• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] error with writing DVDs...

brandon_2385

I read and searched most of the forums for this error and didn't find anything unless I looked over it.

I recently was using my laptop with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2...everything worked fine until the window prompted to insert a writable DVD-R(W) and I immediately got an error "CloneDVD2 W2" to the effect of "cannot get access to drive."

I have the new driver for my firmware but with (Dance of the Dead: see attachment) and all the DVDs I've tried it still failed to write. I get the same error.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_DANCE_OF_THE_DEAD.zip
    91.9 KB · Views: 3
From your logs:

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

This can sometimes lead to problems. Be aware of that. It doesn't work with all discs. Considering that you are having a problem it would be wise to go into your AnyDVD settings and hit the Default button to reset AnyDVD to use the default settings.

You have problematic filters installed. You should remove them:

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 8.10.42.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 8.10.42a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 9.5.2.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright © 2006 Roxio
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 9.05.02a

1. Create a backup of your registry
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "DRVMCDB". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Select "DLACDBHM". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  6. Reboot

Whatever programs installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083

You should read that entire post but in particular scroll down to point 9:

9. I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

• Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim Datalife Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, TDK B-grade junk sold from Costcos, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, etc. that are not made in Japan.
    For +R DL blank media use Verbatim (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x only.
  • Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)
  • Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this
  • Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, drag to disc, DLA, etc.): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15537
  • Click this and read

I've addressed the packet-writing issue already.

Last edited:
thanks! that worked. I set the defaults back in place on AnyDVD and backed up my registry and deleted those files.

Also, I noticed too the CD or DVD-R does not get stuck in the drive and disappear from device manager when I deleted those system files.

I was using DVD+/-R DL instead of DVD-5 for writing.

Anyway to increase the quality besides getting rid of the subtitles, etc.?

Thanks so much Drink...I appreciate it tons and you've saved me an hour of troubleshooting!

thanks! that worked. I set the defaults back in place on AnyDVD and backed up my registry and deleted those files.

Also, I noticed too the CD or DVD-R does not get stuck in the drive and disappear from device manager when I deleted those system files.

This is definitely good to news. :)

I was using DVD+/-R DL instead of DVD-5 for writing.

Anyway to increase the quality besides getting rid of the subtitles, etc.?

If you make a DVD-9 original fit on a DVD-5 blank then you have to remove something. Most new movies will still require some compression if you remove everything else on the disc including extras, trailers, additional audio streams, sub-titles, etc. Sub-titles actually take up not much room at all. It's the extra audio tracks that can really gobble up space. If you only need the English audio stream for a movie then there is no reason to keep the others. This really applies to whatever language you need. If you don't need others then don't preserve them unless they are necessary for properly watching the movie. When transcoding/compressing from DVD-9 to DVD-5 you are compressing the video but the audio doesn't get compressed. So, obviously, you give away quality of video while the audio remains the same. Any unnecessary audio streams should be removed to retain as much quality as possible when compressing/transcoding. In the end, however, no matter how you do it in the majority of cases you are losing quality when you go start with a DVD-9 original and make a DVD-5 backup. In a minority of cases when you have removed all the garbage trailers and unnecessary audio streams there are some discs that do fit on a DVD-5 blank without requiring any compression whatsoever.

If you want the best quality possible then stick with using DVD-9 (DL) blanks. Obviously, you don't want to waste a DVD DL blank when backing up an original SL DVD so you want some SL DVD blanks on hand, as well.

Thanks so much Drink...I appreciate it tons and you've saved me an hour of troubleshooting!

I'm glad you resolved the problem. :)

I would have to have a dual layer DVD drive for the DVD-9s to work, right?

I don't think my Dell laptop has a dual-layer DVD drive. So no way a DVD-9 would work without a dual-layer drive?

I would have to have a dual layer DVD drive for the DVD-9s to work, right?

I don't think my Dell laptop has a dual-layer DVD drive. So no way a DVD-9 would work without a dual-layer drive?

To make DL backups your burner must support burning to DL media.

Refer here for your drive specs: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/P117843/en/spec.htm

You can write to DVD+R DL media but your drive does not support writing to DVD-R DL media. So, you'd need to purchase DVD+R DL media were you to make DVD-9 backups.

Last edited:
Back