• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Panasonic DMP-BD60

cp1966

Just got this new Blu Ray player. I was very excited. After finally getting the firmware updated to 1.7 this player will playback DVD-R back ups that I make with Any DVD and Clone CD.

It will play DVD-R DL back ups, but not single layer. :bang:

Anyone here have similiar problems?

It will play DVD-R DL back ups, but not single layer.

this player will playback DVD-R back ups that I make with Any DVD and Clone CD.

dvd-r = single layer

So, what are you saying?

oops, sorry;

It will not play dvd-r discs. It will play dvd-r DL.

I am waiting on a replacement player from crutchfield.

It will not play dvd-r discs. It will play dvd-r DL.

I am waiting on a replacement player from crutchfield.

I would be very surprised if the replacement player helps you.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". If you use +R DL blank media use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL only

b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

Recommended blank media

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, and Taiyo Yuden

DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere . . . I'm not sure if these are being made anymore), Verbatim Datalife Plus (avoid Ritek made Verbatims; these might be fakes), and Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline, not Trublu) 8x

DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (preferably not India) and MAM-A 8x

DVD-R DLs = none (useless format)

Wow, for some reason I was under the belief that DVD-R was read by more players than a DVD+R. I forgot to mention that the player specs state it will play DVD-R. I will try a DVD+R and see if that helps, like this perhaps;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130992

I have tried in the past to change the settings to DVD-ROM in the booktype, but I will double check that. Its a good thing bulk discs are cheap.

Last edited:
Best Buy has Sony DVD+R on sale for a real nice price on a 50 pack so I bought a spindle.

The DMP-BD60 is now playing them fine.:clap:

Thanks for the info and links!

Wow, for some reason I was under the belief that DVD-R was read by more players than a DVD+R.

No. That's utter nonsense. Once the booktype is changed to "dvd-rom", there's no difference.

Best Buy has Sony DVD+R on sale for a real nice price on a 50 pack so I bought a spindle.

The DMP-BD60 is now playing them fine.:clap:

Thanks for the info and links!

It's just a blank disc/player compatibility issue then. That player didn't like what what you were using before (the reflective layer used in blank media plays a strong role in compatibility).

Glad things are working for you now

It's just a blank disc/player compatibility issue then. That player didn't like what what you were using before (the reflective layer used in blank media plays a strong role in compatibility).

Glad things are working for you now

Since I still have about 75 blank dvd-r verbatims sitting around, I tried using DVD shrink to read and burn a movie. This method provides a back up that will play ont he Panasonic DMP-BD60.

I am not complaining Webslinger, but I wanted to pass this info on to you.

FWIW, I did download the new beta AnyDVD. So I am going to try Clone CD again and see if it works with the new beta AnyDVD for this machine.

Weird.....:confused:

Update;

I just tried cloneCD to burn a dvd-r and it plays fine. I did update to the new AnyDVD beta 6.5.6.4, perhaps that did it?

Last edited:
I just tried cloneCD to burn a dvd-r and it plays fine. I did update to the new AnyDVD beta 6.5.6.4, perhaps that did it?

No. Otherwise your other burns with Clonecd wouldn't have worked either.

More than likely a bad blank or poor choice for burn speed . . .
Don't burn at 16x to 16x rated blank media. Try an 8x or 12x burn speed.
Whatever the case, you produced a bad burn previously.

Burning 16x media (dvd-r) at 8x is working fine. That must have been it!

:D

Back