• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Can't copy without Director commentary playing

vipwebbiz

This just started a few weeks ago. I did download the most recent version of anydvd and clonedvd but on some dvds when I copy them, burn the dvd using clonedvd and then put in the dvd player, I hear the director's commentary and cannot shut it off. Does anyone else have this problem or anyone know how I can make sure I'm not copying the commentary. I have tried it copying just the main title and also with copying all the titles. Please help?

In addition to Spanky's suggestion, here's what I do.

Some titles in CloneDVD will have "dcmts" in with the main title of the movie, some may not. If not, that's fine.

Click Next, and go to the Audio and Subtitles screen.

Unselect the Director's Comments as seen here:

Under: Audio Streams on the left, and Audio Properties / Subtitle Properties on the right

dc.gif

I wonder why ppl always have so many problems with directors. I leave the main english audio & dcmts always on the disc and never run into this issue.

I've made a couple that had the comments running in the background, I think one was Finding Nemo.

Irritating to no end!

So yeah.. after that I made sure anything that mentions directors comments be left unchecked.

Finding Nemo--backup w/Director's Comments

Yes, I've also had the Director's Comments and mixed scenes which are the Extras, like storyboards of the film, 3 guys sitting around--mixed in with movie scenes. I've tried it twice--same results. I made sure to unclick everything except the main title, which doesn't seem to list comments within the title description.

Then I tried it with menus and it just looped back the menu with each click.

What am I doing wrong?

I might ad that Monster's Inc., worked only when I got rid of the menus--but it DID work.

Also, Toy Story 3 worked w/o menus.

Success! Thanks!

Thank you for your expertise Ch3vrOn. All is good. That was my 1st time backing up after getting the software. I appreciate it!

Back