• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Hulu error "not available with your subscription"

Sierra-Yolo

This error seems to come and go. Trying to stream the program "Air Disasters" on Hulu I am again getting the
not available with your subscription error. I have managed to get 4 seasons up to this point but after some time I am blocked.
The last time this happened, the second update of AS fixed it for a few weeks.
Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.0.2.astlog
    133.1 KB · Views: 1
did you check if they're available on the hulu site itself under your plan. I'm not familiar with hulu but i do believe certain titles are only available under certain (adfree) plans

did you check if they're available on the hulu site itself under your plan. I'm not familiar with hulu but i do believe certain titles are only available under certain (adfree) plans
Yep, that's the way it works.:)

Yep, that's the way it works.:)

That is definitely a possibility. When I go to the Hulu website and search, that series shows a small lock in the lower left of the image. In addition, this series indicates that I can add the live TV upsell to watch.

This may be a recent change to the live-TV category as I was able to load several seasons up to about a week ago. In addition when I first subscribed to Hulu, I was able to load a season without problem. about 2 months after that initial load, the not available error came up. A check of the AS forum found a post with a similar problem that indicated the problem went away after a install of a new AS version.

For me the block went away after an AS update for a couple of weeks.

Bottom line, I will check after each new AS update and hope for the best.

That is definitely a possibility. When I go to the Hulu website and search, that series shows a small lock in the lower left of the image. In addition, this series indicates that I can add the live TV upsell to watch.

This may be a recent change to the live-TV category as I was able to load several seasons up to about a week ago. In addition when I first subscribed to Hulu, I was able to load a season without problem. about 2 months after that initial load, the not available error came up. A check of the AS forum found a post with a similar problem that indicated the problem went away after a install of a new AS version.

For me the block went away after an AS update for a couple of weeks.

Bottom line, I will check after each new AS update and hope for the best.
Hopefully a update will fix it. I can not access the show when doing a search or Air Crash Investigation either.

I was able to get a lot of things before but now they moved it to Hulu Live. You need to get the Live Version to access a lot of titles.

This move by Hulu is like me going to the store one day for a can of beans. The next day I go back for another can of beans. But then find I have to pay an additional fee if I want more than an empty can.

This move by Hulu is like me going to the store one day for a can of beans. The next day I go back for another can of beans. But then find I have to pay an additional fee if I want more than an empty can.
That is true; the live version is much more expensive then without live TV.

That is true; the live version is much more expensive then without live TV.

Well it's more insidious then that in my opinion. It used to be they had X amount of titles for Y price. Then to make money out of thin air they now offer 2/3's of X for Y price. And if you want all the titles you now need to pay Y x 3 price.

Well it's more insidious then that in my opinion. It used to be they had X amount of titles for Y price. Then to make money out of thin air they now offer 2/3's of X for Y price. And if you want all the titles you now need to pay Y x 3 price.
In the US the Live Version is $69.99 a month; I got a special at Christmas time with ads for a dollar a month. I doubt they will have that next year! It comes with Disney Plus ESPN plus and 75 Live channels though.

$69.99 a month
Then I would never buy that version, if it would come to germany one day. Per year yes, but not per month. And I don't need the channels, I can already watch TV without it (what I rarely do), so...

Then I would never buy that version, if it would come to germany one day. Per year yes, but not per month. And I don't need the channels, I can already watch TV without it (what I rarely do), so...
I never would buy it either. I use an antenna for live TV; That is the same price almost as cable TV. That's why people cut the cord and stream things. Samsung TV Plus also has a lot of channels that you can stream.

Last edited:
Let's get Peacock perfect first, what I want is not what the program gets, it's what the customers want, we select things based on how enjoyable it will be to the many, not the few.:)
That is exactly how it should be done. Thanks for the great work you are doing!

we select things based on how enjoyable it will be to the many, not the few
But don't forget that sometimes a feature can still be very important or helpful, even if only a few want it.

I will refer to the exras or the Imax stuff on D+ for this. As of now there is no way to download it. I know that the other program can download the extras, at least it offered me both trailers when I opened Rings of Power with it, but I cannot test and don't know about Imax on D+ since I don't have it right now.
So either you have to get the other program or you cannot download it at all.

I of course know that things like the interactive specials might be more complicated to implement, and that you prefer to add another entire provider instead of that, since it is a lot of work and there are only a few things with this interactive content. So in that case it is more useful to add the provider instead of these.
I can fully understand if you don't do it now, but you should at least not forget or even deny the other things entirely.

Or, in other words: Sure, for many the new provider will be useful, but for others (for me in that case) they can't even use the provider or they are not interested in it. For them, the extras or the Imax content would be better as it unlocks more content on a site they already have.

So sometimes you can't really know what would be the better option, because there are always people that can need the one thing, but not the other.

But don't forget that sometimes a feature can still be very important or helpful, even if only a few want it.
If it was an easy and simple addition, maybe, but remember every time you change something or add something there is a risk of it breaking or changing something else. We always take into account the availability of the content to as many subscribers as we have and also might attract it in the future.

I will refer to the extras or the Imax stuff on D+ for this. As of now there is no way to download it. but I cannot test and don't know about Imax on D+ since I don't have it right now.

FYI on the iMax Disney stuff, you can actually get that at least on the Marvel stuff. I think it's purely accidental, even Pete gets lucky :), but it works none the less. It had to do with a UI change on Disney's side, now the iMax version shows up on the main page as the default and AS picks that one up as being available. To get the original widescreen version you have to click on the versions tab below to see both and select it from there which still can't be done just like before. Basically the opposite behavior since Disney's change.

I will refer to the exras or the Imax stuff on D+ for this. As of now there is no way to download it. I know that the other program can download the extras, at least it offered me both trailers when I opened Rings of Power with it, but I cannot test and don't know about Imax on D+ since I don't have it right now.
So either you have to get the other program or you cannot download it at all.

I of course know that things like the interactive specials might be more complicated to implement, and that you prefer to add another entire provider instead of that, since it is a lot of work and there are only a few things with this interactive content. So in that case it is more useful to add the provider instead of these.
I can fully understand if you don't do it now, but you should at least not forget or even deny the other things entirely.

Or, in other words: Sure, for many the new provider will be useful, but for others (for me in that case) they can't even use the provider or they are not interested in it. For them, the extras or the Imax content would be better as it unlocks more content on a site they already have.

So sometimes you can't really know what would be the better option, because there are always people that can need the one thing, but not the other.
Rings Of Power I can download the bonus but not the 3 trailers.

Back