• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Is this Virtual CloneDrive related ?....

slinky

or have i picked up something somewhere that goofed with my system...

oddrd8.jpg

there have been a number of nasties around lately that like to inject into the "open with" command window in order to get you to run a trojan downloader (interesting bit of work!) ..... i've scanned my system with a couple of different tools and all seems fine.

I only seem to get this when i load an image in Virtual CloneDrive, the little symbols are not always the same, sometimes it's blank, sometimes it's just a dot, the using <need provider> part is always the same

any thoughts ? ..... it doesnt seem to have any affect on anything else, or operation and seems to work just fine from all the regular options... i just have this "stray thing" at the top !

I can't be 100% sure when this started, and i have been testing some video related tools (mainly flash file manipulators) so one of those might be the culprit.

I am using VCD v5.4.2.3, Windows XP Pro 32bit

Scratch that..... i found it.

Yes, i picked up something nasty, its called Total Video Player .... piece of garbage gets installed with total video converter, whether you ask for it or not, and then it fails to remove itself properly, should be renamed Total Crap

for anyone else reading this, i used CleanHandlers - AutoPlay cleanup utility, to scan for orphaned handles
Code:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoplayhandlers.htm

and it returned this result
Orphaned handlers
-----------------

Event : PlayDVDMovieOnArrival
Handler Name : TVPPlayDVDMovieOnArrival

all sorted now :)

Back