[Resolved] [Update to AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 beta or newer] True Grit

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by lays, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lays

lays New Member

[Resolved] True Grit (2010) DVD R1 - New Protection AnyDVD can't rip

New protection on True Grit DVD, can't decrypt using AnyDVD v6.8.0.5

Methods tried: Rip to HDD, Rip to ISO then from ISO to HDD, no success

File: AnyDVD_6.8.0.5_Info_E_TRUE_GRIT.zip -- True DVD drive source
    File: AnyDVD_6.8.0.5_Info_F_TRUE_GRIT.zip -- ISO AnyDVD created and tried to rip from ISO, no success
    File: True_Grit_Error.jpg -- Error obtained from both attempts to rip to hdd

Attached Files:

2. theone21

theone21 Member

same problem here

we just going to have to wait and see what happens

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

There's already a True Grit thread - only 3 threads down.

They are aware of the issues.

-W

PS to Theone21:
    You don't HAVE a problem here unless you post your logfile.
    Without a logfile attached (like Lays did) you're just "background chatter".

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

Related maybe but not the same

Note that the other thread is with error PS18 - unexpected (false) CSS activity way too late on the disc.

This error is the famous VOB error which appears once in a while without logical cause. So if this customer is not getting PS18 then this is some other problem, most likely.

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, but from a different disc (R2, UK)

6. James

... but the protection seems to be basically the same. New AnyDVD version should fix this.

7. James

Frank, the PS18 error is a bug. It should never, ever happen. Maybe SlySoft should hire someone who actually can program. Or some day I'll learn it. :eek:

8. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

My fault - reading too fast.

Though it's still unclear as to once you say "there's an issue" - if starting new threads is helpful - or just to pile new and different logfiles on the original thread is easier for you?

-W

9. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

Yes, I know

James, I appreciate your humor. ;) I know this thing about PS18 and when this appeared suddenly last week I was a little suspicious.

And I know all too well from my previous blue life that fixing something brings a risk of affecting something else. All part of the business and we all put our pants on one leg at a time, after all 8)

10. James

Please try AnyDVD 6.8.0.7, it should work now:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48115

11. lays

lays New Member

AnyDVD 6.8.0.7 removed the protections and did not give any errors while decrypting; however, it does not rip the whole movie

When ripping to ISO, movie is 7.5 GB, but when ripping to HDD, it only comes out to 3.71 GB >> impossible for a 110 min movie
    There were no trailers, and menu was funky, no extras, no nothing
    Main movie VOBs ripped fine and has data/scenes, but all other VOB and IFOS were empty or 7KB files

Please see attached file: AnyDVD_6.8.0.7_Info_E_TRUE_GRIT.zip
    and please see the attached images, those are settings I am currently using on AnyDVD Video DVD panel

Problem: Does not rip movie to hdd properly, not all files were ripped/extracted properly

Attached Files:

12. boland

boland New Member

I'm having the same problem with The Fighter as well. Vob files missing when using main movie and with full movie the size is too big. These movies have only just come out on sale so I would imagine any new protection they have will be being worked on now by those who are up for the challenge.:)

13. daodao

daodao Member

hey i got the same VOB 9 158 before too, but after i got 6.8.0.7 beta it worked flawlessly , but Battle: Los Angeles did not work. sad..

14. Rodster

Rodster Well-Known Member

James you mean after all this time your still a beginner ;) lol. Must be old age creeping up on you or you need to be decrypted :) lmao

15. brian57

brian57 Member

Hi guys,

Having the same problems with True Grit.
    I can back up "movie only" but not the full disc with menu.
    The full disc backup just does not load at all

Log file is attached.

Also when running it through CloneDVD 2.9.3.0 it appears to change some video formats from PAL to NTSC !!
    I have attached two images.
    Image 1 is from the actual disc with AnyDVD running in the back ground.
    Image 2 is the files generated by CloneDVD

SORRY MODS CAN YOU MOVE THIS POST INTO THE TRUE GRIT R2 THREAD PLEASE

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  16. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

CloneDVD doesnt change video formats.

17. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

James - Well done that man :clap:

Was having the exact same problems that the guys were talking about regarding True Grit and The Fighter :bang:

Updated to the version you recommended and problem solved :bowdown:

Got to say I would have posted myself regarding the problems ( region 2 = UK ) but to be honest the attitude of some of your posters leaves a lot to be desired !!!!!

The lads that have asked for help have just been shot down and classed as numpties when all they wonted to do was ask for help.

So big up to you pal - well done and your help is very much appreciated pal :clap:

18. brian57

brian57 Member

OK, but what causes the video format changes detected by VobBlanker as shown in the two images I attached ?

19. James

Actually, AnyDVD does. But only if the titleset is bogus and will never be played anyway. Shouldn't cause any problems.

20. elcatano

elcatano Member

why cant i copy "true grit"/dvd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.