• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] DVD2 & director's commentary

Jasper

Hi, I just registered in order to submit my experience with this problem. I've been using Clone DVD2(ver:2.9.2.2) & AnyDVD for quite a long while. Once in a while I still come across a video where the commentary cannot be eliminated. I also have & use Power DVD, and have never seen the referred to list of audio files where one should be able to eliminate the director's commentary. The same is true of CloneDVD2. The posts I have looked at & read say otherwise, but I haven't been able to resolve this issue. Any further help is badly needed & would be greatly appreciated. Jasper

Hi, I just registered in order to submit my experience with this problem. I've been using Clone DVD2(ver:2.9.2.2) & AnyDVD for quite a long while. Once in a while I still come across a video where the commentary cannot be eliminated. I also have & use Power DVD, and have never seen the referred to list of audio files where one should be able to eliminate the director's commentary.

This is not a reference to audio files. It's a reference to audio selections. Obviously if you choose an audio selection in Powerdvd (right click while a movie is playing, and look at the various audio language selections) and get director's commentary, you should then know what to not include in Clonedvd.

sshot10gi5.png

(Zebadee's screenshot)

Obviously choosing AC-3/2, in this example, is not a good idea.

DVD2 & director's commentary

Hi WEBSLINGER, thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to have chosen the wrong term in trying to explain the problem, it does pertain to audio selections. The strange thing is, in DVD2 under Audio & subtitle settings in the right hand window under Stream preferences, I only show audio languages, then below that, audio channels, and finally below that, subtitle languages. I do not have the choice relating to director's commentary as shown in the screenshot in the post. So now the question is, is there a problem with my copy of DVD2? I tried to attach a screenshot of what I have in my copy of DVD2. Hopefully you can see it. Thanks... Jasper

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 39
Jasper said:
So now the question is, is there a problem with my copy of DVD2?

No. Sometimes a dvd's information will not include specific labels for the audio streams.
Clonedvd only reports what it reads.

However, you should be using Clonedvd 2.9.2.6 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302
Look at step #3. That won't change anything with respect to your troubles with selecting the proper audio, however.

attachment.php

See, the problem in your screenshot is that you have the 2 channel director's comments selected. Essentially, you've made the wrong audio choice. On the left hand side, unselect "English Dolby AC-3/2". You'll notice that corresponds with "2 channels" under "Audio channels" on the right hand side. Those two selections I just mentioned correspond with the Director's audio comments.

What you want under "Audio Streams" is to select "English Dolby AC-3/6". On the right hand side "6 channels" should be selected. Those two selections correspond with the actual movie soundtrack.

In Powerdvd, if you select English 2 channel (stereo), you'll get director's comments. If you select English 5.1 (or 6 channel audio), you'll get the main movie. Therefore, in Clonedvd, select the English 6 channel audio.

"Dolby AC-3" refers to the audio codec used. What comes after the "/" is the number of audio channels. Typically director's comments are in two channel stereo. So the "2" after AC-3 tells you it's only stereo audio and not 5.1 (or 6 channels). In this case, "English Dolby AC-3/2" is the wrong choice if you do not want director's comments.

Thank you for posting the screenshot, by the way. That makes things much easier to understand. :clap:

Last edited:
DVD2 & director's commentary

Hi WEBSLINGER, yes after sending the last message & screenshot, I discovered that very thing using PowerDVD. Now a new wrinkle has reared it's head. After writing to the hard drive, DVD2 is showing that the file is too large to copy/write. It is around 6+mb in size. Isn't there an automatic compression done to fit a movie onto a disc? I also tried copying movie only(minus previews,etc.), but still get the file is too large message. Jasper

Select DVD-5 on the "Title Configuration" dialog, like in this screenshot from Zebadee:

sshot5pi3.png

Zebadee's particular screenshot here may be a little better (look at where the cursor is):

sshot7cq1.png

Select "dvd-5" (dvd-5 is for single layer dvd blanks)

Re: commentary & new glitch

Hi, Mike R & Webslinger. I'm extremely grateful for your assistance & guidance in these matters. Both problems have been solved due to your experience & willingness to help! Thank you very, very much. I wish you all my best.... Jasper

Back