• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Cannot make a backup copy of "Das Boot", Director's Cut, R2

PIGSgrame

I have a new original DVD of Das Boot - The Director's Cut, Region 2. AnyDVD detects several protection techniques such as bad sectors and bogus title sets and claims to have removed them. However, I am still not able to make a backup copy of this disk. When I process it by CloneDVD, the movie is transcoded up to 99%, but then the program tells that there are missing title sets. If I use the preview window, I can see that the whole movie is present including the full credits, but after the credits the preview window also complains about missing title sets.

Same happens when I use AnyDVD Ripper: The movie is ripped up to the near end, but then an error box appears. I also tried to use CloneDVD on the files that have been ripped by AnyDVD Ripper, but this didn't work either: There was a box telling that a broken DVD structure will be repaired, but after some minutes, CloneDVD again showed a message about missing title sets.

The DVD is brand-new, was factory sealed, is in mint condition and perfectly plays both on PC and on stand-alone DVD player, so I am sure this is not a problem about "mastering errors".

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_DVD_VIDEO.zip
    91.1 KB · Views: 21
I have a new original DVD of Das Boot - The Director's Cut, Region 2. AnyDVD detects several protection techniques such as bad sectors and bogus title sets and claims to have removed them. However, I am still not able to make a backup copy of this disk. When I process it by CloneDVD, the movie is transcoded up to 99%, but then the program tells that there are missing title sets. If I use the preview window, I can see that the whole movie is present including the full credits, but after the credits the preview window also complains about missing title sets.

Same happens when I use AnyDVD Ripper: The movie is ripped up to the near end, but then an error box appears. I also tried to use CloneDVD on the files that have been ripped by AnyDVD Ripper, but this didn't work either: There was a box telling that a broken DVD structure will be repaired, but after some minutes, CloneDVD again showed a message about missing title sets.

The DVD is brand-new, was factory sealed, is in mint condition and perfectly plays both on PC and on stand-alone DVD player, so I am sure this is not a problem about "mastering errors".

Thank you for reporting this, it is a very interesting problem. AnyDVD doesn't "see" title sets 2 and 3, but they are listed in dirlist.txt. I'll look into it.

Can you please post a zipped CloneDVD log? Thank you!

Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at[/b]

The attached log was created in "Clone DVD"-Mode with all menus included, but only the German audio and subitle tracks selected (which is what I wanted my copy to be like). As you requested, I put the log into a ZIP file. If you need a log with all tracks selected, just tell me.

Attachments

• clonedvd_log_Das-Boot-The-Directors-Cut.zip
    105.6 KB · Views: 11
years ago I bought an ex-rental of Das Boot-TDCut Region 2 and had no issues.
seems like there is a difference between ex-rentals and retail DVD's.

Just wanted to tell that AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 (and maybe 6.4.7.2 too, I didn't test this one) handles this disc correctly.
Thanks for fixing this so incredibly fast! I am once again truly impressed by SlySoft's quality of service :clap:

//edit:
That's well possible. I also have the original TV edition of Das Boot on DVD, which was released by the same label, and there were no issues backing up these disks. They even just use plain CSS protection without any of that annoying structural stuff.

Last edited:

The retail disc has been mastered twice. First time without copy protection, second time with Arccos (and an authoring error causing the problem).
Both versions have the same packaging and bar code. :(

Just wanted to tell that AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 (and maybe 6.4.7.2 too, I didn't test this one) handles this disc correctly.
Thanks for fixing this so incredibly fast! I am once again truly impressed by SlySoft's quality of service :clap:
You're welcome, and you're right, 6.4.7.2 was the first version fixing this problem, filed under "Improved fixing of incorrect DVD structures"
BTW, earlier versions worked as well, but you had to set CloneDVD to use the windows file system instead of internal I/O.
Very weird authoring bug on this disc.

Back