• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] HBOMax - Subtitles missing "Missing fields in subtitle"

SystemIdleProcess

Was going through Big Bang Theory and all of the sudden subtitles aren't available with a "Missing fields in subtitle" warning in the log. Went back to ones that were showing and now they aren't showing any available also. Log attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.0.1.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Was going through Big Bang Theory and all of the sudden subtitles aren't available with a "Missing fields in subtitle" warning in the log. Went back to ones that were showing and now they aren't showing any available also. Log attached.
Thanks for the log file.

Same exact problem with HBO MAX Wonder Woman (TV Show Series-1970s) subtitles are no longer available, but they were available a few days ago. I downloaded episodes from Seasons 1, 2, and 3 with subtitles a few days ago. Now zero subtitles are available for these exact same episodes.

I've noticed that there are a lot of titles missing subtitles on HM today.

I've noticed that there are a lot of titles missing subtitles on HM today.
same experience here.

edit: I don't see a single title on hbo max with subtitles on version 1.2.0.1 at the moment

Last edited:
When I had a sub to HBOMax through my cable provider I noticed subtitle support was twitchy more often than not. Missing subs, subs that disappeared after being displayed for a very short period of time, subs that never showed up at all.

This had nothing to do with my decision to drop the sub, that was because it was way too expensive for what little content I did watch.

Same exact problem with HBO MAX Wonder Woman (TV Show Series-1970s) subtitles are no longer available, but they were available a few days ago. I downloaded episodes from Seasons 1, 2, and 3 with subtitles a few days ago. Now zero subtitles are available for these exact same episodes.

To be clear this problem is with the AnyStream software and not HBO Max (in my case). I'm watching the episodes (listed above) on HBOMax and all of the episodes have subtitles and they work properly. For some strange reason AnyStream is no longer grabbing subtitles from tons of episodes from this TV series. Not sure if other shows are impacted or not, but the show I'm downloading is severely impacted. And it is really weird because a few days ago subtitles for this exact same TV show were showing up in AnyStream. Hopefully, the AnyStream developers can troubleshoot this and figure out why this is happening now, but wasn't happening a few days ago.

I have the same issue. Started downloads last night - they all had the subtitles. This morning, none. I went back and re-grabbed one I had previously downloaded yesterday and it no longer has subtitles. Guessing HBM 'tweaked' something and we'll need another AS update to correct...

What you think is the same issue may not be. Please leave a log file as the OP did.

I observed this issue as well starting yesterday. It appeared to have happened mid day. Several downloads were fine, subtitles were an option to include. However, suddenly the option to include subtitles went missing. I flipped to Netflix and Hulu and the option was present there, but it remained missing for HBO Max. Note: I am not talking about the download itself, I am talking about the dialogue Anystream has to select the option to include subtitles. With HBO Max, the option to select subtitles is missing from the download window.

I suspect HBO made a change to their streaming format where subtitles are concerned.

Oh wow that is impressive that you figured out what the problem is. I have never heard of either of those formats before. Great job. Hopefully, James can find a workaround/fix.

HBO Max has changed their subtitles format from ttml (xml) to vtt (WebVTT). That's why AS can't "find" the subtitles anymore. Hope they'll fix it in the next update.

Nice catch! I've found all subtitles missing this AM.. glad to see others saw and and that someone figured out what happened, too!

Yeah, I'm surprised the latest update did not address this issue. Hopefully, they are at least aware of this and looking into potential workarounds.

I'm sure they are.. they're not only the developers.. I'm sure they're users, too.. :)

Back