• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Questions about AnyStream licensing

3milioa

Hi,
I am new here and have some questions. I am planning on buying a license.
I like the program so far except for the fact that TV series episodes have to be downloaded one by one or is Batch downloading only a feature available to people who bought a license?

How does the yearly license work? Is it only to update the version of AnyStream in case anything is changed on the encryption on Amazon, Netflix or Disney+ through time but you can still use the program without new features from up to date versions after the year?
Is the license I buy hooked to only one device or a couple and is it impossible to switch device or reinstall after a format by example. I format and swap parts often in my PCs and move a lot from device to device depending of where I am. I don't plan on giving my license to anyone, but don't want to have to mess with that kind of BS with a program I pay for or is it easy to notify your server automatically when it happens? No waiting on someone to manually unlock the license when contacted, if you know what I mean.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Batch downloading of TV shows by season is not available yet. If you look at the pinned post called "READ ME: Feature Requests - Summary List", you will see what features have been requested, which requests have been approved or denied. They are considering batch downloads of TV seasons, but it hasn't been implemented and there is no word on when it will be.

Thank 's @ChuckH for the link and info.
Do you have any insights about the license?

Licenses are for updates, that's it. If it expires you should be able to continue to use the last version under your license (though anydvd's behavior is different, but that's a different application). Licenses are user bound, not PC bound.

Being were talking AnyStream here, if the license expires, does the token bucket keep filling, or do you eventually run out?

Thank's @Ch3vr0n for the infos, so I can still keep using AnyStream up to the last updated version I could get with my 1 year subscription. Since it is user bound, it means I can install it on multiple device but probably only use on one at a time obviously. This is good to know! I will buy it tonight. At 59 EUR converted in CAD it is one of the most expansive option out there, but seems like the most reliable and safe one, CLoneCD being around for a really long time and the forum and support seem legit. By the way, I love StarGate!

@Ghildebr What is that token bucket you are talking about? What do you mean. :p Like the amount of download you can do in a certain limit of time on the demo version? You are asking if it is up after the license expire. I would like to know too, if anyone knows.

Last edited:
Thread moved to purchasing and licensing subforum.

I was under the impression once your one-year license is over, your ability to use the program ends. Your token bucket will not refill and you have to buy another license. I think before we jump to any conclusions, because I may be wrong, we should get some clarification. I have contacted Ivan and he will clarify.

Please note: using AnyStream is legal only for personal needs and without rights to share the downloaded material with third parties. Please respect copyrights of supported streaming providers.

The free 21-day trial version of AnyStream is limited to approximately 10 downloads. You have a quota of 10 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every day. This amounts to a maximum of 31 downloads over the trial period of 21 days.

A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100.

The word Valid here is important.

Last edited:
Licenses are for updates, that's it. If it expires you should be able to continue to use the last version under your license (though anydvd's behavior is different, but that's a different application). Licenses are user bound, not PC bound.
Is this posted somewhere?

Anyone with any authority can confirm anything here before I buy? XD

Anyone with any authority can confirm anything here before I buy? XD
Yes, I'll clarify for you. Ch3vr0n is confusing AnyStream with AnyDVD.

AnyDVD will continue to work after your license expires, but can no longer be updated - and will not handle anything that requires access to our online database. It will be able to handle less and less newly released discs then.
The idea being: what that version of AnyDVD was able to handle, it will continue to handle - the DRM on the discs doesn't change, after all.

AnyStream will stop functioning entirely, once the license has expired.
The idea in this case being: streaming DRM is constantly on the move. We have to adapt all the time. Details of the Provider's APIs are constantly changing.

In a sense it's the same as AnyDVD.... you won't be able to update and you won't have access to the online DB (just that in this case the online DB is required for everything, so the software becomes completely useless without a license).

Pete is the highest authority here on AnyStream, believe him. It will not work after your one year license is ended. We would love to have you as part of the project, I am sorry for the confusion and I sincerely hope you join us in The AnyStream project.

I never bothered to check the pricing for annual subscriptions. I went straight to the lifetime subscription. I've used AnyDVD before when it was SlySoft and loved it. I figured that I will probably get my money's worth and continue using Anystream as long as I subscribe to Netflix, Disney+ and/or Amazon Prime. If you only want a few shows, a time limited subscription would be beneficial, but over the long term, it is better to buy a lifetime subscription, IMO.

I never bothered to check the pricing for annual subscriptions. I went straight to the lifetime subscription. I've used AnyDVD before when it was SlySoft and loved it. I figured that I will probably get my money's worth and continue using Anystream as long as I subscribe to Netflix, Disney+ and/or Amazon Prime. If you only want a few shows, a time-limited subscription would be beneficial, but over the long term, it is better to buy a lifetime subscription, IMO.
I agree, but the customer always can make a choice of what he or she would like to buy. If the customer wants a year, that's what they will get. We always offer a choice.

Thank you for the answers, and I subscribed for one year already. Well, my point for going only for one year is that I don't know for how long I am going to need it and for how long the project will be alive taking into account the responses of the different services to downloading and decrypting their feeds like this. I needed the porgram for a specific reason. It was hard to find the shows on the net in certain a language, it's also hard to find them on Disney+ Amazon and Netflixx too, but at least they have some. I don't plan on sharing the videos anywhere on the net but want to fill a HDD for someone who travels a lot and won't have access to Internet where they are going and they don't understand English very well. But who knows I might get hooked and get a lifetime later. Right now though, I can't connect to my Disney+, but read that the issue is known, I got a logfile, but not sure where to upload it.

Last edited:
You could mark the thread as solved, if need be.
My last question would be how fast is the app being patched when certain login problems occur? If I can be any help, let me know, I will be happy to contribute what I can. :p

Thank you for the answers, and I subscribed for one year already. Well, my point for going only for one year is that I don't know for how long I am going to need it and for how long the project will be alive taking into account the responses of the different services to downloading and decrypting their feeds like this. I needed the porgram for a specific reason. It was hard to find the shows on the net in certain a certain language, it's also hard to find they on Disney+ Amazon and Netflixx too, but at least they have some. I don't plan on sharing the videos anywhere on the net but want to fill a HDD for someone who travels a lot and won't have access to Internet where they are going and they don't understand English very well. But who knows I might get hooked and get a lifetime later. Right now though, I can't connect to my Disney+ though, but read that the issue is known, I got a logfile, but not sure where to upload it.
Its is a known problem and will be fixed in the next update, welcome to the Redfox forums.

Back