• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Help a senior citizen please!

hodges69

Have used your products for years....but this problem has me stumped...
Just bought an external dvd drive which my computer assigned to drive e...

I was using the internal dvd player (IMAC with windows support) and that was drive D..

while I can use drive e for uploading the temporary file....I can only burn using drive D..
There HAS to be a setting to sync this,but for the life of me,I cannot find one....
Any suggestions???
Thanks...

Help a senior citizen please!

Just bought an external DVD drive.which my IMAC(in windows mode) assigned
to drive e...
The internal drive is drive D which I have been using very successfully...
However,whenever I copy,(using the external)the temporary files are fine...set to drive E...but the problem comes in the burning portion which insists on setting to drive D...
I know there HAS to be a setting somewhere that wil correct this problem...
but where??? It is driving me crazy!
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
T:agree:hanks

I am really unfamiliar with trying to run the software on a Mac. I'm assuming you are using Boot Camp or virtualization software. This may lead to some issues simply by its nature.

Nonetheless, when you are going through the process when you get to the burn setup stage are you specifically selecting the new external E drive? Is it not showing up at all?

Refer to the image below:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DVD.jpg
    DVD.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 53
First of all..thanks for the response...

And no,I am not seeing it at all.....I am given no choice whatsoever....that is the frustrating part...
As far as issues with the IMAC...I have been running AnyDvd,by switching over to the Windpws XP operating system since last summer...and have had not a single problem...
I am far from computer knowledgeable.....but it seems I am obviously overlooking something in not being able to find the setting(s) I would need in both the Preferences or Setup screens....

First of all..thanks for the response...

And no,I am not seeing it at all.....I am given no choice whatsoever....that is the frustrating part...
As far as issues with the IMAC...I have been running AnyDvd,by switching over to the Windpws XP operating system since last summer...and have had not a single problem...
I am far from computer knowledgeable.....but it seems I am obviously overlooking something in not being able to find the setting(s) I would need in both the Preferences or Setup screens....

I'm really not sure where to begin. Are you even able to rip copy a disc that is initially placed in the E drive or does the E drive just not show up when you go to burn.

I'm also confused about when you said that the temporary files are on the E drive. Temporary files are written to a hard drive and not a DVD drive.

I really have no solid knowledge in the day-to-day use of a Mac these days and no personal experience running AnyDVD or CloneDVD on one. Some other forum users may be able to offer advice on this. You might also try contact Slysoft Support directly but, in the end, I'm not sure how easy this may or may not be to resolve. The software isn't normally used under the conditions that you use it under.

Slysoft Support: http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html

Lets start simple:

Can you access the external optical drive through windows explorer, can you play a DVD from it in Windows, can you burn a disk using it in Windows?

Thanks for the responses.....
Long story short.....problem solved.....I really don;t understand howI did it....just played around and ...Voila!
Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket?:)
Again,my thanks for your resonses

Back