• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] HBOMax nolonger does 4k

phreddrick69

So with version 1.2.0.1, I was happily surprised that I was able to get 4k stream downloads from HBOmax, now that I've installed. 1.2.1.0, that seems to be gone, did it just happen to work before and I was lucky, or did a setting change that I need to turn on again?

It's still there. Make sure that you select the HEVC codec.
Does this actually reduce the size at all? Just curious? Before , was taking up about 9 gigs/hr (for The Suicide Squad), just curious if HEVC reduces this at all.

Does this actually reduce the size at all?
I'm not sure that the 4K videos were ever AVC. I have given up downloading anything higher than 1080p as I'm the guy on a metered connection - just over 1TB per month. But these 4K videos on HBO Max can take over 20 gig.

I'm not sure that the 4K videos were ever AVC.
I just did a check. Based on Filebot renaming, these were h265 to begin with. I thought 18 gigs was a bit low for 4k. So, yeah, this has always been hevc, it's just made more clear now :)

I'm not sure that the 4K videos were ever AVC. I have given up downloading anything higher than 1080p as I'm the guy on a metered connection - just over 1TB per month. But these 4K videos on HBO Max can take over 20 gig.

Wow 20gb is really small for 4k. I have some 1080P stuff I keep lossless and it's over 30gb. My lossless 4k stuff is 60gb+. Super interesting for sure though.

Wow 20gb is really small for 4k
I'm sure you are right, DQ. I misspoke. On HBO MAX, you have resolutions in between 1080p and 4K, and the 20 gig figure I used was for any of the resolutions above 1080p - and frankly, I never tried 4K because I knew it was too large a file size to justify.

Reactions: DQ
I'm sure you are right, DQ. I misspoke. On HBO MAX, you have resolutions in between 1080p and 4K, and the 20 gig figure I used was for any of the resolutions above 1080p - and frankly, I never tried 4K because I knew it was too large a file size to justify.

No worries. Yeah 4k is so large it's almost unwieldy. And I personally find that even with the larger file size it does not always make that big a difference. Just depends on the title. Some 4k titles I go WOW and some I go meh.

Back