• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] The Dark Knight & DVD Shrink problems

...I haven't tried ripping yet, I came here first to see what problems had been reported...

I do have a question, why is it you're not supposed to use dvd shrink to rip to iso image?

I don't have Nero, so shrink won't rip directly to disc, I usually rip to iso and then burn the image to dvd. I haven't had any problem before with this method, I'm just wondering why this is NOT something I need to do?

Thanks!

You have it wrong - you're not supposed to use the AnyDVD ripper to rip to ISO. You can rip to ISO with Shrink or anything else.

That said, Nero does not require an ISO - it'll burn regular movie folders to a DVD as well.

-W

Last edited:
You have it wrong - you're not supposed to use the AnyDVD ripper to rip to ISO. You can rip to ISO with Shrink or anything else.

That said, Nero does not require an ISO - it'll burn regular movie folders to a DVD as well.

-W

Thanks, I misread the meaning.

BTW, I'm burning to ISO because I DON'T have Nero just to clarify. All I've got is the crappy roxio creator that came free with the computer, so that's why I'm sending it to an iso first.

Thanks!

Thanks, I misread the meaning.

BTW, I'm burning to ISO because I DON'T have Nero just to clarify. All I've got is the crappy roxio creator that came free with the computer, so that's why I'm sending it to an iso first.

Thanks!

Take a long hard look at step 3 from my previous reply in this thread. After doing step 3, create an .iso from those ripped files, if you want. Do not use Anydvd to rip to .iso; and do not use other programs to rip to .iso with Anydvd running in the background (other than Clonedvd).

Last edited:
*Looks up at the thread title* I was sure I moved those original posts to a separate thread with that title for a reason... Now why was that again?

Take a long hard look at step 3 from my previous reply in this thread. After doing step 3, create an .iso from those ripped files, if you want. Do not use Anydvd to rip to .iso; and do not use other programs to rip to .iso with Anydvd running in the background.

We're just not hearing each other correctly, I don't use anydvd to rip to ISO, I use anydvd to decrpyt, then use dvd shrink to rip to iso. Not that it matters, I think this thread is rather pointless anyway! I'm not having any problems, just chatting!

We're just not hearing each other correctly, I don't use anydvd to rip to ISO, I use anydvd to decrpyt

To clarify, you should not use the original disc with Shrink with Anydvd running in the background. You should use "rip video dvd to harddisk" first. And then you import that rip into Shrink.

Last edited:
You should not use the original disc with Shrink with Anydvd running in the background. You should use "rip video dvd to harddisk" first. And then you import that rip into Shrink.

And then you tell Shrink to output an ISO.

1. Never have AnyDVD output to ISO with an SD-DVD.
2. Never process a disk with structural protections with Shrink until after you rip it with the AnyDVD ripper.

How many different ways can I (we) say it??

-W

And then you tell Shrink to output an ISO.

1. Never have AnyDVD output to ISO with an SD-DVD.
2. Never process a disk with structural protections with Shrink until after you rip it with the AnyDVD ripper.

How many different ways can I (we) say it??

-W

I've given up counting...

If only there were stickies that covered the proper procedure . . .

Oh wait

ANYDVD Not ripping Dark Knight

ok i"m not a newbe at this but i have to admit i am stumped myself. I do have my favorit pg's to use anydvd being one of them but i can not get it to rip to the hd. Here is some info if anyone has any idea's.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.6)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7530A EX32 NOV13,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2035760 sectors (3976 MBytes)
Total size: 4069104 sectors (7947 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_DARK_NIGHT
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

ok i"m not a newbe at this but i have to admit i am stumped myself. I do have my favorit pg's to use anydvd being one of them but i can not get it to rip to the hd. Here is some info if anyone has any idea's.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.6)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7530A EX32 NOV13,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2035760 sectors (3976 MBytes)
Total size: 4069104 sectors (7947 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_DARK_NIGHT
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Your version of AnyDVD is old and was released before this movie. Update to AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25081. Try again. If you are using CloneDVD and creating a full-disc backup that is compressed to a single layer DVD then you will have to uncheck one of the unnecessary audio streams. The movie has English, French, and Spanish audio streams. Simply uncheck the ones you do not need. This is an issue that only impacts CloneDVD.

Last edited:
Back