• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Install error in Windows 7 Beta

cjbrown80

I'm assuming the Windows 7 Beta isn't supported yet, but here's an error I received upon trying to install my GameJackalPro.

Error Creating Registry Key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlySoft\GameJackal
RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 1021
Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key

Any info would be helpful or at least a heads-up as to when there will be GameJackal support for Windows 7 beta.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Windows 7 is very similar looking to Vista, but is way cooler. It boots about twice as fast, and seems to have native support for lots of peripherals already. The only drivers I had to install were for my dual 8800GT cards and my SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer. No MOBO drivers required as of yet and it's running very stable.

I just did a re-install of Windows 7 and this time Game Jackal installed perfectly. Don't know what the difference was, but it's workin fine now. Crysis works so far and I'm about to try Flight Sim X and Civ IV: Colonization.:rock:

Is it true that you have to do a clean install of Windows 7? As in you cannot install it over top of Vista or XP?

Don't know actually. I always do clean installs though just to be safe. And it helps in over all hard disk health to format them once in a while, which necessitates a clean install. Apparently the beta download period is over, but apparently if you write an email to MS and ask nicely, they can provide you with a way to get it. And anyone with a technet subsrciption can get it still which is how I got it. So if you have the means, I recommend giving it a go.

Back