• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] CloneDVD deletes half of the Menu

teejay

Hello all,

I am backing up some of the Bollywood DVDs. All of the DVDs have following 4 Menus

1. Main Menu (No Submenu)
2. Scenes (Multiples Scenes)
3. Songs ( Multiple Songs)
4. Settings (Audio 5.1 / 2.1 channels and Subtitles On/Off)

I copied the DVD titles as DVD-5 (Originally DVD-9) movies, preserving the menus. In each and every DVD, first 2 menus and their submenus are functinal but the 3rd and the 4th submenus are not.

I was just wondering if I made some mistake while copying the titles.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

you need to make logs with anydvd and clonedvd, or nobody can or will help you.

the how to you'll find in the FAQs

I have attached the log file.

There may be information that cloning title was interrupted. I forgot to preserve menu in the first run which I realized half way through, so aborted and restarted preserving the menus.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• log.txt.zip
    123.8 KB · Views: 2
As far as I understand there is no protection on these DVDs, do you still need them?

As far as I understand there is no protection on these DVDs, do you still need them?

Yes, the logs might be useful to see and possibly the developers may need them. Make sure to create logs from the original discs and not the problematic backups.

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
  8. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  11. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  12. Click "upload".
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Many thanks for your detailed reply. I have attached AnyDVD log file as well for the same DVD the CloneDVD log I have attached in the previous reply.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.4.9_Info_F_YUVA.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 3
1. If you're a registered Anydvd user, update to 6.5.5.4 beta

2. Select "Clone dvd" from Clonedvd' main menu. Ensure all title selections including "preserve main menu" are checked.

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1981664 sectors (3870 MBytes)
Total size: 3685008 sectors (7197 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: YUVA
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

What colour is the bottom of this disc?

I am not a registered user of AnyDVD, using a trial version so can't update to latest beta.

I click on Preserve Menu option on second step i.e. select to clone the title and in the next window where you get to see all titles, I check the box for preserving the menu.

The colour of the disk is white/colourless.

I

I click on Preserve Menu option on second step i.e. select to clone the title

No. Select "clone dvd" from the main menu and don't uncheck anything. I suspect the problem is that some of the titlesets actually contain menu information.

The colour of the disk is white/colourless.

The bottom of the disc looks white? :confused:

You are right, these DVDs are very weird. They have another title in them which ranges from 7 minutes to 35 minutes and is a part of the movie. If I include that title as well while cloning, I get fully functional menu.

Thanks for the tip. Now, I have DVD clone with functional menus.

BTW, why did you ask me about the colour of the disk bottom?

he wanted to know if it was factory pressed, or home burnt. with no copy protection it was quite unclear.

Back