• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] The Dark Knight & DVD Shrink problems

lesscan

I first tried to open Dark Knight with Shrink and it would not read it properly or completely. I then used Any DVD ripper. Any DVD ripper did rip it to my hard drive but when I tried to open it with Shrink the results were identical.

I would like to do this without having to buy Clone.

So my question is 2 fold...will SlySoft update Any DVD to handle this movie? OR does anyone have any other suggestions how to manage this movie?

Make sure you *don't* rip to .iso

This title is one of the ones that "the rules" are there for.

Rule 1 is that the AnyDVD "rip to ISO" function is there mostly for AnyDVD-HD users. Don't use the AnyDVD ripper to rip to ISO with SD-DVD's.

Rule 2 is to always use the AnyDVD ripper first if the AnyDVD status window reports that it found and removed structural copy protections. I turn that window on by default so I know what I'm up agaist after a scan.
You can import the AnyDVD rip into Shrink and get proper results - always.

#3 here is more of a suggestion: This movie is BIG and quite frankly there is nothing else on the DVD that really needs keeping - no bonus features. So if you're compressing it to a DVD-5, I'd recommend re-authoring for JUST the main movie and then keeping only the audio stream you want. Even then you still need to reduce it to 70%. That's lot of loss. I did it twice with all the bells turned on in Shrink. I took it to 85% and then re-imported it and took it down to size. This looked better than a straight drop to 70% even though it took twice as long. Then burn it with Nero or CloneDVD or whatever you normally use to burn your finished output with.

What I'm trying to say is this is one title where following the rules and putting in a little extra effort pays off to get a decent quality backup on a DVD-5

-W

Last edited:
I first tried to open Dark Knight with Shrink and it would not read it properly or completely. I then used Any DVD ripper. Any DVD ripper did rip it to my hard drive but when I tried to open it with Shrink the results were identical.

I would like to do this without having to buy Clone.

So my question is 2 fold...will SlySoft update Any DVD to handle this movie? OR does anyone have any other suggestions how to manage this movie?

There is no problem importing the AnyDVD ripper rip into DVD Shrink. Your statement that "...it would not read it properly or completely." is more than a little vague. Would you care to elaborate?

Im not sure how i can be more "unvague"....

When i put it in my dvd rom and tried to read it with shrink it would not copy correctly or completely.

It would start scrambled and then stop and say it was an invalid dvd structure.

When i ripped to HD and then opened with Shrink...I got the same thing!

Any more clear?

Im not sure how i can be more "unvague"....

When i put it in my dvd rom and tried to read it with shrink it would not copy correctly or completely.

It would start scrambled and then stop and say it was an invalid dvd structure.

When i ripped to HD and then opened with Shrink...I got the same thing!

Any more clear?

Well, I can tell you this. Something is wrong.

I have no idea what version of AnyDVD you are using. You should be using AnyDVD 6.4.9.0. You haven't mentioned what release of The Dark Knight you are dealing with. You haven't mentioned the region.

It's impossible to help you based upon what you provided. The AnyDVD ripper handles this disc perfectly fine and it can be imported into DVD Shrink without an error. I actually compressed the entire disc to a DVD5 without any issues with an invalid DVD structure.

Refer here:

1. Helping us helping you...: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11490
  2. Have problems? Then please answer these questions before posting!: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321
  3. Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST!): http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091

Having read through those you will find suggestions and hints on how to prevent problems from occurring and what to do if one does occur.

One of the most important and fundamental things to do is post AnyDVD log files. If there is an error message then post the exact error message.

Plese post your AnyDVD log files:

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Last edited:
these disks have a new encryption

Yes and no....

1. Rip with anydvd by right clicking on the fox icon in your system tray on the lower right hand of the PC. When that says done go to step #2.

2. Open DVD Shrink and process the files from the hard drive and put a blank DVD in your drive then hit copy. Do not use rip to ISO.

Doing this you should be all set.

I used AnyDVD 6.4.9.0 and Shrink and had no problem with that movie. I did NOT use AnyDVD to rip. You might have a bad copy.

:bang:
I couldn't copy Dark Knight with Anydvd, but I had no problem when I used Clone Dvd. :bowdown:

:bang:
I couldn't copy Dark Knight with Anydvd

Then you did something wrong. Take a long hard look at step 3.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.9.0: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6490.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.2.0: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2920.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

NO The Dark Knight Issue w/clone DVD

Hey guys
I tried shrink DVD to no avail ... I then treid Clone DVD and it worked like a charm!
I had no coasters, I don't understand why so many people are having any issues!

Any way good luck and merry xmas
b

Hey guys
I tried shrink DVD to no avail ... I then treid Clone DVD and it worked like a charm!
I had no coasters, I don't understand why so many people are having any issues!

Any way good luck and merry xmas
b

Shrink DVD is a bogus program. DVDShrink 3.2 is the legit software.
And DVDShrink 3.2 works fine with AnyDVD and The Dark Knight

-W

opssss

i see i had to be more precise, i tried shrink dvd 3.2 .. to no avail! then tried clone dvd "current version" (i'm sure someone will correct me) it worked great with no problems or issues

I had no problem ripping this movie with the latest version of anydvd and clonedvd.

i see i had to be more precise, i tried shrink dvd 3.2 .. to no avail!

It's not about being precise.. but with so many programs and copycats out there, it's imperative you say exactly what you mean to say or no one can help you - if they even bother to take the time to try to dicipher your intent.

Now look above.... you still tell us you're using shrink dvd 3.2 as opposed to DVDShrink 3.2 - even after the correction. <sigh>

-W

Last edited:
I ripped it using anydvd then used nero to burn and it took longer but it was flawless

...I haven't tried ripping yet, I came here first to see what problems had been reported...

I do have a question, why is it you're not supposed to use dvd shrink to rip to iso image?

I don't have Nero, so shrink won't rip directly to disc, I usually rip to iso and then burn the image to dvd. I haven't had any problem before with this method, I'm just wondering why this is NOT something I need to do?

Thanks!

Back