• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] "Confused" Transformers2 Canada

Unless you untick the french and spanish audio and submenues the file is too big as the end result is a 4.71 gig ISO.

Even if you compress? Then that's a compression limitation on Shrink's end.

The thing is that you can unselect stuff, whereas klopf claims to not be able to. So I think there's some issue on klopf's end since you're both using the same disc, and since you can figure out what to do.

Correct. I was asked to test if I had the same disc and did so. If the user does as I posted to do then they can make a backup. If they choose not to or can't I recommend they get CloneDVD2. Shrink has outlived its expectency but was a great program in its days. Time to move on away from that old program or just use CloneDVD2 first to rip and such.

No. There isn't. Either you didn't do what Drinklyeanddie wrote--or you're simply doing something wrong.

Also, you can typically ignore that "too big" message in Shrink.

I think Drinklyeanddie is looking into this further; I did ignore the "too big" message in Shrink and when trying to backup, the single layer media would not copy. Again, after ripping with AnyDVD and importing with DVDShrink, I can only see titles not sub menues to untick. So I'm not sure where one has simply done something wrong, unless it's program related.

Thanks Pelvis Popcan for the snap pop and crackle. Really interested in the support given by drinklyeanddie (thank you!) and any further findings to this issue.

Except of course Charlie, that he last compressor in the world one would want to use on movies that require a lot of compression is CloneDVD2's compressor. :(

But back to the point at hand. It seems the OP user is having trouble iether re-authoring for the main movie - or unticking "extra" streams. All of which should be straightforward SOP to those used to using iether Shrink or CloneDVD2. My instict is that it's unlikely an AnyDVD issue. The sheer size of that movie - coupled with the fact that there's always a lot of pixels in motion at the same time - make that title particularly difficult to compress. I know that I used Shrink to rip the Main Movie out of the AnyDVD rip and because it was so big - I compressed it to 4.35 just to see if it would. - It did.
I did not try the whole disk... but even so - I'm sure I could have done it in 2 passes at very worst.

-W

Last edited:
I think Drinklyeanddie is looking into this further

I am privy to everything that Drinklyeanddie is aware of. Also, an acquaintance has this disk and has no issues at all. Charlie has this exact same disc and managed to remove stuff in Shrink.

Last edited:
Except of course Charlie, that he last compressor in the world one would want to use on movies that require a lot of compression is CloneDVD2's compressor.

Well, you can use it as a pre-processor to remove stuff before using Shrink or whatever program you want . . .

I know that I used Shrink to rip the Main Movie out of the AnyDVD rip and because it was so big - I compressed it to 4.35 just to see if it would. - It did.

O.k., so you managed to unselect stuff and generally had no problems. So, I'm not sure why klopf is having issues--unless he didn't remove do the stuff that Drinklyeanddie told him to.

My instict is that it's unlikely an AnyDVD issue.

Anydvd handles this disc perfectly fine. /shrug

Last edited:
I think Drinklyeanddie is looking into this further; I did ignore the "too big" message in Shrink and when trying to backup, the single layer media would not copy. Again, after ripping with AnyDVD and importing with DVDShrink, I can only see titles not sub menues to untick. So I'm not sure where one has simply done something wrong, unless it's program related.

Thanks Pelvis Popcan for the snap pop and crackle. Really interested in the support given by drinklyeanddie (thank you!) and any further findings to this issue.

I made some inquiries and wanted to see if other people could duplicate the problem you were having. Charlie was able to replicate your situation and he was also able to resolve it. The problem in this situation is not AnyDVD. Unfortunately, the problem is an issue with DVD Shrink.

You have a few options with regard to this issue:

1. Ignore the error message. Some say it works fine if you ignore it. Personally, I don't like ignoring error messages so I wouldn't select this option.
  2. Do as instructed by Charlie and deselect content that isn't needed after importing into DVD Shrink and then compress. It works.
  3. Purchase a license for CloneDVD. There will be people who say that the transcoding quality is better using DVD Shrink than CloneDVD. I'm simply not going to debate that issue because it's unrelated to this matter and my advice. Use CloneDVD to rip movies to your HDD while deselecting the audio, sub-titles, etc, that you don't want. After doing this then use DVD Shrink for compression. This should resolve the issue.

For awhile there was an issue with certain discs (ie The Dark Knight, Narnia: Prince Caspian) where too much compression was required for the size of the content and the only solution was to remove unnecessary content such as unwanted audio streams. This issue has been resolved and it never was an AnyDVD issue. The problem was with CloneDVD. The error really annoyed some people and it was finally resolved. Well, in this situation DVD Shrink is in the same boat and the problem falls squarely on DVD Shrink's shoulders. Obviously, DVD Shrink will be receiving no update so people will have to work around the annoyance. Sorry DVD Shrink fans but Slysoft really cannot forever be expected to resolve issues on DVD Shrink's end of things.

There is no problem with AnyDVD so there is not something that can be fixed on this end of things. You'll need to handle discs that cause this error to occur in DVD Shrink differently. I really do recommend using CloneDVD as the ripper even if you use another program for compressing/transcoding. The power of CloneDVD as a ripper is just far greater and you'll avoid problems such as you are having with DVD Shrink.

Last edited:
I am privy to everything that Drinklyeanddie is aware of. Also, an acquaintance has this disk and has no issues at all. Charlie has this exact same disc and managed to remove stuff in Shrink.

Correct :) I made a backup if the poster would read what I did. I have shrink but this is the first time I used it since? Well since I purchased CloneDVD2 :D

I made some inquiries and wanted to see if other people could duplicate the problem your were having. Charlie was able to replicate your situation and he was also able to resolve it. The problem in this situation is not AnyDVD. Unfortunately, the problem is an issue with DVD Shrink.

You have a few options with regard to this issue:

1. Ignore the error message. Some say it works fine if you ignore it. Personally, I don't like ignoring error messages so I wouldn't select this option.
  2. Do as instructed by Charlie and deselect content that isn't needed after importing into DVD Shrink and then compress. It works.
  3. Purchase a license for CloneDVD. There will be people who say that the transcoding quality is better using DVD Shrink than CloneDVD. I'm simply not going to debate that issue because it's unrelated to this matter and my advice. Use CloneDVD to rip movies to your HDD while deselecting the audio, sub-titles, etc, that you don't want. After doing this then use DVD Shrink for compression. This should resolve the issue.

For awhile there was an issue with certain discs (ie The Dark Knight, Narnia: Prince Caspian) where too much compression was required for the size of the content and the only solution was to remove unnecessary content such as unwanted audio streams. This issue has been resolved and it never was an AnyDVD issue. The problem was with CloneDVD. The error really annoyed some people and it was finally resolved. Well, in this situation DVD Shrink is in the same boat and the problem falls squarely on DVD Shrink's shoulders. Obviously, DVD Shrink will be receiving no update so people will have to work around the annoyance.

There is no problem with AnyDVD so there is not something that can be fixed on this end of things. You'll need to handle discs that cause this error to occur in DVD Shrink differently. I really do recommend using CloneDVD as the ripper even if you use another program for compressing/transcoding. The power of CloneDVD as a ripper is just far better.

Correct there is a compression issue with DVD Shrink. AnyDVD is doing its job correctly.

Except of course Charlie, that he last compressor in the world one would want to use on movies that require a lot of compression is CloneDVD2's compressor. :(

People don't have to use CloneDVD to transcode/compress. Just use CloneDVD for the ripping and content removal. They can then use the transcoder/encoder of their choice for reducing the size to fit on a DVD-5 blank.

But back to the point at hand. It seems the OP user is having trouble iether re-authoring for the main movie - or unticking "extra" streams. All of which should be straightforward SOP to those used to using iether Shrink or CloneDVD2. My instict is that it's unlikely an AnyDVD issue. The sheer size of that movie - coupled with the fact that there's always a lot of pixels in motion at the same time - make that title particularly difficult to compress.

You're right. This isn't an AnyDVD issue. Remember that CloneDVD issue that was fixed with The Dark Knight? Well, this is a similar issue and the problem is on trancoder's end of things and not AnyDVD's.

Last edited:
I use CloneDVD2 all the time and a third party encoder for a better PQ in my opinion. CloneDVD2 is well worth every penny.

Correct :) I made a backup if the poster would read what I did. I have shrink but this is the first time I used it since? Well since I purchased CloneDVD2 :D

Correct there is a compression issue with DVD Shrink. AnyDVD is doing its job correctly.

You guys are the best.... Through my trials and errors, I've resolved that DVDShrink is the problem. I purchased "DVD Shrink Pro" last week and it doesn't seem to work well with this Disc. I called on Shrinks support team to see if there was an update to correct this and they don't understand the issue. I think there is just too much data on the Disc for Shrink to compress to a single media Disc. I'm still puzzled why Shrinks window only allows me to view only title numbers; no menues, subtitles or other streams to untick.

You guys are the best.... Through my trials and errors, I've resolved that DVDShrink is the problem. I purchased "DVD Shrink Pro"

:doh: You were scammed. They basically stole your money. They took a freeware product, made some slight changes (mostly U.I.), and sold it back to you.

Last edited:
Even if you compress? Then that's a compression limitation on Shrink's end.

The thing is that you can unselect stuff, whereas klopf claims to not be able to. So I think there's some issue on klopf's end since you're both using the same disc, and since you can figure out what to do.

You're right! I cannot access the items seggested to unselect. it seems that DVD Shrink Pro doesn't offer that solution.:bang:

You guys are the best.... Through my trials and errors, I've resolved that DVDShrink is the problem. I purchased "DVD Shrink Pro" last week and it doesn't seem to work well with this Disc. I called on Shrinks support team to see if there was an update to correct this and they don't understand the issue. I think there is just too much data on the Disc for Shrink to compress to a single media Disc. I'm still puzzled why Shrinks window only allows me to view only title numbers; no menues, subtitles or other streams to untick.

There is no "DVDShrink Pro". You got scaqmmed. And the "support" can't support anything.

DVDShrink 3.2 is the last official version and it's a few years old. It went on to become Nero Recode... and then Nero managed to introduce bugs in it for good measure. (Making the older DVDShrink 3.2 the "definitive" version for all time.)

Since you don't thave the Official (ie real)version of DVDShrink.. I can't even help you to use it over in the 3rd party section. But you can always run it through twice to solve your problem.

-W

Last edited:
Money spent on that could of been put towards CloneDVD2 and then you could of made a good rip to use.

As has already been established, yes, sadly you were scammed, klopf. Dump this so-called DVD Shrink Pro. Either use the real deal and follow Charlie's advice for this type of problem or look into buying CloneDVD. You can take CloneDVD for a 21 day trial if you want before spending any money.

At least we were able to find the cause of the problem and a few possible solutions. Unfortunately, there is no solution for your being robbed by the dirtbags "developing" (aka stealing) and selling DVD Shrink Pro.

Sorry DVD Shrink fans but Slysoft really cannot forever be expected to resolve issues on DVD Shrink's end of things.

1. Since the OP was scammed - he wasn't really using DVDShrink at all. It remains unclear if the real DVDShrink has any serious issue with this title. I didn't see the board "light up" - so I suspect nothing of consequence.

2. Other than having to give verbal support for a huge myriad of programs (including Shrink) that succeed only because AnyDVD does the magic it does, I don't see where Slysoft has ever gone out of its way to "resolve issues" for DVDShrink. Quite the contrary, every time a DVDShrink user has any sort of issue - it's immediately exploited as a marketing oppertunity to try to sell him a copy of CloneDVD2. Both the DVD Standard and (the real) DVDShrink are set in stone, never to change. So as long as AnyDVD can produce DVDStandard outout - the world will remain round and happy.

-W

Noooooooooo....... I feel burned.:mad: Thanks for the tip.:rock:

You feel burned, because you were indeed burned. :(

DVDShrink is not able to defend itself anymore. This results in scammers (of many kinds) using it for thier own agendas.

I've used the real DVDShrink for years with total success. I guess here that makes me a "fan".

-W

Back