• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\cdrbsdrv.SYS has been blocked from loading

w3tno

I seem to have this problem too, and as far as I know I am not using B Recorder's Gold on my system. Of course perhaps some other application has silently installed portions of B Recorder's Gold. For background purposes, I have recently switched from 32-bit Win XP to a 64-bit Vista system, and I am using Clone DVD2 and AnyDVD.

How do I determine which application installed cdrbsdrv.SYS on my system?

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\cdrbsdrv.SYS has been blocked from loading

Please do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you wish to assist them. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4, and read fully. Thank you

I seem to have this problem too, and as far as I know I am not using B Recorder's Gold on my system. Of course perhaps some other application has silently installed portions of B Recorder's Gold. For background purposes, I have recently switched from 32-bit Win XP to a 64-bit Vista system, and I am using Clone DVD2 and AnyDVD.

How do I determine which application installed cdrbsdrv.SYS on my system?

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: click http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

Ok, I followed your instructions and here's my Filter Driver Load Order
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: cdrbsdrv
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.7.6
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.7.6
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: cdrbsdrv
File Name: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys
File Version: 8. 0. 0. 5 [8.0.0.5]
File Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
Product Name: B's Recorder GOLD
Product Version: 8. 0. 0. 5 [8.0.0.5]
Company Name: B.H.A Corporation
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2006 B.H.A Corporation

----- End of Filter Drive Order -----

Despite what appears above, I did not knowingly load B's Recorder GOLD on my system. I purchased my system from Dell at the beginning of this month, and it did come preloaded with Roxio Creator DE.

Any comments or advice will be gratefully received.

Despite what appears above, I did not knowingly load B's Recorder GOLD on my system. I purchased my system from Dell at the beginning of this month, and it did come preloaded with Roxio Creator DE.

Remove the filter:

1. Create a backup of your registry
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "cdrbsdrv". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed that filters will no longer work properly.

As for discovering which application installed the filter, I have no idea. If it wasn't B's Recorder Gold then I have no clue since that is the only software I've seen that does install that filter. Doing a quick web search I found a post dating back to June 2007 when a person who purchased a Dell PC was having a problem with this filter. Dell has been installing some application that uses the filter for over a year.

Last edited:
Filter Name: cdrbsdrv
File Name: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys
File Version: 8. 0. 0. 5 [8.0.0.5]
File Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
Product Name: B's Recorder GOLD
Product Version: 8. 0. 0. 5 [8.0.0.5]
Company Name: B.H.A Corporation
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2006 B.H.A Corporation

----- End of Filter Drive Order -----

It's possible that Dell pre-loaded it at some point (and perhaps you removed it, but the uninstaller program didn't fully remove it). The information provided there is typically pretty accurate (unless Roxio is licensing that driver from B.H.A. Corporation).

Last edited:
Thanks to your instructions I was able to remove the reference to cdrbsdrv from the LowerFilters entry. After a reboot, ImgBurn no longer lists cdrbsdrv as a Lower Filter. However, at boot time I am still getting an error in the Event Viewer about cdrbsdrv.SYS "has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system." A scan of the registry with Regedit finds yet one more hit. It shows C:\Windows\system32Drivers\CDRBSDRV.SYS as an entry in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs.

I could delete this entry, but I haven't worked enough with the registry to know how dangerous this might by for my system's health. Any suggestions?

Thanks to your instructions I was able to remove the reference to cdrbsdrv from the LowerFilters entry. After a reboot, ImgBurn no longer lists cdrbsdrv as a Lower Filter. However, at boot time I am still getting an error in the Event Viewer about cdrbsdrv.SYS "has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system." A scan of the registry with Regedit finds yet one more hit. It shows C:\Windows\system32Drivers\CDRBSDRV.SYS as an entry in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs.

I could delete this entry, but I haven't worked enough with the registry to know how dangerous this might by for my system's health. Any suggestions?

1. Backup your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

2. Delete that entry. Save. Reboot

Problem solved

After following your suggestion that I remove the reference to cdrbsdrv.SYS from the registry, I found that I was still getting an error event in the Event Viewer referring to cdrbsdrv.SYS. But a quick search of the registry showed that all references to cdrbsdrv in the registry were no longer present. I then installed and used Sysintenals' Autoruns to scan for a reference to this file. This dandy program found one dll reference to cdrbsdrv.SYS, and I used Autoruns to remove this reference. After a computer restart the above mentioned error notice in the Event Viewer was not generated.

Although I have not yet tested the programs which use my CD/DVD reader and writers, I believe the problem has been solved.

I thank you for your support.

cdrbsdrv.sys Solution

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an old post, but I too have ran into this problem on a new Windows 7 64bit machine. From the research I've done on it the file above is a part of a codec file. B Recorder by BHA. I have no such program on my machine at all. My computer as of late is crashing once in awhile because of this file. Its not compatible with Windows 7.

Read your posts on how to remove it. Did that so its gone! Thank you for that!

I just wanted to take it one step further....how did this file get on my new machine anyways????

Well after much, much digging on the web, I came across (just once) that it might or maybe part of your Panasonic HD Camcorder Software called 'HD Writer'.

I can confirm (at least in my case) that prior to deleting the file in image burn, my camcorder software worked perfectly. After deleting the software file in image burn, now when I open my camcorder software it says I need to reinstall the 'HD Writer Program' because some files are missing.

So to all of you if have 'HD Writer' on your computer thats where your B recorder file was installed by and attached to.

Cheers,

Foxhammer

Back