• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Installation error!!

Cadaver314

First time I've *ever* had a problem updating AnyDVD.

Downloaded latest version. Clicked to install (yes to license, etc.) starts to install and get about 1/2 through and get this message:

"error decompressing data! corrupted installer?"

And won't finishing installing.

At "Details" last entry is "Extract:RegAnyDVD.exe"

When I click on my desktop icon, I get this:

"Install ADVDDiscHlp()failed!
IDVDInfo2::GetDiscID hook not installed"

The little fox at the bottom, however, still works, but shows version 6.5.2.2

Help?

Exit AnyDVD HD, redownload the installer from the Slysoft website, and reinstall AnyDVD HD using that newly downloaded installer.

Exit AnyDVD HD, redownload the installer from the Slysoft website, and reinstall AnyDVD HD using that newly downloaded installer.

thanks for trying drink, but I've re-downloaded about 5 times. No change. (note: my only internet connection is Sprint Mobile Broadband and there's a 5GB cap per month on data downloads. I know that *this* alone won't get me there, but with other things I do, I'd like to keep the downloads down to a minimum).

Any other suggestions? Can anyone explain to me - in non-tech English - what's going on? Is this a problem with the file I'm downloading (getting corrupted somehow or did my OS go wonky?)

BTW, I'm getting tired and cranky - so I'll probably go to sleep and check on this in the am.

thanks for trying drink, but I've re-downloaded about 5 times. No change. (note: my only internet connection is Sprint Mobile Broadband and there's a 5GB cap per month on data downloads. I know that *this* alone won't get me there, but with other things I do, I'd like to keep the downloads down to a minimum).

Any other suggestions? Can anyone explain to me - in non-tech English - what's going on? Is this a problem with the file I'm downloading (getting corrupted somehow or did my OS go wonky?)

BTW, I'm getting tired and cranky - so I'll probably go to sleep and check on this in the am.

From the error message, itself, it sounds like you have a corrupted download which is why I suggested re-downloading the installer and installing it again. Something seems to be corrupting your download of the installer hence a botched installation.

From the error message, itself, it sounds like you have a corrupted download which is why I suggested re-downloading the installer and installing it again. Something seems to be corrupting your download of the installer hence a botched installation.

Thanks Drink for being so responsive.

I got the problem fixed this morning. Here's what I did.

After doing some research, I decided to download Windows Installer 4.5 from MS (Hotfix KB942288-v3-x86-exe). But, on the off chance something was corrupting my downloads on my home PC, I downloaded (saved) Windows Installer 4.5 using my laptop to a USB flash drive.

I also downloaded (saved) SetupAnyDVD6522.exe to the USB flash drive using the laptop. It seems that maybe Firefox wasn't actually downloading from the Slysoft's site to my home PC when I kept trying to "download" it.

Moved Windows Installer 4.5 and SetupAnyDVD6522 from the USB flash drive to my home PC's desktop. Installed Windows Installer 4.5 and restarted the home PC. Installed SetupAnyDVD6522 and this time it completed the install no problem.

To be honest, I'm not sure which part of the above actually *fixed* my problem. I'm a liar . . . er, lawyer by day and only play computer tech after staying at a Holiday Inn. I'm posting this in case someone else runs across the same problem. Hope this helps them (and thanks again DrinkLyeandDie!!).

Back