• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] CloneDVD2 Cannot Get Past Copy Protect (w/AnyDVD)

JTMathMan

Hello and thank you for looking into my problem.
I'm a registered user of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.
I purchased these product about 4 years ago.
They have operated flawlessly for me since I purchased them.
Recently, my PC experienced a hard drive failure.
My PC had a RAID system, the type that automatically backed up one hard drive to another identical hard drive.
My data was completely recovered but the RAID system was lost.
Now my computer operates with two independent hard drives: drive C for booting and applications programs and drive E for storage.

After repairs, I installed the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.
AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 are installed under the Program Files directory on the C drive. I followed the instructions to register my keys. Both applications show my name and registration number in the "About" area and "Information" area of the respective programs. I checked to ensure that my DVD burner was specifying a specific region (US) and that it had not exhausted the number of time the region could be changed.

I read every posting on the CloneDVD and AnyDVD forums before taking this step to write for help. One item I read mentioned that my error message sounded similar the the error message that appears when someone tries to use these products without registering them i.e., paying for them. I assure you, I am a registered owner with lifetime updates. In the same (or similar) posting, someone mentioned that there might be holdover code in a computer's registry that makes AnyDVD and/or CloneDVD think you are trying to use it without the proper registration. It was suggested that the registry has to be purged of any references to these products before they are reinstalled. I tried to manually do this. I uninstalled the two programs and then searched through the registry and deleted any references to AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. Then I re-booted and reinstalled the software and my keys. I still get the following message when I get to the last window of CloneDVD2:

Creation of DVD files was not successful:
Unable to copy protected material (CSS)
This DVD is protected against illegal duplication.
If it is permitted to create a backup in the country you live in, you may use CSS decoding tools available on the Internet. You can check the legal situation in your country at: http://www.euro-copyrights.org
PS 18 TCE

I am trying to follow all the instruction for posting to the forum for help.
Attached is my log file from AnyDVD and the text file from CloneDVD2.
If I messed anything up, please forgive me.
This is my first time posting to a forum.

Again, I appreciate any help that will get these great products working again.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.3_Info_D_STGEN.zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
  • CloneDVD2_log_file.txt
    945 bytes · Views: 3
1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok". Insert the disc in your optical drive. Allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before you open any other programs when inserting the original disc into your optical drive. Some computers take more time to scan some discs than other computers do, depending on system specs.

2. Use Clonedvd 2.9.2.6 beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2926.exe
Yes, the beta version is better than the official release. Yes, you should be using the beta version instead.

Thank You Webslinger!

Step 2 (using the Beta version) didn't correct the problem.
Step 3 (updating drivers) DID correct the problem.

I'm sorry to have bothered you with something so (seemingly) trivial.

Regarding the Beta version...
When I get notifications from Slysoft that there's a "new" version of CloneDVD2 available for download, what do you recommend users do?
Should we ignore their notification and go to the link you provided and download the Beta version instead?

Thank you once again. Your knowledge, responsiveness and professionalism is a credit to this forum and a comfort to those who purchase these products.

Best regards.

It's recommended that users use the latest version be it beta or official. New versions always contain fixes and/or improvements.

Should we ignore their notification and go to the link you provided and download the Beta version instead?

In this case, yes. I always list the version people should be using in this thread:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302 (steps 1 and 3)

Thank you once again. Your knowledge, responsiveness and professionalism is a credit to this forum and a comfort to those who purchase these products.

If only more people would follow instructions as well as you do, my time on these forums would be an absolute breeze.

Thank you for your kind words. :agree:

Sincerely,

Webslinger

Back