• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] soly soft remove my DVD driver-and creat cod 39 error on my pc

runhigh

I using the free trial version, for some reason-I need to redo my PC-and I'm using Ghost image to my computer.

I start to clean and delete any out side program-including all the dvdclones. Guess What.... I couldn't use mt DVD driver any more.
I got error: code 39 on my Device Manager info.

Because I'm using ghost image I start again, and delete one thing at the time-to see who is damaged my DVD. After a few time and a few hours- I figure out that that is the AnyDVD program. I'm using a good program to do search file and folder on my computer- so its can find any trace of program I'm looking for. As soon I delete the Anydvd-thats its..... its gone . I'm think AnyDVD sit on my DVD driver.

To make sure I was right-I went to old PC that I have, install the AnyDVD and remove it.....And the same things- nothing left from my DVD driver and the icon on my computer.....I back my PC using my Ghost and all back to normal -before I installed the AnyDVD.

So Ii guess there is something to worry on those programs.... the program its self work great and do amazing job. But.....I don't like my DVD driver get damaged

SolySoft-AnyDVD remove my DVD driver-and created code 39 error on my pc

I using the free trial version, for some reason- I need to redo my PC,
I'm using Ghost image to my computer.

I start to clean and delete any out side program-including all the dvdclones. Guess What.... I couldn't use mt DVD driver any more.
I got error: code 39 on my Device Manager info.

Because I'm using ghost image I start again, and delete one thing at
the time-to see who is damaged my DVD. After a few time and a few hours-I figure out that that is the AnyDVD program. I'm using a good program to do
search file and folder on my computer- so its can find any trace of program I'm looking for. As soon I delete the Anydvd-thats its..... its gone . I'm think AnyDVD sit on my DVD driver.

To make sure I was right-I went to old PC that I have, install the AnyDVD and remove it.....And the same things- nothing left from my DVD driver and the icon on my computer.....I back my PC using my Ghost and all back to normal -before I installed the AnyDVD.

So I guess there is something to worry on those programs.... the program its self
work great and do amazing job. But.....I don't like my DVD driver get damaged

I find it odd that this is happening on both your systems. I've never had this issue. It's possible this is related to what you have currently installed on both of your systems.

I suggest two things:

For Item A it doesn't matter if AnyDVD is installed or not when this is done. For Item B, obviously, the Code 39 error will only exist when AnyDVD is installed so to follow those directions you need to reinstall AnyDVD.

I dont need Image backup-I have one-thats not the issue

I'm using Norton Ghost Dos and its great, the AnyDVD work ok, its just after I decided to cleanup my computer, and I saw what happened, and going to complete different computer-and its happened there,,, thats somethings else, you see -when I remove a program from my computer-I don't just go to "add remove program" control panel. I do folder and search- to remove every things else -so much file left on computer when you only remove the program as is. To do A better job of find file and folder -I'm using-"Agent Ransack" that find more file then your regular file and folder search. the file that cos to damage the DVD was: windows/driver/anydvd........So i don't think by removing AnyDVD driver-should crossover my DVD driver and remove it from my ps -or cos damaged.

I'm using Norton Ghost Dos and its great, the AnyDVD work ok, its just after I decided to cleanup my computer, and I saw what happened, and going to complete different computer-and its happened there,,, thats somethings else, you see -when I remove a program from my computer-I don't just go to "add remove program" control panel. I do folder and search- to remove every things else -so much file left on computer when you only remove the program as is. To do A better job of find file and folder -I'm using-"Agent Ransack" that find more file then your regular file and folder search. the file that cos to damage the DVD was: windows/driver/anydvd........So i don't think by removing AnyDVD driver-should crossover my DVD driver and remove it from my ps -or cos damaged.

Your writing is a little difficult to understand so forgive me if I ask some questions.

What exact file are you referring to in the "windows/driver/anydvd" statement? If you mean AnyDVD.sys, the file is removed when you uninstall AnyDVD from Add/Remove or Programs and Features and should be located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory.

I'd also like to see the information I requested in my previous post.

let me explain..

1.I removed All the programs of slysoft: anydvd,clonedvd2,clonedvdmobile.
2. After I remove program from my computer-I do it to all program-I search via file and folder finder-to see if any file left on my computer, Most of the time I remove third party program something left on the computer. For that I used a good program that find more then the regular microsoft -search find file folder.
3. I searched for "Anydvd" and founda few files, I did the same to the clonedvd2.
4. When I restart my computer I got that error indicated a problem on my DVD drive-code 39.
5. I searched on google-and find that I need to download the driver.
6. I coudnt find any driver on line for my HP laptop for the driver.
7. I'm using Norton Ghost dos program-to back up my OS system. I found one backup that I saved -before i download the DVD programs.
8. My PC work fine. So I start clean again-step by step, and pay attention to my DVD drive.
9.As soon I start remove the other files I found on my computer-it happened again.
10. I went to other old pc I have, that i try things-and did the whole things-download and remove- and nothing left from my cd-dvd drive.
11. I'm not sure what was the file exactly, but it was related to Anydvd-system 32-drive- maybe it was what you said before.
12. Those are the facts on my case.
13 I didn't understand what you want me to do- with that program of copy some image.

My pc is clean now

I don't have bad drive or other program from Anydvd and Clonedvd, I cleaned my PC -and its running great. SO if i send a copy of my drivers-they all Ok .

I guess the only things to do is-downloaded againg and do it all over again,,,,,,

If you just use the uninstall program you won't have a leftover AnyDVD driver. If you aren't using the uninstall program or something is preventing the driver from being removed when you run uninstaller then it might not be removed until you reboot. If, on the other hand, you are not just using the normal uninstall procedure and instead doing a manual removal then you're just making things way too complex and if this is your normal practice with software then this, itself, can lead to problems.

What I want you to do is follow my directions that I already posted. The directions are very simple and follow them in the order they are written. If you don't follow them then, frankly, I can't help you at all. You're giving me not enough information to work with and you aren't doing as I ask.

For Item A it doesn't matter if AnyDVD is installed or not when this is done. For Item B, obviously, the Code 39 error exists when AnyDVD is installed so to follow those directions you need to reinstall AnyDVD and cause the error to occur again.

I will try to reinstall it again.

1. Can I reinstall the program on other hard drive that I have- I have other partition. Or maybe its can install on external hard drive -or flash drive memory stick.???

2. On A, to send the log report thet created-after running it ,the way you asked? If so? Here is the report.

I 21:05:07 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!
I 21:05:07 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 21:05:07 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,084 KB - Available: 1,398,448 KB
I 21:05:07 Initialising SPTI...
I 21:05:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 21:05:07 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I called HP customer suport for that isue. On the code 39-It say reinstal the driver- DVD don't have a driver.....
so we went to the regedit--- HYKY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- System--CurrentControlSet---Control---Class---and in the folder of the DVD there were two things need to delete- Upper filters and Lower fillters .

It didn't disappear. just got code 39

The drive only able to act to a boot DOS disk- but not to play music and other functions. and have the code 39 display.
I didn't try to uninstall-
I just went back to my copy image of my OS system-using Norton Ghost Dos- the only things I ever use to help my PC. I don't use any PC today with out that Ghost image system-its a million dollar saver.....

I would try like it said.

device manager - uninstall your drive, then scan for hardware changes.

like you said you can always dump the image back.

Also if you go into device manager what does it list your drive as?

Last edited:
Reply #10 wasn't for DrinkLyeAndDie

Someone asked me a Q.

runhigh, please read my instructions again. The log you posted is not what my instructions are asking you to post. I want you to follow the directions and post the upper & lower filters which you can get using ImgBurn when you follow my directions exactly as I wrote them. I need to see what filters are present.

Indiscriminately deleting filters or simply deleting the entire upper/lower filter stack can cause any and all programs that require a filter to be installed to stop working, period. I want to see the filter stack and see if any specific filters are bad ones rather than being overzealous like HP support was. What they did was take the lazy approach.

If you did delete the upper & lower filters in the registry and not reinstall anything then posting the filters shouldn't show much of anything but then again maybe it will. It would be interesting to see what happens with a clean filter stack if you installed AnyDVD.

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie,,hi

I followed what you asked me to do--I just don't know where that file with the report went- under what name or folder its belong. can't find where the copy of the clipboard located:

I can write the report here:

Filter type Filter Driver Name

upper devices filter redbook
upper class filter (None Found)

Device CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower classs filter (None found)
Lower devices filter imapi

This is after I remove those filter from my regedit. I can go back and bring my computer to the stage before of that change- cos I'm using the ghost-Its save all the OS as is with all the setting like before. I always keep saved a few last copy's of my old images. So I can go back and look at the differents. I hope you ment to the report that called " Filter Driver load order- I can make a picture of that table -via print screen-and post it here.

thanks again.

The filter drivers in the old PC

I back up my PC to the older stage,and here the new-older report:

Filter type Filter Driver Name

Upper Device filter Redbook
Upper class filter GEARAspiWDM

Device CD/DVD-ROM device

Lower Class filter PxHelp20
Lower Device Filter imapi

I don't know how to send Image here- but I also took Print screen of my Regedit HYKY..... I can probably email it to regular email if its will help.

Your filters are definitely clean now. If you system is still that clean what happens if you install AnyDVD? Does it still cause a Code 39 error for the optical drive?

For what report your reply.?

I send to reports: the first was after I clean mt regedit-HYKY.
the next one was was after I back the PC to stage before mess up with my registry. So in both situation you think its clean ????

i will try install the program later and see what happened, I;m glad I'm using that ghost image..... its great to work with, and its a PC life saver...

To: DrinkLyeAndDie

I still need to know if I can download anydvd to: any hard drive or other partition or on memory stick flash drive?

Thanks

Back