• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] HBOMax "SIGN IN WITH A PROVIDER" gives error

FrostByteX

When signing in to use HBOMax, I chose the option "SIGN IN WITH A PROVIDER" and enter my credentials, then receive the error message "Something's gone wrong" (attached). I realize that's an AT&T error as opposed to an error within AnyStream, but curious why I can sign into my account from my browser without issue on the same computer, but from within AnyStream I receive the error (since AnyStream seems to pull the saved username and password from my browser). Curious if it's something about referrer or what. Please help.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_LogIn_2.png
    AnyStream_LogIn_2.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 6
When signing in to use HBOMax, I chose the option "SIGN IN WITH A PROVIDER" and enter my credentials, then receive the error message "Something's gone wrong" (attached). I realize that's an AT&T error as opposed to an error within AnyStream, but curious why I can sign into my account from my browser without issue on the same computer, but from within AnyStream I receive the error (since AnyStream seems to pull the saved username and password from my browser). Curious if it's something about referrer or what. Please help.

This is the workaround we have been using as referenced from an older post. I was not the person that originally discovered the ability to remove the need for a provider login step and posted it, but it's good information to keep repeating. :)

- Close AS.
- Use a web browser to login to hbomax using the 3rd party provider authentication.
- Go to the hbomax account information. There it will list your email address and an option to set a password.
- Set a password. You no longer need to use the 3rd party credentials to login to hbomax.
- Open AS and login to hbomax using the email and password from the account page.

Last edited:
This is the workaround we have been using as referenced from an older post. I was not the person that originally discovered the ability to remove the need for a provider login step and posted it, but it's good information to keep repeating. :)

- Close AS.
- Use a web browser to login to hbomax using the 3rd party provider authentication.
- Go to the hbomax account information. There it will list your email address and an option to set a password.
- Set a password. You no longer need to use the 3rd party credentials to login to hbomax.
- Open AS and login to hbomax using the email and password from the account page.

That worked! I combed through several pages of the forum and didn't see any reference to signing in via provider, but perhaps I should've dug deeper.

Thank you!

That worked! I combed through several pages of the forum and didn't see any reference to signing in via provider, but perhaps I should've dug deeper.

Thank you!

You are very welcome. Glad this one is an easy workaround. :)

- Close AS.

Yup...you can also create an account using any email and then link it to your provider account in account settings.

Thanks for the help Kevin and Jim, I had thought we made this a sticky. :(

I was having this problem, and tried the same workaround, and it didn't work. When I enter the password and press the login button, the button greys, then goes back to normal, but I'm not logged in.

Has it stopped working for some people?

EDIT: Actually, it worked, but I had to re-enter the account and password again, several times, and it finally took. I'm sure I was entering everything correctly. This is weird...

- Tim

I was having this problem, and tried the same workaround, and it didn't work. When I enter the password and press the login button, the button greys, then goes back to normal, but I'm not logged in.

Has it stopped working for some people?

EDIT: Actually, it worked, but I had to re-enter the account and password again, several times, and it finally took. I'm sure I was entering everything correctly. This is weird...

- Tim
HBOMAX seems to be having issues since their recent expansion.....

Back