• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved ]Duplicate episode numbers cause undownloadable episodes

Secrets of Universe.jpg There 8 episodes and 6 are downloadable. For some odd reason, Amazon misnumbered the episodes. They have done this on many occasions. These were meant to be watched not downloaded, I often wonder whether this was done purposely. In any case, AS will only download what it scans, and if the scanning detects 2 X episodes V5, and 2 X V6 it will only download one. This is an Amazon error. We cannot renumber the episodes nor can we fix what Amazon has done either purposely or by mistake. I have sent this to the developers to see if something can be done.

Last edited:
I haven't run into this issue, but just wondering if you could download one of the duplicates, rename the file, then download the other episode? Might be a workaround until it is fixed by devs.

I haven't run into this issue, but just wondering if you could download one of the duplicates, rename the file, then download the other episode? Might be a workaround until it is fixed by devs.
Maybe I am a little slow but I have no idea how Amazon would know that the file was renamed after it was downloaded. You cant rename the file before, that's impossible.:(

Maybe I am a little slow but I have no idea how Amazon would know that the file was renamed after it was downloaded. You cant rename the file before, that's impossible.:(

That's what I was referring to - Rename the file after it's downloaded (manually), then download the other one with the same episode number.

The issue isn't the Anystream overwrites one file for another (you could add the ep title to the filename and you could avoid the issue). Anystream sees the same ep number multiple times and discards all but one of them (possibly assuming it to be a duplicate). Renaming the file and redownloading will only get you two copies of the same episode.

The issue isn't the Anystream overwrites one file for another (you could add the ep title to the filename and you could avoid the issue). Anystream sees the same ep number multiple times and discards all but one of them (possibly assuming it to be a duplicate). Renaming the file and redownloading will only get you two copies of the same episode.
Correct.;)

Back