• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Sims 3

Matthew:

I can confirm the dragging issue (unable to drag desktop icon into GJ to create profile) in both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista for Sims3 with GJ latest version installed. I have UAC turned off.

I am also experiencing a request for disk for S3, although in my case, the game loads all the way to the select game screen first.

Last edited:
Matthew:

I can confirm the dragging issue (unable to drag desktop icon into GJ to create profile) in both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista for Sims3 with GJ latest version installed. I have UAC turned off.
Odd... we have tested this and it works fine here. Only thing is that we are not dragging the original shortcut.

I am also experiencing a request for disk for S3, although in my case, the game loads all the way to the select game screen first.
Are you running the latest version (and re-created the profile with the latest version)?

Matthew:

I was running the latest version, and since my profiles weren't working right anyway (I only had 2 profiles made at that point) I just deleted EVERYTHING, downloaded a fresh copy of the most current version of GJ, and tried again.

Didn't work. :( S3 and even S2 (all EP's and SP's installed, running M&G) would both ask for the disk, even though GJ would report a no problems with the profile.

Finally fixed it by right-clicking on the profile, and un-checking "lock profile". I then played each game a couple of more time times, adding to the profile by using the disks. After about three rounds on each game, I rebooted, opened GJ, and no problems - with S3!

S2 M&G is now giving me a "conflict with Emulation Software Detected." error. I will try running that profile several more times with the disc (and the profile "unlocked") and see if that fixes S2 M&G.

Don't know why I have had so much trouble - Could it be the fact that this computer uses a Blu-Ray drive? That is the only difference between this machine, and the one my daughter uses. Her laptop has a DVD-RW drive. Otherwise, they are (literally) identical. She has NO problems at all with GJ, creating and using profiles.

Last edited:
S2 M&G is now giving me a "conflict with Emulation Software Detected." error. I will try running that profile several more times with the disc (and the profile "unlocked") and see if that fixes S2 M&G.
Open the advanced setting for this profile and change game management to full support.

Matthew:

Thanks - tried that, although it was already set to "fully supported".

S3 continues to run fine, but still can't get S2 M&G to go. Now getting a consistent "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (4003)." error every time I try to run. I have continued to use the disk to try and add to the profile, but with no success. I have also tried (several times each) the "suggestions" from the Performance and Reliabilty Wizard.

I will try to get all the standard troubleshooting info (the 12 deadly questions, and everything else) for you this weekend, and will post here. Sorry for the delay, but I have one family member down with strep, and another out with H1N1, so I am a bit busy right now.

Thanks! :)

The 4003 error is caused by missing sector data. Did you create the profile via the profile map (or did you use automatic mode)?

Matt: I have tried both ways - via the profile map, and automatic. Sims3 still works, but still no go on S2 Mansions and Gardens.

Could it be because I installed S3 first, and then S2? (grasping at straws now...)

I'll try to find time to get those 12 questions answered.

Thanks! :)

Could it be because I installed S3 first, and then S2? (grasping at straws now...)
I would not think so.

Another thing to try is to capture the profile using generation 3 driver mode.
Under settings, change default driver generation from 4 to 3 and recapture the profile.

Matt:

Change the title of this thread to "solved".

I decided to try one last time to create a new profile. First, I made sure that I had all of my hardware, firmware and Vista ducks in a row (already done, but a double-check never hurts, right?)

Next, I downloaded a shiny, fresh copy of GJ. Same as the one I already had, appeared to be identical, but it only took a couple of minutes, so why not?

Then I went into Control Panel, and removed the existing Game Jackal installation. I kept NOTHING - since I only had two games installed that I needed GJ for, there was no need to try and back up a profile library, or anything like that.

Shut down, and perform a cold boot.

Install GJ. Check for updates (we already know there won't be any, but it only takes a minute - well worth it if I can get things straightened out, so I don't skip this step either).

Create a profile for Sims 3. Works flawlessly the first time, and everything is great. Yay!

Create a profile for Sims 2 Mansion & Garden using "image mode" to create the new profile. Works perfectly.

:)

Matt:

Change the title of this thread to "solved".

I decided to try one last time to create a new profile. First, I made sure that I had all of my hardware, firmware and Vista ducks in a row (already done, but a double-check never hurts, right?)

Next, I downloaded a shiny, fresh copy of GJ. Same as the one I already had, appeared to be identical, but it only took a couple of minutes, so why not?

Then I went into Control Panel, and removed the existing Game Jackal installation. I kept NOTHING - since I only had two games installed that I needed GJ for, there was no need to try and back up a profile library, or anything like that.

Shut down, and perform a cold boot.

Install GJ. Check for updates (we already know there won't be any, but it only takes a minute - well worth it if I can get things straightened out, so I don't skip this step either).

Create a profile for Sims 3. Works flawlessly the first time, and everything is great. Yay!

Create a profile for Sims 2 Mansion & Garden using "image mode" to create the new profile. Works perfectly.

:)

That is excellent... thanks for the update.

Back