• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved]Request CBR profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
hevc for example has a different grain type on real life movies and series
on anime its most of the time just saving some space
cbr/vbr is i know not collectively rateable because sometimes vbr is better than cbr even sometimes from episode to episode differs.

i'm asking very brazenly in this context about a free choice about the combination of audio and video.
so you can choose and download every combination which is offered on the platform.

so for example:

you can choose between cbr/vbr/hevc video
with eac3 224 stereo or eac3 640 5.1 if available.
(or for those how wanted the he-aac audio that aswell)

so you dont have to waste traffic, time and download counts to get the combination of video and audio for what you want.
Sometimes it's not as easy as you just asking for it and I say maybe or we will try, we have our own way of doing things, we have spent countless hours coding this program, and adding these features can sometimes cause other features not to work. So I will say we will see, and I mean that sincerely. I can't promise anything. All we can do is try.:) No promises.

What do you want to say "near you soon"?
Or do you mean h266 itself will come soon?

h266 is already being used in Europe. Why not in the US yet....not sure. Could be licensing or a reluctance to change again...although, I would think most modern
players could be updated via firmware....but not sure about TV's.....but whatever the case, it's here and it works as expected so it's only a matter of time.

One thing I didn't consider is with so much less space being used, there could be pushback from Hollywood itself. h266 means a lot more movies you can store.

I have made several comparisons regarding image quality in h264 1080p videos on Amazon and in all of them the CBR version is superior to the VBR. Probably not 100% of the time, but definitely the CBR version is the best option for most videos.

If any moderator gives me the OK I can put some screenshots as a comparison to demonstrate what I say. I do not know if for legal reasons these captures can be put in this forum.

It would be nice to have the option to choose the h264 1080p CBR option in AnyStream.

I have made several comparisons regarding image quality in h264 1080p videos on Amazon and in all of them the CBR version is superior to the VBR. Probably not 100% of the time, but definitely the CBR version is the best option for most videos.

If any moderator gives me the OK I can put some screenshots as a comparison to demonstrate what I say. I do not know if for legal reasons these captures can be put in this forum.

It would be nice to have the option to choose the h264 1080p CBR option in AnyStream.
It's been discussed enough, that screenshots do not represent a true image of a video, all displays are different. I really don't want to discuss this anymore, it's been discussed ad nauseam. Please do a search of the forum. It's only a viable option for Amazon and VBR offers a great picture and a smaller file while a Constant Bitrate offers a larger file with little to no upside, but that doesn't mean we won't at some time enable it, it just means it is not a priority.

As RF1 said, there already was a thread in this forum with a lot of arguing if one is better or the other.
So I think there is no point in talking about it again, there will be no result anyway.

The only thing you can do is to see if the devs add it or not. While there is no timeframe, they've already done a lot of things for us so I think they will eventually add it, sooner or later.

As RF1 said, there already was a thread in this forum with a lot of arguing if one is better or the other.
So I think there is no point in talking about it again, there will be no result anyway.

The only thing you can do is to see if the devs add it or not. While there is no timeframe, they've already done a lot of things for us so I think they will eventually add it, sooner or later.

Hopefully this option will be added over time. I have a lifetime subscription to AnyStream and honestly this is the feature I most look forward to seeing enabled.

I think we understand, we will take all the input into consideration m as I said do a forum search this has been discussed way too many times. This Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back