• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] My Samsung DVD drive dosen't read disks sometimes

leoliver

Hi Everyone,

I have a Samsung DVD-Rom SD-616T (read only ), on my WinXP Pro SP3 computer.I also have a Sony DVD RW DRU-720A drive that I use for burning.
I have both Anydvd and DVDFab 5 installed on my computer. I disable and exit Anydvd before using DVDFab 5.
However, my preferred method is too put a DVD that I own, and want to back up, into my Samsung read only drive and use Anydvd/Nero recode to back up to a blank DVD in my Sony RW drive.
The problem is , sometimes the Samsung drive won't read the DVD I insert in it. And other times it will read the same kind of disk. The newer Sony drive will always read the disks, so the disks are good.
So I'm wondering if having both Anydvd and DVDFab 5 , installed on my computer , is causing problems for my Samsung drive ? Producing read problems for the Samsung drive?
I only recently began to have read problems for the Samsung drive. It worked fine for about 3-years, and began acting up about 6-months ago.
Feedback will be appreciated!

More likely that your Samsung drive is dying more than anything else

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

After un-installing Anydvd the drive still dosen't perform

After temproraly un-installing Anydvd , I stll had problems with the drive.
With a dvd in the drive, I went to my computer and clicked on "properties"
and the drive's properties window wouldn't open. When I tried Nero cd-dvd speed test, it read the disk at first then Nero cd-dvd speed test crashed when I clicked on different options, such as "disk info", "disk quality" .
Before I un-installed Anydvd, with dvd in the drive, Anydvd started to read it, the tray icon became lighter in color, but the status window wouldn't apear
until I ejected the disk. But only showed for a second than vanished.
However, the drive works fine with a audio cd . It only fails to read with a dvd .
Before of dvd read problems , the drive had problems with opening/closing when I pushed on the drive's open/close button. Sometimes it would open and sometimes it wouldn't. In fact, I installed nircmd on my computer, and created drive open/close shortcuts with nircmd , for times the open/close
button wouldn't work.
So my test showed that Anydvd isn't at fault , the problem is with the drive
itself.

Back