• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] NFS Most Wanted profile not working

ivanX

Translator (ru)
Hello,

Long time no hear! I hope everyone is doing well. I have just upgraded to GJ 3.1.1.2 and now my GJ profile for NFS MW isn't working. Here's the lowdown:

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? 3.1.1.2
  2. What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? Vista Business SP1 32-bit
  3. What protection does your game use? SafeDisc 4.6
  4. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition
  5. What is the version of the game? 1.3
  6. Is it cd or dvd version? CD version
  7. What region or country is the original disc from? Singapore
  8. What cpu are you running? Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
  9. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? Pioneer 215D, Firmware 1.18
  10. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Norton Internet Security 2007
  11. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. I create a profile from scratch using a profile map in GJ. It states that only startup needs to be captured so I allow the game to start up, get to the main selection screen and then exit it. The profile gets created but when I try to launch it I get a message asking me to insert the correct CD-ROM and restart the application.
  12. See attached log.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    10 KB · Views: 3
CD based Safedisc games can be an issue with the current version of GJ... I'm hoping the new release due in a few days with sort out these issues.

CD based Safedisc games can be an issue with the current version of GJ... I'm hoping the new release due in a few days with sort out these issues.
Thank you for replying Matthew, I look forward to the forthcoming release and hope it will solve the issues I am having. I also have my fingers crossed that I won't have to re-profile all my games once I update to that version.

Nope, just tried the new release. It takes ages to create a profile and when I try to launch it I get the initial splash screen, it goes away and then Vista pops up a message that Speed.exe has stopped working. Ironically, that's exactly what happened when I updated the sector data using the previous version. I'm really eager for you guys to get it sorted and I hope it won't take a month like it did between last 2 stable versions :) Hoping to hear from you soon...

Uninstall the old version of Game Jackal. Reboot. Install the new version of Game Jackal. Reboot. Then try creating a new profile.

If that doesn't work, upload the summary log (you may need to zip it up).

Uninstall the old version of Game Jackal. Reboot. Install the new version of Game Jackal. Reboot. Then try creating a new profile.

If that doesn't work, upload the summary log (you may need to zip it up).
Yes sir. I have rebooted after installing the new version, Summary.txt attached.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    14 KB · Views: 2
I have rebooted after installing the new version

Okay, but did you uninstall the old version first? I had a lot of problems after installing the new version.

I didn't delete the old version before I updated. I just just installed the new version over the old one. I had nothing but problems. So I had to uninstall. Then Reboot. Then reinstall. Then reboot. Then I created a new profile.

I didn't delete the old version before I updated. I just just installed the new version over the old one. I had nothing but problems. So I had to uninstall. Then Reboot. Then reinstall. Then reboot. Then I created a new profile.
I installed the new version over the top then rebooted. I will try to uninstall it, reboot and then install it again and then reboot again.

I installed the new version over the top then rebooted.

Yeah, that's what I did and an old profile I created wouldn't work. Even trying to update the profile didn't work. So then I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and created a new profile. That did work.

I don't know if that will work for you, but it's worth trying.

If that doesn't work, please upload a new summary log (you may need to zip it up).

Yeah, that's what I did and an old profile I created wouldn't work. Even trying to update the profile didn't work. So then I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and created a new profile. That did work.

I don't know if that will work for you, but it's worth trying.

If that doesn't work, please upload a new summary log (you may need to zip it up).
Did as you said and pretty much the same story: ages to create image mode even though I didn't tick that box. No "Speed.exe has stopped working" message, but splash screen does appear as normal and then GJ just deactivates the profile. Summary file attached.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 3
Did as you said and pretty much the same story: ages to create image mode even though I didn't tick that box. No "Speed.exe has stopped working" message, but splash screen does appear as normal and then GJ just deactivates the profile. Summary file attached.

O.k., thanks. Hopefully matthew will take a look.

By the way, do you have SPTD.sys from Daemon Tools installed? That causes all sorts of read issues with Anydvd, for example: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=124439&postcount=5

I will need to get a hold of this game and take a closer look.

I will need to get a hold of this game and take a closer look.
Will you have to acquire it externally? I assumed that you'd already have every game that has a profile map in the db :)

We take great care in trying to ensure each version doesn't break profiles from a previous versions... however, as you can imagine Game Jackal is a complex piece of software and sometimes it's just not possible to maintain compatibility.
If those profiles were created on the basis of profile maps built into GJ then compatibility must be mandatory. If it's not broken then it must keep working :p

If those profiles were created on the basis of profile maps built into GJ then compatibility must be mandatory. If it's not broken then it must keep working :p

Unfortunately software development just doesn't work that way. There are times when we need to re-architect to be able to move forward.

No we don't have every game in the db, we generally obtain games that are causing problems.

No we don't have every game in the db, we generally obtain games that are causing problems.
If you do not have every game that is profiled in the db then how do you create those profile maps since a lot of them are quite sensitive in terms of specific settings? :confused:

Last edited:
The issue appears to be some missing data...

Can you try the following.

1) Edit the profile and uncheck "Lock capture mode".
2) Insert the CD.
3) Start the game from the GJ profile.

GJ will rescan the game and hopefully sort out your issue.

FYI - on the missing data, we are enhancing the profile performance wizard to fix this issues.

The issue appears to be some missing data...

Can you try the following.

1) Edit the profile and uncheck "Lock capture mode".
2) Insert the CD.
3) Start the game from the GJ profile.

GJ will rescan the game and hopefully sort out your issue.

FYI - on the missing data, we are enhancing the profile performance wizard to fix this issues.
Unfortunately, this has not helped. It still takes ages to make a profile and then when I try to run it I get the same message saying that Speed.exe has stopped working properly.

Back