• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] No Options at all!

siani_8

I purchased game jackal a while back as part of the whole package deal with the other Slysoft programs but have not tried to use it until now.

When I open Game Jackal, I see a white window that says "My Game Profiles" above it and I have blue to the left of the white window. It says Game Jackal pro at the top and and Game Jackal on the side bar. There are tips displaying at the bottom.

That's it! There is nothing else. There are no options and no tools like i saw in the tutorial on the install. Just nothing. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it's the same. I can't click and drag anything into the window either.

Am I missing something or is my Game Jackal broken?

I have Vista 64 ultimate edition

Thanks for any insight.

Thank you!!

Hi, I just disabled UAC and when I rebooted all the options were there. It appears a reinstall might not be necessary. (I reinstalled the lastest version earlier tonight) Thank you very much for your assistance!

Hi, I just disabled UAC and when I rebooted all the options were there. It appears a reinstall might not be necessary. (I reinstalled the lastest version earlier tonight) Thank you very much for your assistance!

No problem

Take care

Not quite solved

I'm not sure if i should reply here or make a new post but I'll start here. I thought this issue was resolved but my problem keeps recurring.

I have disabled UAC in Vista Ultimate 64.
I uninstalled Game Jakal and rebooted.
I reinstalled the latest version of Game Jakal.
I then click on my product key to make it official and Game Jakal works with all setting.

However, after a couple of reboots on my system all of Game Jakals setting dissappear again. I have not enabled UAC again.

I've done this like 4 times and it just keeps happening. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Also, if it helps, I'm running Vista 64 sp2, with a Phenom 9950 BE CPU. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, Webroot Spy Sweeper 64 bit, and Spybot.

Thanks again

Last edited:
We had this issue with customers setting their Windows font set to unusually big or small letters resp they were running some custom tool like Windows Blinds that suppressed a default Windows font set.

I'm not sure if i should reply here or make a new post but I'll start here. I thought this issue was resolved but my problem keeps recurring.

I have disabled UAC in Vista Ultimate 64.
I uninstalled Game Jakal and rebooted.
I reinstalled the latest version of Game Jakal.
I then click on my product key to make it official and Game Jakal works with all setting.

However, after a couple of reboots on my system all of Game Jakals setting dissappear again. I have not enabled UAC again.

I've done this like 4 times and it just keeps happening. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Also, if it helps, I'm running Vista 64 sp2, with a Phenom 9950 BE CPU. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, Webroot Spy Sweeper 64 bit, and Spybot.

Thanks again

What settings are disappearing?

I have the same problem as Siani. I followed the instructions and solved the problem, temporaryly. After a while all of the tools disapeared. The only thing left is the "My Game Profiles" with the profiles that I saved. Everything else has disapeared. Help!!

I have the same problem as Siani. I followed the instructions and solved the problem, temporaryly. After a while all of the tools disapeared. The only thing left is the "My Game Profiles" with the profiles that I saved. Everything else has disapeared. Help!!

Can you please post a screen shot?

Ok I think I got my settings to stay visible now. I had to follow the instructions in the above post with one addition.

Addition To Instructions: Uninstalling Game Jackal doesn't seem to be enough. I had to delete it's folder that was left behind also. It must have been holding on to some settings from the orginal install with UAC or something and after a couple of reboots it's would default back. I know know, I'm not that technical. Deleting the folder did seem to work though.

I'll post back if I find that Settings, Tools, Help etc disappear again.

Anyway, in order to keep using Game Jackal, am I supposed to always leave UAC off now?

Anyway, in order to keep using Game Jackal, am I supposed to always leave UAC off now?

The current version requires this... however the new v4 we are working on
runs fine with UAC enabled / and under a limited account etc.

Any time frame on v4? I am running the Enterprise version of GJ.

I know many people debate the value, but I run my kids under limited accounts and would like to keep UAC enabled. Keeps me from having to rebuild their systems so often.

Thanks for any information.

Beta 1 should be up any time now. It have been tested internally and is waiting to be posted on the forum.

Back