed the latest 6.8.0.10 beta?
    Post an AnyDVD Logfile if you still have problems.

15. JMarkell

JMarkell Member

I cant seem to find this updated version. Im in the US and using windows xp with a standard dvd.

16. JMarkell

JMarkell Member

I installed the new version and am happily ripping it now, Thank You

17. mi6

mi6 Member

Hello Mike,

I am using AnyDVDHD version 6.8.0.0.

I haven't attempted to use 6.8.0.10, the latest beta version. Not sure, if that would help resolve the issue.

Using 6.8.0.0, I burnt a few coasters!

Also, I used IMGBURN to create and ISO file, and then burn the ISO image onto a DVD. Not sure, if that would create any issues. It sure hasn't in the past.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  18. zebadee

zebadee Well-Known Member

Hi :)
    Firstly try playing iso with media player .
    This may help identify problems .
    Secondly try the latest beta .
    You can always revert back .

19. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, it would.

20. mi6

mi6 Member

Thank you!

Awesome!

Thank you all for your recommendations and assistance.

Have a great weekend, or what's left of it :)!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.