• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] NF.... At It Again

kuhnglobal1

I know you all are aware of the issues in NF Currently. I noticed it about 4 days ago with 1.3.8.0 as everything was Hit or Miss... even updated to 1.3.9.0 and has become mostly MISS at this point. So I downloaded and installed the BETA 1.3.9.3.... still no joy. I got a bit tired of trying to log in... with the ever wonderful error of Provider Setup Failed...lol. I feel like I just was hit with the old Windows Blue Screen back in the day...lol. Anyway... as I see there have been many fixes for NF, and thought I would share my log for the awesomeness at RedFox to look at. Hopefully it shall assist in the ongoing battle with NF issues.

Thank you again to RedFox for being AWESOME!!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.9.3.astlog
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
I consider myself fortunate that I have not experienced login or crashing issues that others have been reporting with NF. The issues I have seen for 3+ months have to do with DRM and low resolution downloads.

I'm thrilled that a few dozen(!) titles I've been putting off downloading due to low resolution have been COMPLETELY fixed as of 1.3.9.3. Mouse:39, NF:0.

Hopefully the devs can zero in on root causes for the login problems soon.

Just installed 1.4.0.0..... still no joy on accessing my NF through AnyStream. I have attached a screen grab and Log File for your expertise.

Thank you to RedFox again for being amazing. I am looking forward to being able to get to NF again.

Attachments

• 2022-07-13_ANYSTREAM_NF_PROVIDER_SETUP_FAIL.JPG
    2022-07-13_ANYSTREAM_NF_PROVIDER_SETUP_FAIL.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 22
  • AnyStream_1.4.0.0.astlog
    142.7 KB · Views: 4
Was it opening correctly in the last beta before 1400? Netflix seems to be redirecting? Are you using a VPN by chance? No one else has reported this, I see you are using the Basic AnyStream program, let me show this to Pete. See what he says. Something in your computer is blocking NF from opening, ( I think)

Last edited:
kuhnglobal1, I think it's a VPN issue. I have the same error (Provider setup failed) with Disney when connected to NordVPN US, however if I disconnected from VPN, I can access Disney just fine.

Was it opening correctly in the last beta before 1400? Netflix seems to be redirecting? Are you using a VPN by chance? No one else has reported this, I see you are using the Basic AnyStream program, let me show this to Pete. See what he says. Something in your computer is blocking NF from opening, ( I think)
Thank you, my friend.

I am not using a VPN, and have made no changes in my system since it last worked properly. Version 1.3.9.0 is where I began seeing issues.. only with NF. I tried both the BETA 1.3.9.3 and now today's 1.4.0.0... all are either hot or miss. I successfully got on NF yesterday, began DL The Umbrella Academy, and it froze 10 minutes in... and I had to abort the DL.

I had read recently that NF was cracking down on sharing of passwords... which I do not do. I have a multiple screen subscription to them, and have no issues watching it on any device.... including the machine I am using for AnyStream. The only issue happens when I use AnyStream to access NF.

With all of that stated, I will be happy to try anything you suggest in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you again for being amazing.... you guys are AWESOME!

kuhnglobal1, I think it's a VPN issue. I have the same error (Provider setup failed) with Disney when connected to NordVPN US, however if I disconnected from VPN, I can access Disney just fine.
Thank you, my Friend. I don't use a VPN on that system, though I will check to see if Windows activated one. Every once in a while my settings mysteriously change after Windows does it's updates.... LOL. Actually... you reminded me...Windows DID just have an update.... I will check again.

Just checked to see if settings had changed, and verified I have no VPN on this machine.. which is used only for AnyStream. The only Provider issue is with NF. AP and D+ work just fine. I have a lifetime with AnyStream and AnyDVD. If I upgrade AnyStream to be able to access more providers.... do you think that would fix the NF issue?

Nobody can tell you definitively what would happen, thighs change on the provider level constantly. Things that may work today, may be be broken again tomorrow. You'll have to try and find out, but eventually you will HAVE TO update, anystream for a part relies on a redfox authentication server prior to downloading (to check the tokens in your bucket). That server occasionally gets an update to to keep up with DRM and has a 'minimum anystream version requirement'. If you fall below the current set version (and only the devs know what it is set at), anystream will notify you to update.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just installed 1.4.0.0..... still no joy on accessing my NF through AnyStream. I have attached a screen grab and Log File for your expertise.

Thank you to RedFox again for being amazing. I am looking forward to being able to get to NF again.
We are going to have to use this log file, unless you have something more recent.

Thank you, my friend.

I am not using a VPN, and have made no changes in my system since it last worked properly. Version 1.3.9.0 is where I began seeing issues.. only with NF. I tried both the BETA 1.3.9.3 and now today's 1.4.0.0... all are either hot or miss. I successfully got on NF yesterday, began DL The Umbrella Academy, and it froze 10 minutes in... and I had to abort the DL.

I had read recently that NF was cracking down on sharing of passwords... which I do not do. I have a multiple screen subscription to them, and have no issues watching it on any device.... including the machine I am using for AnyStream. The only issue happens when I use AnyStream to access NF.

With all of that stated, I will be happy to try anything you suggest in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you again for being amazing.... you guys are AWESOME!
Make sure all your settings are correct in country code and language and the rest of them.

Just trying to help. Ignore me if this was done already.

So no VPN but are you doing ANY filtering at all on your network either via DNS or your firewall? Maybe geo-filtering, DNS filtering or something like that. I know RF1 mentioned a redirect and sometimes that is a result of filtering. Also, can you access NF via a browser without issue?

Thank you, my Friend. I don't use a VPN on that system, though I will check to see if Windows activated one. Every once in a while my settings mysteriously change after Windows does it's updates.... LOL. Actually... you reminded me...Windows DID just have an update.... I will check again.
Can you try it at a friend's house with different wifi or ethernet? I was thinking maybe you can find a laptop to try and see if this something occurs.

If I upgrade AnyStream to be able to access more providers.... do you think that would fix the NF issue?
No, definitely not.
You can try deleting (while AnyStream is not running) the registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\netflix

Then logging in from scratch to Netflix and see if that works.

Oh wow... you guys are AWESOME.... I have much to try in your suggestions and info. Thank you all. I will get to it today and get back with you. I will also bring a new log file with me when I return to report.

Thank you all again... very much.

Well.. aside from taking a laptop to another location to use AnyStream.... I have gone through all of the tips above.... and have come up empty. I have attached today's log file. When I tried Pete's suggestion of deleting the NF Reg.... when I logged back in NF began to look as if it was going to work, with the choice of who is watching selection. Then the window within AnyStream went blank again, like it was loading my login, only then to again receive the notice "Provider Setup Failed". What is really weird is that this is happening on two separate machines with AnyStream on it today, yet each of those machines, and all devices here can freely view NF. It is only through AnyStream that I cannot connect. I am baffled... lol. I know there is a solution to all problems... and this one is likely right in front of me that I am missing. That stated... NF seemed to get worse each day with connectivity through AnyStream until today.. where it will not connect at all. Could NF be blocking my connection through AnyStream somehow? They seemed to block the new login attempt almost immediately when I tried the Reg delete and re-login.

Thank you all again for your expertise and wisdom. It is very appreciated. You are all fantastic.

Attachments

• 2022-07-14 AnyStream_1.4.0.0.astlog
    51.2 KB · Views: 1
Well.. aside from taking a laptop top another location to use AnyStream.... I have gone through all of the tips above.... and have come up empty. I have attached today's log file. When I tried Pete's suggestion of deleting the NF Reg.... when I logged back in NF began to look as if it was going to work, with the choice of who is watching selection. Then the window within AnyStream went blank again, like it was loading my login, only then to again receive the notice "Provider Setup Failed". What is really weird is that this is happening on two separate machines with AnyStream on it today, yet each of those machines, and all devices here can freely view NF. It is only through AnyStream that I cannot connect. I am baffled... lol. I know there is a solution to all problems... and this one is likely right in front of me that I am missing. That stated... NF seemed to get worse each day with connectivity through AnyStream until today.. where it will not connect at all. Could NF be blocking my connection through AnyStream somehow? They seemed to block the new login attempt almost immediately when I tried the Reg delete and re-login.

Thank you all again for your expertise and wisdom. It is very appreciated. You are all fantastic.

This is why I asked if you can access Netflix in a browser. I have read that Netflix had blocked some residential IPs in an effort to block VPNs. Which I know you said you are not using. If you can access NF through a browser I would ask again about any filtering on your network via DNS or Firewall. If you cannot then you know NF has blocked your IP possibly.

Just trying to help.

Okay, are you logged into NF in another devices. If so log out of all of them, I know they have a strict amount of devices you can be logged into at the same time. You can also try running NF as Administrator.

Last edited:
DQ and RedFox 1.... thank you both greatly.

Here is something funny.... I was just able to get on NF on one of the machines.... through Anystream. We shall see if I am allowed to complete a DL,.. or even two. I have NF set for 6 screens being watched at the same time at my place. I shall try logging off each to see if I can consistently then get on NF through AnyStream. Both of your suggestions are excellent... and I am grateful of you both. I can't understand why it is only through AnyStream where I cannot access NF most of the time. This issues just began a short time ago. I must be overlooking some change that happened on my machine that I am unaware of. Then again... it is happening on two machines here. My head hurts...LOL. I cannot even imagine what you guys go through in developing this amazing App. Truly... it is amazing.... and so are all of you.

I will report back to tell you if NF allows me a full DL.. or even more. I shall also try logging out my Fire TV Cubes throughout my home.

Thank you again! (y)

Back