• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Unable to play mounted Blu-ray with PDVD 7.3 critical component

equallywrong

I opened up PDVD to watch Toddy Sweeney and was required to update software with a 'critical component'. I downloaded the component from CyberLink, rebooted the computer, and tried to play the movie. PDVD keeps displaying error message of 'critical component' required and asks me do I want to update. Of course, I say yes and it then tells me update complete. The only other time PDVD required me to update was on the initial install and first watch of a blu-ray.

Since I could not get PDVD to work I tried ArcSoft TotalMedia and apparently it doesn't support mounted Blu-ray ISOs.

I can post the PDVD critical component exe to somewhere, if needed. However, the update is 82.3MB size.

AnyDVD 6.5.4.0 running and enabled
VCD 5.4.2.5 enabled with 1 VCD (Todd Sweeney mounted)
Power DVD 7.3 build 5105 (February 2, 2009)
Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

TMT does, indeed, support mounted BD images both in TMT2 and TMT3.

I have no explanation as to why PowerDVD7 won't play this BluRay since it's been out for awhile. I don't see a reason why a new update should be necessary. It was released on BD on October 21, 2008.

The 7.3.5105 update you downloaded contains updates for playback of recent movies like Slumdog Millionaire and Marley & Me. Other than that, I believe the update breaks more than it helps. I am still running PowerDVD7 7.3.4617 which is the last update before I believe they just started completely ruining the software.

I posted links to the 5105 download in another thread earlier in the month. This update was the March/April update that all of the high definition software developers have released to handle the new BD discs.

I would recommend updating to the latest beta of Virtual CloneDrive, as well.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.8 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29061

I don't know how you are creating the ISO but I have long since switched to making images that contain all the original protections and let AnyDVD HD remove them at the time of mounting.

It sounds to me like there is a deeper issue but possibly a developer has an idea of what's going on. I don't own this BD so I can't check to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Last edited:
I am going to uninstall PDVD7 and reinstall. Also, I ripped the Blu-ray with AnyDVD but keep the encryption. I was aware that AnyDVD would need to running when playing the movie.

Hopely, I only have a bad install and AnyDVD and VCD are working properly. I will write back shortly.

Uninstalled and reinstalled PDVD 7.3 and patched with 5105. Same results as before.

I think I am going to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate but this time use 32-bit instead of 64-bit.

I will post my results once I do.

I solved my problem. Either I did not install my AnyDVD HD key or it was overwritten by an update. Either way playback of mounted Blu-ray ISOs are working again.

Last edited:
I solved my problem. Either I did not install my AnyDVD HD key or it was overwritten by an update. Either way playback of mounted Blu-ray ISOs are working again.

It was more probable that you didn't install the AnyDVD HD key. Updates don't wipe out an installed registration. Nonetheless, I'm happy you resolved the problem.

Back