• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] so many movies grayed out/unavailable on HULU

Harmon Michaels

Any idea what's going on? I have a basic account (6.99 per month - with ads) but it wasn't like this at first. Seems like I had access to most movies and then - BOING! - it just stopped.

That was the case for me in previous versions but they seem to be showing up now, have you validated your email? Maybe that has something to do with it.

That was the case for me in previous versions but they seem to be showing up now, have you validated your email? Maybe that has something to do with it.

I did that when I opened the account (which was a pretty good while back, actually) - and I had access to most movies initially.

It could depend on how Hulu is offering a specific movie. Since they have add ons like Showtime and other stuff certain movies may not be accessible. I'm not saying for sure that's what it is, but it could be contributing. Without a log or a list of movies, kind of hard to tell.

Not happening on my end...As stated above, earlier versions of AS had a problem with this, but since they fixed it I have not seen the problem come back.

I have a 2.99 a month Hulu special and I access everything, at least everything I have tried, also NF, I have a 4.99 a month special for 6 months, and I can add Disney for another 2.99 a month, I pay the full boat on HBOMax and Amazon Prime. Nothing is greyed out at all.

This is how modern companies make profit now. They offer you less than you had before and charge more for it. Ever since Hulu made that change to a "Live TV" level of service they took away many selections you have before that are now only available with the new tier of service.

I have a 2.99 a month Hulu special and I access everything, at least everything I have tried, also NF, I have a 4.99 a month special for 6 months, and I can add Disney for another 2.99 a month, I pay the full boat on HBOMax and Amazon Prime. Nothing is greyed out at all.
Someone posted about IMDB on AP but the post is locked. I put my AP account on pause so I do not pay anything but I can still download from IMDB for free when logged into my account. That person could do the same thing!

<<This is how modern companies make profit now. They offer you less than you had before and charge more for it. Ever since Hulu made that change to a "Live TV" level of service they took away many selections you have before that are now only available with the new tier of service.>>

I believe this is correct. Some titles are only available with the very expensive Hulu Live option (either temporarily or permanently).

Attachments

• 0 Hulu Not Available with Your Subscription .png
    0 Hulu Not Available with Your Subscription .png
    138.7 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.3.3.0.astlog
    285.2 KB · Views: 0

I have the 6.99 plan. Using my laptop at home or my desktop at work I can watch anything on HULU. But using AnyStream, almost all movies remain grayed out with the message "not available under your subscription plan" which makes no sense whatsoever considering I CAN watch those same movies on other devices using the exact same account. In other words, I can START watching something on my laptop, go to AnyStream and try to download the exact same movie and it shows up as "unavailable".

I have the 6.99 plan. Using my laptop at home or my desktop at work I can watch anything on HULU. But using AnyStream, almost all movies remain grayed out with the message "not available under your subscription plan" which makes no sense whatsoever considering I CAN watch those same movies on other devices using the exact same account. In other words, I can START watching something on my laptop, go to AnyStream and try to download the exact same movie and it shows up as "unavailable".
I understand what you are saying, but in order for me to see if there is an issue to show it to the devs I would need a log file from you, are you using a VPN? I need a logfile for the developers. Thank you for your input.

I understand what you are saying, but in order for me to see if there is an issue to show it to the devs I would need a log file from you, are you using a VPN? I need a logfile for the developers. Thank you for your input.

I downloaded/installed the latest version of AS and - SURPRISE! - most HULU movies are available again. But I updated the software at least 3 times since the gray issue started and this is the first time that an update seems to have solved the problem. Next time I have a problem hopefully I'll remember to attach a log file to my post and save some time. I do appreciate any help when it's offered. Thanks.

I downloaded/installed the latest version of AS and - SURPRISE! - most HULU movies are available again. But I updated the software at least 3 times since the gray issue started and this is the first time that an update seems to have solved the problem. Next time I have a problem hopefully I'll remember to attach a log file to my post and save some time. I do appreciate any help when it's offered. Thanks.
That's okay, I must have tested the latest version on 200 movies and episodes, the whole main reason for that version 1.3.3.0 was to fix the DRM on Netflix. So without the latest versions, you are lucky you got anything in 1080p but less greyed out. Hope you are enjoying the program again.

Last edited:
Back