• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] read errors with Priest

rinobrin

I too am having a prob... picked it up from a blockbuster kiosk today.
I've both attempted a rip of the dvd and also creating an ISO to no avail. The rip error occurred on the same percentage with the same error message. I'll attempt a 4th time so I can better describe the error...

Another note is after anydvdhd reads the disk dvd shrink won't even open the file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_E_PRIEST_2011.zip
    487 KB · Views: 11
Looks bad to me......

I've both attempted a rip of the dvd and also creating an ISO to no avail. The rip error occurred on the same percentage with the same error message.
Another note is after anydvdhd reads the disk dvd shrink won't even open the file.

18.67s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
19.44s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
20.20s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
21.00s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
...38 more...

20.20s: read error 2150632 to 2150633, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
22.53s: read error 2178092 to 2178093, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
24.83s: read error 2178092 to 2178093, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
27.13s: read error 2178092 to 2178093, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
...10 more...

This looks like a bad disc and I'll bet the error is FILEIO3. This may play but I suspect you can forget it for a back up. And as for shrink, that's just shrink.
Normally that will work after "rip video....."-

You may want to set your drive region to your country and give this another go, although I don't think it will help.

Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit".

Remove the DVD from the drive.

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

1. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button (in Vista, open "Device Manager").
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.
6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY. Close those panels now.
7. Start Anydvd, insert the DVD and left click the system tray AnyDVD fox and see that the drive status shown is NOT "0".

Do NOT proceed until the status panel for AnyDVD shows a number for your drive region and no longer "0".

Then try another rip.

I've both attempted a rip of the dvd and also creating an ISO to no avail. The rip error occurred on the same percentage with the same error message. I'll attempt a 4th time so I can better describe the error...

Anytime you see AnyDVD report structural copy protection - you need to RIP TO FOLDER first before using DVDShrink.

That said.... looks like you have a bad disk there as well.

-W

AnyDVD should not have problems reading this disc and once ripped to folder DVD Shrink imports it without issue. Using DVD Shrink to read from the optical drive fails just like it will normally do with structural protections when the A.I. Scanner is engaged.

Frank's advice is dead on. I'd set the drive region and see if that makes a difference with respect to the read errors but this looks to me like a defective or badly damaged disc. There should be no read errors with this disc.

Last edited:
Thanks ALL for your reply's. It was indeed a bad disk. Found out about half way through the movie unfortunately. The disk was pristine condition... pretty sure I was the first to rent it... bad off the press I suppose.

I moved out the posts related to rinobrin's issue to a thread of its own.

Thanks ALL for your reply's. It was indeed a bad disk. Found out about half way through the movie unfortunately. The disk was pristine condition... pretty sure I was the first to rent it... bad off the press I suppose.

Yes... A *defective* disk is always new and pristine.
And many of them even PLAY well - but won't read bit for bit.

-W

priest is not a bad disk

Hey programmer guys, we need a patch to copy priest. We have three users with an identical error occurring in an identical location. I also know someone who may have rented it form Blockbuster and they assert it plays just fine on a standalone DVD player. It is either a strong coincidence or copy protection that needs removing. I say the ladder, so, get to work.

Please,

Thanks,

AnyDVD HD Aficionado

Of course it was. :D
Bad disks come in batches and always stop at the same place. They usually play just fine too - they just won't read bit for bit.

-W

Back