• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved]Stomp the Yard/Spiderman 3 R2 doesn't work!

mnbf9rca

Most other DVDs don't. Today I got Stomp the Yard and Spiderman 3, neither work. they're regular DVDs, not blue-ray. For Spiderman 3 it rips but when I play it the video has coloured bands across it. Stomp the Yard won't rip, it responds with:
---------------------------
AnyDVD Ripper
FileIO 3 VTS_02_1.VOB 3283030016 282624
OK

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_STOMP_THE_YARD.zip
    515.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_Spider-Man 3.zip
    656 KB · Views: 2
A FileIO 3 error is a read error. A badly pressed disc, a damaged disc, a problematic filter installed, a dying drive, a bad HDD cable, and some SATA drivers can cause read errors.

From the Stomp the Yard logs:

Added cell VTS 10, PGC 2, Cell 2
Highest steps: 95
Highest total steps: 3200
Highest Button depth: 29
Total count: 95
Total cell count: 60
read sectors failed, sense 5:64:0
tries 2 retry 3474936 to 3474937
tries 1 retry 3474936 to 3474937
tries 0 retry 3474936 to 3474937
read error 3474936 to 3474937, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 144839, absoluteSector 3474936

Read error. That's not the only spot, either. There are many read errors.

I see no read errors with Spiderman 3 but that doesn't mean the disc can't be bad. It could be borderline.

I do see something in both log files that you should fix, however. Open your AnyDVD settings and uncheck the box for Video DVD > CSS Keys > Use CSS Key Archive setting. This is not checked by default. If for whatever reason the keys are obtained wrongly then everytime you put the disc in the drive after that AnyDVD uses the archived keys which are incorrect.

thanks - I tried cleaning the disks, they appear ok but not perfect. i'll put some more elbow grease in to it and give it another go tomorrow.

rob

thanks - I tried cleaning the disks, they appear ok but not perfect. i'll put some more elbow grease in to it and give it another go tomorrow.

rob

If the disc was flawed when it was produced then you won't be able to fix it. You might try doing as I instructed about the CSS Key Archive and try using a different DVD drive if you have another to see if it gives the same results. Some drives are more tolerant than others when it comes to flaws.

i cleaned the disks and turned off CSS archiving. now they both work - Stomp the Yard from cleaning + Spiderman from CSS.

Thanks for your help.

Back