• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] clonedvd updates.

gsingh13

I've been comparing 1click dvd copy and dvdclone because I'm not sure which one to buy. I've been looking at 1click and they release alot of updates regularly wheras dvdclones updates are few and far between. this makes me think 1click is the better software does anyone agree? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to dvd copying and i'm looking to get the best software available. also 1click use some kind of cprx technology whereas dvdclone does not so can anyone tell me what the best sofware is or which one they would recommend. and why does dvdclone have so few updates compared with 1click? thanks

I've been comparing 1click dvd copy and dvdclone because I'm not sure which one to buy. I've been looking at 1click and they release alot of updates regularly wheras dvdclones updates are few and far between. this makes me think 1click is the better software does anyone agree?

No, it isn't. CloneDVD simply doesn't need many updates: If it ain't broke.... :D

EDIT:
Latest update is 4 days old.

Clonedvd doesn't need as many updates because it's not handling protection. Anydvd handles the protection for Clonedvd.

CPRx handles structural protection for 1-Click. Thus, 1-Click needs to be updated more often than Clonedvd.

Last edited:
I've been comparing 1click dvd copy and dvdclone because I'm not sure which one to buy. I've been looking at 1click and they release alot of updates regularly wheras dvdclones updates are few and far between. this makes me think 1click is the better software does anyone agree? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to dvd copying and i'm looking to get the best software available. also 1click use some kind of cprx technology whereas dvdclone does not so can anyone tell me what the best sofware is or which one they would recommend. and why does dvdclone have so few updates compared with 1click? thanks

The number of updates being less for CloneDVD doesn't mean it's not as good. I would argue the reverse it true and that requiring less updates makes it better. AnyDVD is removing the protections from the disc not CloneDVD whereas 1-Click has updates for removing protections and even some for making it work better when people use AnyDVD for removing the protections.

CloneDVD is updated when it needs it and due to how it works the need for updates is far less than 1-Click. In short, the fact that 1-Click has more updates is meaningless when judging which program is better. The program that is the most compatible with AnyDVD is CloneDVD and the lack of the need for frequent updates proves it.

yes that is what i thought but i'm still a bit puzzled. 1click states they do not remove any copy protection so what exactly is this cprx for. from what i've read or from what i understand most of 1clicks updates are definatly more for cprx but what exactly is this cprx? it cannot be for security updates because 1click have said they don't remove the css/macrovision encryption so i'm thinking the crpx is to improve the writing process so the disc burns more successfully. for example if a dvd is badly authored then, from what i understand, the cprx technology (which dvdclone does not use which is the whole point of my original question) helps to burn the dvd more successfully. my point is, if the cprx is to improve the writing process dvdclone does not use this is the reason why i'm thinking dvdclone is not as good. is this correct? is cprx to improving the copying process or is it to remove copy protection? i can't understand why it would be used to remove any copy protection because 1click does not remove the css copy protection so what would be the point in cprx? please shed light on this thank you.

yes that is what i thought but i'm still a bit puzzled. 1click states they do not remove any copy protection so what exactly is this cprx for.

They do remove structural protections / protections based on read errors. They say this so they don't get into legal trouble. (In court it won't help them, but that's another story). They don't remove CSS.

So, they remove "half" of the protection, relying on other tools like AnyDVD to do the rest.

As AnyDVD removes *all* protections... well, you don't need the "half" in 1-click. Use CloneDVD. It works. And you only need 3 clicks. ;)

structual protection.

I've been doing some research and I've discovered 1click dvd copy employs cprx to deal with "structrual dvd protection", does anydvd also deal with "structrual protection". also what exactly is "structrual protection" and how is this different to css encyription? please help thank you.

Do not create multiple threads on this topic, please. Just remain in this thread for the time being. Thank you

I've been doing some research and I've discovered 1click dvd copy employs cprx to deal with "structrual dvd protection", does anydvd also deal with "structrual protection".

Yes

also what exactly is "structrual protection"

With protect-dvd, a type of structural protection, for example, the file structure is corrupted with multiple files appearing with the same file name, 1GB .ifo files, sectors that overlap each other, etc. Windows Explorer cannot copy the files, and without Anydvd, you will get read errors. In fact, without Anydvd running in the background, the original disc may fail to play on computers.

and how is this different to css encyription?

CSS doesn't corrupt file structures on a dvd. You can read about CSS here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_Scramble_System

Last edited:
I've been doing some research and I've discovered 1click dvd copy employs cprx to deal with "structrual dvd protection", does anydvd also deal with "structrual protection". also what exactly is "structrual protection" and how is this different to css encyription? please help thank you.

AnyDVD deals with all protections on a disc be it CSS, RCE Protection, region coding, structural protections, etc. 1-Click does not handle CSS and without removing CSS a DVD cannot be copied so it requires another program to remove CSS for it. This limitation is done for legal purposes, as far as I know.

I see so 1click does not remove the css protection but it does remove the structrual protection. Ok so am I correct in saying anydvd not only removes the css but also deals with the structural protection too whereas 1click, though it doesn't remove the css and although they say they dont remove dvd protection, they do remove the structural part of dvd protection if the particular dvd employs this structural protection. is this correct?
so I take it the reason why clonedvd doesn't have any cprx updates or even use cprx is because anydvd sorts all this out for clonedvd. is that correct?
also i would just like to add, is it true then that not all dvds employ structural protection anyway? please reply thank you because i need to buy the software today.

I see so 1click does not remove the css protection but it does remove the structrual protection. Ok so am I correct in saying anydvd not only removes the css but also deals with the structural protection too whereas 1click, though it doesn't remove the css and although they say they dont remove dvd protection, they do remove the structural part of dvd protection if the particular dvd employs this structural protection. is this correct?

Yes.

so I take it the reason why clonedvd doesn't have any cprx updates or even use cprx is because anydvd sorts all this out for clonedvd. is that correct?

Yes. CloneDVD does do some work but it isn't removing protections. Removing protections is the job of AnyDVD.

also i would just like to add, is it true then that not all dvds employ structural protection anyway? please reply thank you because i need to buy the software today.

Yes. Not all DVDs have structural protections on them.

I see so 1click does not remove the css protection

correct

but it does remove the structrual protection.

CPRx in 1-Click does, yes

CPRx in 1-Click should be disabled when using Anydvd.

Ok so am I correct in saying anydvd not only removes the css but also deals with the structural protection too

correct

whereas 1click, though it doesn't remove the css and although they say they dont remove dvd protection, they do remove the structural part of dvd protection if the particular dvd employs this structural protection. is this correct?

Correct.

Yes

also i would just like to add, is it true then that not all dvds employ structural protection anyway?

Yes. But tons do: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Lots of 1-Click users buy and use Anydvd.

Ok thank you for your help guys i appreciate that. i'd also like to say the answers were given in a concise and easy to understand way. i will be buying clone dvd and anydvd both for lifetime upgrades. thank you once again you were very helpful.

Ok thank you for your help guys i appreciate that. i'd also like to say the answers were given in a concise and easy to understand way. i will be buying clone dvd and anydvd both for lifetime upgrades. thank you once again you were very helpful.

I'm glad we could help. :)

To get started, make sure you visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302 (go through the steps, step by step . . .)

If you learn the right way to approach the software now, you'll have less issues (and know what you should be doing).

Take care

Back