• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] How do I erase a disk I have used for movies.

Vinnster

Hello,

I have a DVD+RW I used as a back of a movie. I would now like to use it as for storing regular files, but I can't erase it. I have tried Windows Disk Manager and other methods, but none have worked. I have registered versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

I did look at the FAQ and search.

Thank you.

Have you tried to just overwrite it?
-W

Do you have any virtual CD software running in the background like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%? If so, disable the "Ignore Media Type" option. The computer will then see your +RW for what it really is.

Do you have any virtual CD software running in the background like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%? If so, disable the "Ignore Media Type" option. The computer will then see your +RW for what it really is.

No Virtual CD software is installed. In fact it is a fresh install of XP. Also, the DVD is still good becasue the movie on it plays just fine.

Put the disk in question in IMGBURN and verify it is a DVD-RW disk and not a standard DVD-5 or a DVD-9 disk.

Also, I would not use rewritable disks for movies, use a standard DVD-5 (4.7gb) or a DVD-9 dual layer (8.5gb). Much cheaper

Also, I would not use rewritable disks for movies, use a standard DVD-5 (4.7gb) or a DVD-9 dual layer (8.5gb). Much cheaper

That statement is entirely subjective. And dependant on how many times you can overwrite one DVD. :D

-W

Hello,

I have a DVD+RW I used as a back of a movie. I would now like to use it as for storing regular files, but I can't erase it. I have tried Windows Disk Manager and other methods, but none have worked. I have registered versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

I did look at the FAQ and search.

Thank you.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed

You can try erasing the disc--and then formatting the disc.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a different drive--or even try sticking the disc out in the sun for several hours (yes, I'm serious).

It's also possible the disc is dead.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed

You can try erasing the disc--and then formatting the disc.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a different drive--or even try sticking the disc out in the sun for several hours (yes, I'm serious).

It's also possible the disc is dead.

That did it. Thank you.

Back