• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] running slow

Bob J

having a problem for the last few weeks my run time to do a movie went from 20 to 30 min. to 1:45 to 2 hours. I've redownloaded and also uninstalled with no effect. When I've checked my ram memory it shows a gig and a half available and cpu only running at about 35% load while the program is running. This is the same as it was using at the faster rate of speed. My laptop is still working at the same rate as before also which is good but I prefer my desktop with the dual burners and readers combo. The system checks I've tried everything says it's working properly. :confused:

Have you checked the slow computer to be sure the drive has not rolled back to PIO mode? The drive should be in DMA mode.

not sure of where to go to check this I looked at control panel and I don't see pio or dma listed on the c drive

all other programs and computer running the same as it always has nothing new has been added or deleted in last couple of months

Hi Bob, I'm assuming since it ran faster then slowed that the controller my have reverted to PIO. In control panel select device manager then the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. check the primary and secondary controllers. Right click and click properties then the advanced tab, you'll see.

You don't have to change anything Bob, if the drive encounters a certain number of I/O errors the controller will roll back to PIO mode. I think the magic number is six but could be wrong about that. And that may not be your problem, just a shot in the dark on my part.

If AnyDVD is being used the drive shouldn't drop into PIO.

Make sure the latest versions of software are being used.

AnyDVD 6.5.4.3 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29855
CloneDVD 2.9.2.2: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

The FAQ post in the forum is also an important read: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083

In regard to slowness issues:

13. My burns are taking forever to complete suddenly. Why?

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in Clonedvd? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

f) Ensure speed control is unchecked in Anydvd (or at least, ensure "Slow and Quiet" is not enabled).

g) Click this to see what TBPirate did to resolve his problem.

h) Did you install a new drive--or does your drive have riplock? If so, you may simply be out of luck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riplock

i) PDFhook and Windows search/indexing can cause problems: click this to see what lostinlodos did to resolve his problem

primary is running pio all other controlers dma says to use dma but it's not

Did you change the primary to "use DMA if available"? That is what it should be set to.

Depending on your OS there may be a box that says enable DMA, check it and apply.

Last edited:
Thank you all problem solved very easy with all your help and learned something new. Took the chance uninstalled adapter and restarted system twice now set ultra dma 2 and working great. this is the best help I've ever had and fast.

Back