• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Freezing/Lagging Issue

jd3

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with CloneDVD. First of all, it's lagging quite a bit at startup. Beyond that, it's freezing during the read portion somewhere between 2-4%. I'm using the current versions of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I've uninstalled both, run CCleaner, Glary Utilities and manually removed any remaining registry entries for both before reinstalling. I even removed the keys from this computer after backing them up on the laptop, before reinstalling. Reregistering both shows ok, but the issue is persistent nonetheless. This issue has come up with numerous different, original, perfect condition, DVD's. I've attached the AnyDVD log on an attempt with Poltergeist this morning. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_D_POLTERGEIST.zip
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
it's lagging quite a bit at startup.
For me, it takes 1 second to launch CloneDVD2.
Try running Windows defragmenter (Disk Defragmenter) to see if that helps. On Windows XP, it's found under start>All Programs>Accesories>System Tools.
I'm using the current versions of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD.
The latest version of AnyDVD is 6.8.5.12 beta.

Last edited:
I updated AnyDVD. Defragmenting the hard drive wasn't necessary. Auto defrag is set up, but I checked anyway and it was at 0% and zipped right through. Also, sorry I forgot to mention in the first post, I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. I've tried moving everything to the laptop and am experiencing no issues there. The lag I experience at start up, isn't precisely at startup of the program, sorry for not being clearer. That lag is experienced with the program running when setting up the read/write process. I attempted with the same disc again and had similar results. I've added the log from that attempt. Thank you for helping.

Here's the log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.12_Info_D_POLTERGEIST.zip
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
I figured it out. Hardware issue.

Back