• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Completely lost with Clone DVD

twolabs

Hello, I need some help if someone has the time. I have been using Any DVD and Clone DVD without issue for almost a year. Went through a large spindle of Taiyo Yuden disks with maybe one coaster, max. Halfway through my second spindle all hell has broken loose. First, I thought I had drive issues: failed burns, drive can't find disk, drive wouldn't even open, etc. I put in a Sony DRU-842A-problem solved, or so I thought. Half a dozen successful burns later and Clone DVD is failing at all different points of progress...1%, 11%, 15% etc. So here is what I'm sure is a woefully lacking list of what I do know.
1. First spindle was regular TY disks, dvr+r
2. This spindle is "Premium" TY dvd-r
3. In frustration I even threw in a couple of cheap Maxell dvd+r disks
4. I really think the old drive was dying and unrelated (maybe)
5. I followed the link to the Sony site from the FAQ and downloaded the diagnostic tool which says the drive is up to date and working properly
6. I don't believe that it is a software conflict as the only thing that was recently installed was the Sony stuff that came with the drive

That's all I can think of for now. I am including the diagnostic file from Any DVD as suggested in the FAQ. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_PARTY.zip
    56 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Update to AnyDVD 6.5.3.2 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=28782

Make sure you are using CloneDVD 2.9.2.2: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html. If you aren't using the latest version then update.

cdrbsdrv (system32\drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys), Version: 7.5.0.0 (7.5.0.0)
Company: B.H.A Corporation
Product: B's Recorder GOLD7
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2004 B.H.A Corporation
Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
FileVersion: 7. 0. 0. 5
ProductVersion: 7. 5. 0. 0
PrivateBuild: 7. 5. 0. 0

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.204 (2.5.0.204)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204

I advise removing these two filters. For a list of known problematic filters refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536. Problematic filters can cause read errors which will, in turn, cause the backup process to fail.

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "cdrbsdrv". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Select "Pfc". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  6. Reboot

Whatever program installed the filter may no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed the filter then the filter will be installed on your system again.

After updating AnyDVD and removing the filters and rebooting please create and post a new set of log files.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response Drink. I should have included that my Clone DVD is 2.9.2.2 but I will get the latest Any DVD. Do you recommend trying to proceed after getting the 6.5.3.2 or should I also proceed with the filter removal as well? I have a feeling I already know the answer but I just want to be sure before I go rooting around in the registry. Thanks again for the help.

Thank you for the response Drink. I should have included that my Clone DVD is 2.9.2.2 but I will get the latest Any DVD. Do you recommend trying to proceed after getting the 6.5.3.2 or should I also proceed with the filter removal as well? I have a feeling I already know the answer but I just want to be sure before I go rooting around in the registry. Thanks again for the help.

All steps are important. Do what Drinkyleanddie wrote, please.

1)Also, at what speed are you burning your blank media?

2) Provide a Clonedvd log file

Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

a)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
b)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
c) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
d) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
e) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
f) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
j) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
k) click "upload"
l) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I followed the link to the Sony site from the FAQ and downloaded the diagnostic tool which says the drive is up to date and working properly

I wouldn't trust that. Diagnostic tools don't help when drives begin to go. It's not an on/off situation. All optical drives slowly die over time.

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B

That's not a Sony drive. That's an LG dvd-rom drive.

3) Produce log files using your burner please.

Last edited:
O.K. Webslinger I will follow the initial advice first and then report back.
Just wanted to clear up a couple of points.

I am burning at 8X although I did drop down to 4X at one point.
I will provide a Clone DVD log, I had to restart the process since I had shut it down after the last failed attempt.

The log I originally sent (for Any DVD) was from the read drive which I guess is an LG.
The Sony drive, DRU-842A is the one I'm using to write with. The link in the FAQ and the site I seem to end up at when looking for the latest Sony drivers is the same site and it only has the diagnostic tool, I can't find any stand alone drivers. Could be operator error there and I agree, you can't always trust the diagnostics, I just don't know where to look for the driver list.

Anyway, thank you very much for the response. I should have a Clone DVD log to post shortly. In the meantime I will continue with DrinkLyeAndDie's suggestions. Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

I just don't know where to look for the driver list.

Drivers shouldn't be a problem, since you're using default Microsoft ide drivers.

However, you may want to try updating to SP3 (I really don't think that's going to help though; it might, but I wouldn't hold my breath).

That's a rebadged Optiarc AD-7200A (well, maybe it's not truly a rebadge, since Sony was part of Optiarc).

O.K., here is the Clone DVD log. I've removed the registry filters and I will reboot.

Attachments

• CloneLog1.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
M:/CloneDVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB: read error
D Error details: File 1 M:/CloneDVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 1117 W2

Well, File 1 is a read error. It's not a writing error. So this problem doesn't appear to have anything to do with your burner nor blank media.

And the problem is reading from Drive "m:", whatever drive "m:" is. Your hard drive? Something is wrong reading from it.

Schedule a chkdsk scan:

a) Click the start button
b) Right-click "My Computer" and select "Explore"
c) Right-click the drive M:, and select "Properties"
d) In properties, click the tab called "Tools"
e) Click "check now"
f) The "checking disk" message. Check both options, and click start
g) You will probably see a message that chkdsk wants exclusive access to the disk and therefore wants to begin first thing after you restart your computer. Accept by clicking ok.
h) Restart your computer

http://www.windows-help-central.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html

Last edited:
Hello again, just an update, I ran chkdsk on my M: drive (external WD drive) which took quite awhile last night. It completed successfully but I was kind of expecting some sort of report like you get when you run chkdsk at boot-up.

First of all, is there anything inherently wrong with using an external drive for temp files in Clone DVD? I'm guessing there isn't and that this might just be early warnings of HD failure.

Anyway, once I switched the temp file location to a partition of my internal HD, Clone DVD ran fine.

Really want to say thanks again to DrinkLyeAndDie and Webslinger for the fast responses and incredibly detailed help. I am very grateful.

Hello again, just an update, I ran chkdsk on my M: drive (external WD drive) which took quite awhile last night. It completed successfully but I was kind of expecting some sort of report like you get when you run chkdsk at boot-up.

Well, if you can read quickly, maybe . . . ;)
After chkdsk completes Windows will just boot up.

First of all, is there anything inherently wrong with using an external drive for temp files in Clone DVD?

Not that I'm aware of

I'm guessing there isn't and that this might just be early warnings of HD failure.

Maybe (hard to tell)

Anyway, once I switched the temp file location to a partition of my internal HD, Clone DVD ran fine.

Really want to say thanks again to DrinkLyeAndDie and Webslinger for the fast responses and incredibly detailed help. I am very grateful.

No problem

Take care

Back