• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] subtitles questions...

Squeeker The Cat

so in the movies davinci code, and angels & demons, when watching the movie they have just subtitles when people are speaking french. i have tried about 6 different times to make this. 1 disk i get all subtitles all movie long, another disk i get no subtitles at all LOL

how do i make a copy IN ENGLISH with english subtitles when they are speaking french?

what do i checkmark? im driving myself crazy here hahahahaha

:bowdown: webslinger LOL i know your out there.........:bowdown:

Check preserve menus and include all subtitles on backup.

Problem solved

ok gonna do it now.........BUT we are sure that wont give me constant subtitles? just subtitles when french is spoken?

It should only be constant if you select subtitles through the disc menu.

By the way, you can use your dvd player's remote control to cycle through the various subtitle options (or turn them off).

ok I checked preserve menus in the pic below what do i need to check/uncheck? leave it as is? check all the subtitles?
languages? sorry for dumb question, i have made 5 coasters today as is with this LOL so i want to get it right so i can remember to do it next time!!

clonedvd44.jpg

Check "English"--both under audio languages and subtitle languages.

You don't need the French audio stream by the way--unless you want it.

Last edited:
If you are making coasters then you simply need to stop what you are doing and think for a minute. :) Rip to your HDD when testing. Playback the DVD from your HDD and see the results. Once you are satisfied with the results then and only then do you burn to a blank DVD.

If you are making coasters then you simply need to stop what you are doing and think for a minute. :) Rip to your HDD when testing. Playback the DVD from your HDD and see the results. Once you are satisfied with the results then and only then do you burn to a blank DVD.

by coasters i was meaning i was not getting the subtitles i wanted on disk, so i called them coasters cause i was trying to find the right mixture of things...not really dead disk coasters...bad choice of word i guess.

OK

i checked audio English, subtitle English, and audio stream English. also checked preserve menus.

still a no go. the movie is a perfect copy, English people are speaking English, french are speaking french, BUT i still have no English subtitles when french people are speaking french like on the original disk.

any other ideas?

Hmmm . . .

In your screenshot, under subtitles on the left there's three subtitles listed. Two of them are French. Try checking all three: English, French, and French. I've got a feeling that second French entry is improperly labelled and that it's the one you need.

Also, what Drinklyeanddie is saying is to rip your output to your hard drive (select "dvd files" on Clonedvd's output screen), and then select the "video_ts.ifo" that your ripped as the source file for playback.

If that plays fine, then go ahead and burn.

That's saves you from wasting blank media.

ok i did the

rip your output to your hard drive (select "dvd files" on Clonedvd's output screen), and then select the "video_ts.ifo"

now i have a folder that inside has 2 sub folders...audio_ts, and video_ts. how do i play the movie so see if im good?

audio_ts is empty and video_ts has 9 files in it.....

ok i did the

now i have a folder that inside has 2 sub folders...audio_ts, and video_ts. how do i play the movie so see if im good?

audio_ts is empty and video_ts has 9 files in it.....

If you use PowerDVD, TotalMedia Theatre or WinDVD you can simply select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and open it with the player. Windows Media Player is a pain for this, IMHO. Open WMP and from the top toolbar select File, Open, navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder for the ripped DVD on your HDD, select and highlight the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, and then click Open. Playback will begin.

If you use PowerDVD, TotalMedia Theatre or WinDVD you can simply select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and open it with the player. Windows Media Player is a pain for this, IMHO. Open WMP and from the top toolbar select File, Open, navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder for the ripped DVD on your HDD, select and highlight the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, and then click Open. Playback will begin.

WONDERFUL!!!! i did not know that.....thanks a lot DrinkLyeAndDie

and thanks to you too webslinger....i checked all 3 subtitles........and with DrinkLyeAndDie's suggestion im watching it now on WMP and its exactly what i have been wanting all day!!

merry christmas to you two!! and thank you very much!

WONDERFUL!!!! i did not know that.....thanks a lot DrinkLyeAndDie

and thanks to you too webslinger....i checked all 3 subtitles........and with DrinkLyeAndDie's suggestion im watching it now on WMP and its exactly what i have been wanting all day!!

merry christmas to you two!! and thank you very much!

I'm glad you got it working. Have a great Holiday Season. :)

Back