• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Errors on Vista x64

SnowmanDK

Hi all.

I have had GameJackal Pro for several years, but has not used it for quite a while.
Now when I wanted to install it, I have problems.

First thing I did was to download latest stable version (v3.2.1.4)
Then I requested a new key, just to make sure that worked (and got it).

My operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate x64, fully updated (SP2)
I made sure that all files are not blocked due to security, and that they are run as administrator.

Error 1:
Already during installation I get the error shown in the first attachment.
It's in Danish, I know, but it says that I can not create a permanent subkey in a temporary parent key.

Why do I get that?

Error 2:
Even after I got the error during installation, it starts up fine, so I wanted to register the program.
But I only get the error shown in the second attachment.

What to do?

Attachments

• gamejackal_error1.jpg
    gamejackal_error1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3
  • gamejackal_error2.jpg
    gamejackal_error2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 3
Something is locking your registry. The installer uses standard a installation system, and provide it is run with admin access all should be fine.

You could try manually creating the keys first via regedit and then reinstalling (if you need help with this let me know).

You could try manually creating the keys first

I actually did try creating the keys, and I had no problems doing that, but I must admit that I didn't try to install again after... I created them while the error was on the screen and then clicked "retry".

Another thing that comes to mind... Shouldn't it create them under Wow6432?
If I can count on the error message to be exact then it doesn't...

I'll test some more tomorrow... Getting late here (have to get up in 6 hours)...

Problem solved... I found out I had some sector errors on my harddisk. After a repair it worked well... Case closed :)

Back